Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_BMW

Milland

I heard that Milland is shutting the doors as of this Friday.

Anybody else heard this?

• Sad 1

What! Miland were exceptional in service and parts availablity. Sad to hear if this is the case

Bummer.  Tough times.  Reselling parts out of Germany with freight so expensive and slow; inflation denting disposable income; tough business environment to survive in.  Two lockdowns harm on the economy still being realised.  In Wellington the number of retail and hospitality spaces available for lease is stunning, it's like 1990 (or worse).

Tough times around the world. At least we have our health. Most Wellington CBD workers seem to have flexible working options since COVID, so like me are spending their lunch money elsewhere 2-3 days a week.

Part of this has to come down to promotion. Being in the BMW scene for around 15 years, I've not come across MillAnd. If I had stumbled upon their website, I would probably not bother as it appears to lack the ability to see their stock and therefore compare prices. Then again, the owner might have just retired or there may be other reasons non-financial for the closure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Tough times around the world. At least we have our health. Most Wellington CBD workers seem to have flexible working options since COVID, so like me are spending their lunch money elsewhere 2-3 days a week.

Part of this has to come down to promotion. Being in the BMW scene for around 15 years, I've not come across MillAnd. If I had stumbled upon their website, I would probably not bother as it appears to lack the ability to see their stock and therefore compare prices. Then again, the owner might have just retired or there may be other reasons non-financial for the closure.

I have heard the name a few times but never dealt with them either.  Trademe dealer?  If so that place sucks for parts now.  Swamped by dropships.

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

I have heard the name a few times but never dealt with them either.  Trademe dealer?  If so that place sucks for parts now.  Swamped by dropships.

Paul at MillAnd has been in business for years. Really good guy to deal with - knows his stuff. 

He does do TradeMe listings but typically only for special deals, and to maintain a web presence. Most of his work is via phone or email.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blackie said:

I would probably not bother as it appears to lack the ability to see their stock and therefore compare prices. 

Yeah that is the main issue for just about all BMW parts suppliers in NZ and why i rarely use them. No one seems want to invest in a basic ecommerce platform.  

4 hours ago, gjm said:

Paul at MillAnd has been in business for years. Really good guy to deal with - knows his stuff. 

He does do TradeMe listings but typically only for special deals, and to maintain a web presence. Most of his work is via phone or email.

Paul worked for BMW before branching out on his own, the local dealer wasn't very happy apparently.

From what I'm told Paul is closing because he got a job offer that was too good to turn down

• Like 3

Sorry to hear this.   Paul was a good bugger and gave great service.

On 2/24/2023 at 9:33 AM, Blackie said:

I brought a bit from him over the years, all over phone and email. Good service and prices, shipped over night with most things in stock.

All dissapearing slowly one by one sadly. Be a shame to have to order from over seas.

14 hours ago, polley said:

All dissapearing slowly one by one sadly. Be a shame to have to order from over seas.

We still have EuroItalian. Gavin sold to Rodney but the purpose is the same.

• Like 3