Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Nilfisk - No longer in NZ?

Is it just me, or are Nilfisk waterblasters no longer available from anyone in NZ? Mine is starting to show its age, was looking to replace it. 

Dunno - but they are all the same Chinese pump inside anyway.  I reckon Karcher is one of the better ones. Don't "upgrade" - the bas models are just as good.

I went through 3 mid range Karchers and a Nilfisk before buying a cheap Bosch. The Bosch has lasted for three years with no issue. I still can't believe it outlasted machines 3 times the price. Only thing I don't care for is the car wash gun foam kit. That aside for the price I can't fault it. I still use a big petrol blaster for heavy work, everything else it's the Bosch. 

Both the Nilfisks I got had issues.  1 pump failure and 1 the pressure switch is dicked.  They appear to have come back as Gerni.

I bought the cheap Bunnings Ozito brand one and it works just dandy.  Visually it appears to be the same as a Ryobi.

• Like 1

Also noticed the demise of Nilfisk, not sure why. I'm happy with my Bosch as well, I think I'm 3 years in now. I went for an "Advanced" for about $100 more than the "Universal", the former being "all metal construction" and twice the weight of the later. The included snow foam gun is rubbish but I'm having great success with my $20 Ali special cannon with brass fittings.

My Nilfisk stopped working after a couple of years and bugger all use.

Replaced it with a basic Karcher.

Alto / nilfisk.  Just rubbish. The plastic Pressure valve is the first thing to go. Brought an upper model end and it failed within 2 months. Second pressure valve failed a couple of years later with little use.3rd one was the final straw . $170 per unit to have them replaced if you can get the parts. Dealing with the distributor wasn’t great. They were in denial that there was a problem with them. They will come back and say they are for only a low duty cycle appliance.

With Altos they will last longer is you don’t leave them stopped whilst under pressure and when used turn the unit off but flush them with cold cycle from the tap by holding the spray trigger open. Got a few years out of it that way but you can tell when they are about to go as they will vibrate more then usual when they are about to fail.

Have gone karcher and haven’t looked back. 

I have a low end Nilfisk, had it for about 8 years or so I think. Used infrequently but when I do it's for a good couple hours solid (house washing etc). Never had an issue with it, shame if they've left the market. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a karcher or bosch is in future, Ive used this nilfisk for 5+ years and treat it mean :D