Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Clownshoe with a possibly suspect past.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3919037341?tm=email&et=45&mt=6692DAD5-C82E-415E-BD74-527047BCDCDE&bof=MvWpjTjS

TM has flagged that it had potential damage and has been re registered. A bit out of my price range at present but I am always intrigued by them. Nothing else looks like them.

IF you search bimmersport I think you will find the history of this car, there is plenty. I *think*, because I can't be bother to search at the moment, it was imported as a LHD wreck from Japan and rebuilt using a RHD non-M car.  It is said to be done to a very high spec but still... I don't think it should be sold without its true heritage being advertised.  I think the silver one (for less $$$) on TM right now is NOT a rebuilt wreck, but I haven't gone to lengths to verify this.

Here's a starting point.  There may be another posting with more history.

• Like 1

Definitely a LHD shell…tire pressure sticker on the wrong side. Guessing it was a US chassis as no VIN sticker on the sill either

13F79B58-3A57-4E58-B4AA-2F839DB875FF.png

• Like 1

Red alert !

"Selling my absolutely beautiful BMW M Coupe!"

And your 2005 Toyota RunX, your Mitsubishi, your Audi RS4, your Kawasaki...? Possible, that's a lot of vehicles for a 'Private seller' to have listed at once.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Clearly a trader as the RS4 is a fresh import and un-reg.

IIRC all their listings, including the M roadster got pulled last time round.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Clearly a trader as the RS4 is a fresh import and un-reg.

IIRC all their listings, including the M roadster got pulled last time round.

No, different seller. This has always been a Christchurch car. The other Auckland guy bought both the black S54 and the silver 16000km S50 car from HellBM. There is a strong interelationship with this blue car, and the silver Hell BM car in that both were imported damaged, and LHD. The Christchurch car came alongside a 3 litre E36/7 coupe, also damaged, this and new parts purchased in NZ saw the estoril car completed, complied and RHD, the tub and any bits left over went to Auckland, where some of those bits went into the repair and conversion of the silver car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The silver car on TM in Auckland is really really bloody tempting me. Reckon I could run it until April / May as a summer toy and get my money back?