Sign in to follow this  
MLee

M3 CSL

Have sent to wife.... awaiting approval.

Update;

post-128-0-60023100-1456707218.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 2

Have sent to wife.... awaiting approval.

Good luck!

anyone sell their "normal" e46 m3 to me so you can have a deposit for this, must be manual and not silver ;)

Blue. Yellow. Red. Lots of colors better than boring bloody silver!

As much as i want to say "that price is crack money, bitches be crazy".... thats a proper collectors car there. I wouldnt even want to drive it much for fear of putting km on it. Its immaculate.

Bit of a shame he used stock images or engine bay and interior though. Dont like stock images.

That's in mint condition.

My mate is thinking of sending his to the UK for a sale. He hasn't had much interest above $90k here but to be fair it's only being passively marketed.

• Like 1

That's awesome, it's good to see they're holding strong value!

(To our detriment)

What a car.

Yep, goneburger - it seemed to be well priced and immaculate (30,000kms from memory). Future fast-appreciating classic right there.

Hope it stays in NZ - so many of these rare vehicles are being shipped offshore. Can't say I blame the owners/sellers, given what people in other countries will pay compared to here.

• Like 2

^ and the exchange rate at the moment encourages selling overseas.

Although my mate is reconsidering exporting his having heard about this sale!

• Like 2

When I was looking for some centre caps for my Hartge wheels, I had Americans offering me insane money for what was a rough set with no centre caps. My girlfriend at the time thought I was mental dor saying no. Hence why she is an ex.

• Like 3

Although my mate is reconsidering exporting his having heard about this sale!

He should see what these are going for in Germany!! Easily double what this guy sold his for (in my opinion far too cheap). Bargain this one whoever bought it.

I do have a concern about owning one of these to be honest now, as so many parts are now NLA, you'd almost need a car and a spare just to keep one running in the future. Shame really. But I guess that's one way these are appreciating.

I am seriously contemplating pulling the motor out of mine and putting it on an engine stand and putting a stock S54 in there and tune it to run as a CSL given I have all the tools and knowledge to do so. Blow one of these engines up and you'll never get another one now.

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 3

He should see what these are going for in Germany!! Easily double what this guy sold his for (in my opinion far too cheap). Bargain this one whoever bought it.

I do have a concern about owning one of these to be honest now, as so many parts are now NLA, you'd almost need a car and a spare just to keep one running in the future. Shame really. But I guess that's one way these are appreciating.

Understood and agreed. One recently sold in the UK for GBP70k so that's about NZ$150k!

He drives his rarely, just has it maintained on his behalf and tended to as required so it doesn't get any wear and tear - he's hoping that means he doesn't have to source any of those NLA parts. He does freak out about the possibility of having somebody slam into it though... as I'm sure you can imagine!

• Like 1

Understood and agreed. One recently sold in the UK for GBP70k so that's about NZ$150k!

He drives his rarely, just has it maintained on his behalf and tended to as required so it doesn't get any wear and tear - he's hoping that means he doesn't have to source any of those NLA parts. He does freak out about the possibility of having somebody slam into it though... as I'm sure you can imagine!

That's cheap again that UK car and I know exactly the one you are speaking of. There's an even more expensive one for sale and I know of two sitting in a bubble LOL.

In Germany you'd be paying NZ$220,000 for something like the one just sold here. So I call this owner a bit too desperate to let it go for that sort of money.

If I was investing in one however I'd buy one in Sapphire black and LHD.

He should be concerned about someone smashing into it .. and it's not just NLA parts, even parts that are readily available have increased in prices by as much as 500%. Break one of those aluminium rear arms and he'll be crying just to get replacements!

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 2

^ its amazing you can know all this yet still have the balls to own one!

sometimes.. ignorance really is bliss, until you get that repair bill of course

• Like 2

^ its amazing you can know all this yet still have the balls to own one!

sometimes.. ignorance really is bliss, until you get that repair bill of course

I am not worried, it's a car.

Edited by M3_Power

I just think of the price I paid when I bought it rather than the worth.... Unless I pad top $! The rest is the cost of living

I am seriously contemplating pulling the motor out of mine and putting it on an engine stand and putting a stock S54 in there and tune it to run as a CSL given I have all the tools and knowledge to do so. Blow one of these engines up and you'll never get another one now.

you should try owning a tech1 e30 motorsport...

Most of the parts though are the same as other e30s.... So not really that hard to find.

Unless you're talking about e34 m50 sumps. .... Lol

Edited by polley
  • Like 1