E30stz

Quick Questions

Did the flange beak off the pump or part of the valve?

Mine broke off same place, can't remember how I bypassed it but it wasn't hard just trace the hoses

As far as I can tell I'm broke on #22. Pic looks a little odd though, doesn't have the short hose that connects #22 to #21 at the pump?post-6436-0-76308900-1405502970.jpg

Alright. I'm armed with a screwdriver and a 5/8 deep socket. Ready to do corrective surgery on an octopus, in the dark..

Well that was painless. Quick 'n dirty wheelnut blockoff treatment. A few laps of the hood (Grafton/Newmarket) shows no coolant loss, or heater for that matter... pffft.

post-6436-0-27373000-1405506763.jpg

Hope thats a lock stud. Dont want it getting pinched

If I wanted to get my rear wheel repaired, does any one know what 'easy to find' wheel would fit so I can drive around for a day or 2?

To re-phrase; what wheel spec can fit the rear of an e46 m3?

Cheers

N

hi guys, installed an intake couple days back and its running fine .. however when I was pulling out the factory airbox, the airbox had some random hose plugged into the bottom of the box. was a dry hose, diameter 15-20mm. I am assuming it is the crank case ventilation hose ..? is it okay to leave it open, or is it time to mount a catch can somewhere?

That's for the emissions recirculating pump down by the ac compressor. I'm sure it'll be fine just hanging out. I'm guessing I pumps unburnt gases back into the intake

If its right at the bottom of the filter box it may be a drain incase of water ingestion.

Would a broken viscous fan cause a loss of power on a 320i e30? It seems like ive got no torque at all even at low gears.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Would a broken viscous fan cause a loss of power on a 320i e30? It seems like ive got no torque at all even at low gears.

Nope definately not.

if its a 320i auto is probably acting completely normal lol

Haha but this is worse than the normal and its manual. Like I can barely get up a hill even on 2nd.

I'd try checking spark plugs and the dizzy cap for crud

hi guys, installed an intake couple days back and its running fine .. however when I was pulling out the factory airbox, the airbox had some random hose plugged into the bottom of the box. was a dry hose, diameter 15-20mm. I am assuming it is the crank case ventilation hose ..? is it okay to leave it open, or is it time to mount a catch can somewhere?

it is indeed for the air pump. Technically should be filtered air, but as it pumps air from that pipe into the exhaust it shouldnt matter much (might shorten the life of the pump though).

Its pipe 10 (diagram is from my own pre-evo, but should be similar)

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BF92&mospid=47432&btnr=11_1335&hg=11&fg=50

Edited by KwS

it is indeed for the air pump. Technically should be filtered air, but as it pumps air from that pipe into the exhaust it shouldnt matter much (might shorten the life of the pump though).

Its pipe 10 (diagram is from my own pre-evo, but should be similar)

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BF92&mospid=47432&btnr=11_1335&hg=11&fg=50

I can hack up an old filter and fit it?? If that would help?

id either get one of those wee breather filters, or maybe some fine mesh and stick it over the opening. The pump only runs for a period of time on a cold start, otherwise it should be off.

If I wanted to get my rear wheel repaired, does any one know what 'easy to find' wheel would fit so I can drive around for a day or 2?

To re-phrase; what wheel spec can fit the rear of an e46 m3?

Cheers

N

Pretty much anything 5 series. I believe the rear of an e46 m3 is 18x9 et26

Anyone have a photo of a dizzy cap for an e30 m20b20 with the numbering per port so I can check if I have mine right? Dizzy is the one kn the side not the front. Circular one.

Some caps have the numbers moulded into them. Maybe hit it with brake cleaner and see if this one does?

Otherwise this might help (i didnt add the arrow, so ignore it unless relevant),

M20ignition.jpg

Edited by KwS

Thanks KwS! Out of curiosity.. where did you get this?