Gaz

After who knows how many years, it's finally $1 reverse

More ChatGPT descriptions generated: it uses 'timeless' in everything it produces. At least this one leaves out 'elegance'.

• Haha 1

Disappointed, I thought this would be the 540i “Schnitzer” from Rose City Cars that started at $35k(?).

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Palazzo said:

Disappointed, I thought this would be the 540i “Schnitzer” from Rose City Cars that started at $35k(?).

Ah yes, Michael Grant Motors... i thought it was that car too 🤣 Looks like its gone from TM, so maybe they finally gave up?

I didn't  realize "luxurious feel of a bygone era" was code for "has cloth seats".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Someone is going to buy that and press it into service and find out why low km cars that have been sitting around for decades arent a good idea. The tires alone have a date code of 5206 on them, which makes them almost 20 years old. That should be illegal to wof/sell.

• Like 4

If it was something exciting/collectable etc, low milage is like an extra long horn on your unicorn.

On something super ordinary... I don't see the point.

If it was a factory manual wagon, would make it 1000x more desirable than it is. Even just a 'vert would be 500x better.

As it is, if I was in the market for a similar car, I'd probably pay a 20% premium, just for the unusualness... but I'd rather buy a 1 owner car with 120k, in good nick... which probably also gets a 20% premium over all the clapped out 328i's on the market at any given time.

And to be fair... at least it isn't a 320i 😄

29 minutes ago, Allanw said:

If it was something exciting/collectable etc, low milage is like an extra long horn on your unicorn.

On something super ordinary... I don't see the point.

If it was a factory manual wagon, would make it 1000x more desirable than it is. Even just a 'vert would be 500x better.

As it is, if I was in the market for a similar car, I'd probably pay a 20% premium, just for the unusualness... but I'd rather buy a 1 owner car with 120k, in good nick... which probably also gets a 20% premium over all the clapped out 328i's on the market at any given time.

And to be fair... at least it isn't a 320i 😄

Just like seriously +1 to everything there.

To give them credit, at least it's $1 reserve so the market will truly determine... but yes it should be illegal to WOF tyres that old.