treone

e53 X5is - a rare beast?!

Don't see these that often, either in the e53 or e70 platforms, with this type of color combination! 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/x5/listing/4624292608

Pics for prosperity:

2004 X5is - 1 ($14k).jpg

2004 X5is - 2 ($14k).jpg

Edited by treone
Correcting my dose ignorance
  • Like 2

Was this the neglected one that sat in the Wairau Valley Park and Sell for quite some time?
12.1L/100 on average on the open road though...  That is not good for a low power NA V8.

One sold here 2mths ago for somewhere (with bids) between $7k and 9k (cant recall) so this is.. expensive.

3 hours ago, Driftit said:

Was this the neglected one that sat in the Wairau Valley Park and Sell for quite some time?
12.1L/100 on average on the open road though...  That is not good for a low power NA V8.

I thought that one was black? Sat there for over a year at $8-9k?

1 hour ago, Palazzo said:

I thought that one was black? Sat there for over a year at $8-9k?

Ah it was black huh.  Where was the blue one posted.  I am sure we have seen this one or another the same colour on the forum.

I don’t remember one this tidy looking. Thought about one for a while and read the maintenance log from (Termipete?) Wellington and thought “yeah, nah.” $14.5k seems like a lot.

• Haha 1

Love these 4.8is' and this is as about as nice as they get... but I have an X3 M40i now 🤷‍♂️

Im pretty sure the ones being referred to are e70’s. With this being an e53 4.8is I think makes it a little rarer and that more special. Im sold on the colour combo alone and would pay the asking 😎. But similar to @TermiPeteNZ, (unfortunately) I have an M5 now 🤣

seller mentions they also have an estoril blue 4.6is - what a garage!

No, they were E53s. I looked at the Park and Sell one and another in West Auckland that was $9995 at a dealer.

Happy to be corrected!

don’t think it’s a fair comparison between these two though - that black one sounds like it was a sh*tter. This one seems to be an improvement over it - without knowing the history or viewing it. 

interesring how it’s gone straight to asking price / value. I was just commenting on its (realitive) rarity, regardless of what anyone is willing to pay for one - if they were in the market 😎

Edited by treone

Would the 4.6 not be a more special car as it’s an Alpina engine?

^^ Agree!

They probably pop up every 6months or so for sale, in either form. M62b46 was also used by Morgan

mine normally looks like this 😂

37124588_1976439899056213_3129630930726027264_n.jpg

50799414_2261596873873846_1770053840561766400_n.jpg

IMG_3041.JPEG

IMG_5142.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, treone said:

Im pretty sure the ones being referred to are e70’s. With this being an e53 4.8is I think makes it a little rarer and that more special. Im sold on the colour combo alone and would pay the asking 😎. But similar to @TermiPeteNZ, (unfortunately) I have an M5 now 🤣

seller mentions they also have an estoril blue 4.6is - what a garage!

Eh no, an E70 with a 4.8i is a pretty normal thing (Ive just sold one). The 4.8is E53 is the ones we are referring to and the one I was tracking sold for far less only recently. Maybe it wasnt as nice as this one, but it was the same thing. 

Happy to be corrected again and admit I got it wrong 😁

Updated original post to correct my ignorance 🤣

Actually, looking at it again, this would go perfectly with the M5 and one of the 8's to form a cool colour combo trifecta garage, maybe I should buy it bahaha 😝 🤣

Edited by treone

22 minutes ago, treone said:

Happy to be corrected again and admit I got it wrong 😁

Updated original post to correct my ignorance 🤣

Whats mad is I can find no evidence to back up this E53 4.8is that went for 9k I mentioned! I've checked Completed Listing, Lost Items and my inbox. It must not have used very good searchable keywords in the advert.