Sign in to follow this  
TronSpec

Favorite Model Bimmer

It seems a few members are getting sick of their old e30's. So instead of the old e dirty what would you rather drive. Of course money still has to be a option so keep it real... B)

Mine would be my soon to be completed e30 with 92 2.5ltr m50 engine 5spd.

If money weren't an option I'd have a e39 m5 heavely modified..... :rambo:

post-746-1159776295_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrHamWallet

daily...e39 M5 too. maybe e36 M3

I could easily live with mine everyday.

Its even reasonably good on gas.

E36 M3, definetly, or failing that any E36 manual :)

if money wasnt an option, my hopefully soon to be done( in about 10 years) e36 with a great big whopping 350 chev sticking out of the bonnet.

thats what i wanna do to mine, but pay of debt first then start working on it, maybe finished in 10 years :) lol

Edit: spose thats not a daily driver ^ just a weekend car :wacko:

Edited by MADBMA

Gotta E36 Manual, So next best thing,maybe a E36 Racecar!

Daily driver?

Any old ute [as long as it has a towbar]

again I hate to say this after I was saying E36 aint as fun as E30 but they are a far better daily for getting to work/shopping. That would be my sensible option as a daily, however I've always been partial to E34's. M50 powered 525 would be nice.

But thats why I've still got my e30, cheap to run and nothing else appeals to me.

XR6T would be cool though, one of the later ones with the 6spd box. so tunable.

BMW 2002tii, or a 1979 Saab 99 Turbo 2 door, in seventies orange. I'm a retro man. I own a late-ish model Corolla 1.6 as a daily (thanks for the cast off, Mum!), it is bloody boring though has great cupholders. Needing a weekend fun car though, miss my E30.

post-944-1159783984_thumb.jpg

post-944-1159837180_thumb.jpg

Edited by ThreeOneEight

e 34 3.8 M5 Touring or e34 540 touring manual six speed of course.

An e 39 M5 would be cool but i wonder how they will fare as OLD cars

There was a blue one one on trade me that I was dreaming about the other day.

IMO a daily driver needs to be totally reliable, so anything modified or with a M designation wouldn't make my list.

Common sense says a Toyota Corolla would be the best bet in that regard. However, since I'd rather walk than be seen in a Toyota, I'll stick with my current E39 528 which is easy on the petrol (full tank normally lasts 2-3 weeks), comfortable and stylish (imo, of course) :)

An e30 M3 or a late e30 M3 Cabriolet... other than that I'd have to go back to a Porsche 928 GTS

e46 328 or 330. You can pick them up for well under $30k now, which for a 5-6yo vehicle is similar money to a brand new base-model jappa, so not too bad considering they were close to a hundy grand new.

Stylish, modern interior, with all the mod cons. Nice and easy to drive, but with enough poke to have little bit of fun too.

e46 328 or 330. You can pick them up for well under $30k now, which for a 5-6yo vehicle is similar money to a brand new base-model jappa, so not too bad considering they were close to a hundy grand new.

Stylish, modern interior, with all the mod cons. Nice and easy to drive, but with enough poke to have little bit of fun too.

I agree, and for all the exact same reasons.

Same as Graham, an E46 330i, or 328i (manual would be great) or an E36 four door M3.

Something with a bit of style, bit of punch and cruisy to drive.

Guest Andrew

You'd have to pay me to daily a new BMW.

It just doesn't make sense - for the money, there are WAY better cars out there. It would be a different story if I was 25 - I just cannot get insured on any BMW with bigger than a 2 ltr motor.

VE holden anybody? Hell yeah.

But if i could afford a new BMW to daily - it would be a E60 535d

Im getting over having a nice car for a daily, id rather have an old toyota or somthing similar these days, even a crappy one would do. Im probbly (unfortunatly) going to end up having a rav 4 as a daily <_< ....... But as i see it (IMO) a daily is to get you from A to B and thats it. Ive got my weekend Toys to have fun in!

well I think I might go buy an E46 M3 GTR Wide body, hahaha i wish! Maybe in 10 years when cars are extinct

So much for being realistic, $ wise!?

I'm in Andys boat...getting a little bored of BM's, sitting in a 5, 7 or 3 - they all seem quite similar after a while!

A Porsche is next on my list, just cant bring myself to sell my girl :(

E46 325 Touring or a 130d

DD: 535d touring if $$ weren't an issue and to tow the track hack.

Slightly more realistic a 120d but still dreaming.

So I'll settle for a good old AE92 Corolla FX-GT with a few supermarket dents to match, cheap to run, reliable and most importantly, expendible!!

SL65 AMG.

Na really, i'd just go for a FL 316 Auto. Fine by me!

Andy its a VE Comm you've got aye?

Any Model M5 or 540 from E34 onwards.

Jazzbass, they are no less reliable than any other model BMW, so why not. My parts cost a bit more, but they make the car that much better than the standard version.

An M car is NOT a daily...

Why ?

IMO if its a daily then it has to be something you really enjoy, you are after all driving it every day.

An e39 M5 would do me just nicely, but so would an e39 540/6. Couldnt seem myself going smaller than a 5 (those who know me will understand why) and it would have to be something with a bit of punch and all the mod cons.

So a 760Li it is then ;)