Sign in to follow this  
MLee

M3 CSL

He should see what these are going for in Germany!! Easily double what this guy sold his for (in my opinion far too cheap). Bargain this one whoever bought it.

I do have a concern about owning one of these to be honest now, as so many parts are now NLA, you'd almost need a car and a spare just to keep one running in the future. Shame really. But I guess that's one way these are appreciating.

I am seriously contemplating pulling the motor out of mine and putting it on an engine stand and putting a stock S54 in there and tune it to run as a CSL given I have all the tools and knowledge to do so. Blow one of these engines up and you'll never get another one now.

Which particular parts are NLA and of concern to you?

There is this LHD CSL up for auction in Japan this week, it's done 22,000kms:

396aa8c84d0f2b837fe64aee44ef44a0_zpsp7kq

• Like 1

Most of the parts though are the same as other e30s.... So not really that hard to find.

Unless you're talking about e34 m50 sumps. .... Lol

Nah all of the nz motorsport (bespoke hood / roof liners etc) stuff and sports panels. You can't by them anymore new and there is next to no second hand stock around with out finding a capper to pull apart.

Nah all of the nz motorsport (bespoke hood / roof liners etc) stuff and sports panels. You can't by them anymore new and there is next to no second hand stock around with out finding a capper to pull apart.

Yeah, cosmetic things are different. But main drive line and suspension parts (things that might actually break) are the same. Anyway, all of that's changed on yours anyway :)

So does anyone know if this is staying in NZ or heading offshore?

Staying apparently.

• Like 1

Another listed. That's two in as many weeks ! Looks like they saw what the other one sold for.

Wasn't this for sale or expression of interest mid last year on this forum? Pics look familiar

Yep, same one.

Fark, so unless someone stumps up with 120 large we lose another piece of motoring history to overseas interests.

So, how about a syndicate purchase??

Told my dad to buy it as an investment. Wonder what these will be worth in a few years time!

He was skeptical unfortunately.

Told my dad to buy it as an investment. Wonder what these will be worth in a few years time!

He was skeptical unfortunately.

A bloody sight more than they sell for now! In my eyes an unmolested CSL is the only true successor to the E30 EVO - all the good stuff with none of the junk you don't really need.

• Like 1

Black one has been taken off Trademe, will possibly be back soon, watch this space.

Edit: PM me if you're a buyer and need details.

Edited by M3AN

A bloody sight more than they sell for now! In my eyes an unmolested CSL is the only true successor to the E30 EVO - all the good stuff with none of the junk you don't really need.

The M3 CSL is a great drive and a very capable track day car, but it doesn't get off the ground heritage wise compared to the E30 M3. The E30 M3 was homologated to go racing. Its the most successful touring car of all time. The M3 CSL has no racing heritage as such.

On another note, people seem to clap on about black CSL's and how rare they are. Silver Grey looks way better and shows the lines of the car so much better. Is the black rarer because it was less popular than Silver Grey?

• Thanks 1

Im all for black on most cars but the CSL does look amazing in silver.

I'd take either colour! :)

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 2

WIthout the CSL wheels... WTF? Why would you put the non-CSL M3 wheels on it.

I think the genuine CSL wheels are still available, but not cheap.

CSET should buy it to put his wheels on it and make it all complete!!

• Like 2

lol, CSET should buy a whole CSL cuz he owns CSL wheels. that logic +1

• Like 1

There was another Jap auction grey one with the wrong mirrors and LHD, wonder what that sold for.

WIthout the CSL wheels... WTF? Why would you put the non-CSL M3 wheels on it.

Duh... they are visually superior. The rarity has clouded your judgement :P

CSET should buy it to put his wheels on it and make it all complete!!

No thanks, I don't like autos

Wait for it...

• Like 6