Breaker

1999 E38 750i Individual

11 hours ago, NUSTAD said:

Great you got a WOF.....VTNZ must have had the riot act read to them by LTNZ as they just failed my GTR for having adjustable castor rods......they have been on there for a decade......insisting on a cert.   FFS.......

they don’t want to carry any risk.

Exactly, too scared covering their arse more then is it a safety risk, wrong agenda altogether 

Edited by Breaker

VTNZ, jeez I've had them write down on the WoF form that it's a litre and a half low on oil.  They don't even know how to read a dipstick.  Better they stick to their core function!  Thankfully I've never had any stupid observations about suspension component replacements, and my local always seems to have a BMW keen-bean.

B12 Pro Kit must be nice, Brent.  Given there'd be a TUV cert for it, shouldn't be hard to run that against the standards and guidelines.  Thankfully they've never blinked at my Volvo, self-levelling (Nivomat) also removed.  They were self-contained units with soft springs; replaced with Sachs OEM & H&R Sportsprings.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Olaf said:

VTNZ, jeez I've had them write down on the WoF form that it's a litre and a half low on oil.  They don't even know how to read a dipstick.  Better they stick to their core function!  Thankfully I've never had any stupid observations about suspension component replacements, and my local always seems to have a BMW keen-bean.

B12 Pro Kit must be nice, Brent.  Given there'd be a TUV cert for it, shouldn't be hard to run that against the standards and guidelines.  Thankfully they've never blinked at my Volvo, self-levelling (Nivomat) also removed.  They were self-contained units with soft springs; replaced with Sachs OEM & H&R Sportsprings.

A much better option for the Volvo I bet Olaf. And yes they also mentioned I was a quart short of oil !

• Like 1

VTNZ wof check for my partner's Mazda Poo (2).

Passes with an advisory that rear brake pads will need replacing in the next 12 months.

It has drum brakes in the rear. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Managed to score some genuine low mileage replacement tail lights for $50 each. Bargain really. Nothing much wrong with the old ones but certainly not as dull and in better condition so they can move to the parts cupboard.Some before and after pics.

18972E9D-0215-4F50-B1AA-C8BA5AAA5F11.jpeg

153C6508-5CE3-4B04-8EE6-D881CA46B271.jpeg

70EC365A-5535-4234-ADE4-B38C63538A78.jpeg

B75AA8B8-F414-4E2F-86CA-7BBBCCEB182A.jpeg

C95F7190-6498-4E52-8EBD-AF01F3F28967.jpeg

• Like 2