Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

My New Trolley

Ordered the new trolley on Friday. Kona Elite 1.6T DCT7 in Pulse Red with Towbar & the full Dura-Seal protection system for paint & leather. Should get it Friday or early the following week. The pulse red is close to BMW's Imola Red.

http://www.autocar.co.nz/car-reviews-app/2018-hyundai-kona-elite-review

hyundai-kona-right_600x300.jpg

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 5

Glenn that might be Imola red not to be confused with Ebola red , one is a BMW colour 

57 minutes ago, 3pedals said:

Glenn that might be Imola red not to be confused with Ebola red , one is a BMW colour 

Seriously.... go drive one then get back to me. I have one here if your interested. Same as..just in black

Took delivery today Absolutely luv it

M4.JPG

M5.JPG

M3.JPG

M1.JPG

M2.JPG

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 3

Technically a BMW M given the ex-head designer for M is now at Hyundai  😂

Go drive one Tom. You’ll  be pleasantly surprised by the performance of the 1.6T DCT7 AWD version and the handling

• Like 1

Cool car! I love it.

Here is a nice review from a couple of guys who are quite good at what they do. unlike some new motorsport car channels. the banter between them works quite well.

• Like 1

I’m really enjoying it. Especially being able to set up the HUD and all the safety parameters. The Elite is the top of the range in NZ with every extra fitted including the Autolink app. Break in period is 2,000km. So no towing or pissing others off with the performance. I had a bit of fun in the demo one I had for a week though. Never thought I’d like heated seats, but the leather can be cold first thing (3 heat settings) All the auto settings are great too along with keyless entry. For a small AWD  vehicle there’s not much it doesn’t have for its size and cost.

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 1

Looking at the review it really does have some impressive features. Very BMW-like too the auto climate aircon controls, the different drive settings, and it looks like the infotainment system looks top notch!

I wonder what these things would be worth in a couple years time secondhand.. might be a fantastic little car for trolley duties!

• Like 2

Thanks for the positive reply Kyu 👍 and yes it has a hell of a lot of features and beats anything in it's class of car  ....and more. I think there is more of an Audi look about the front... Q7 ?

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

Definitely has some design cues from other manufacturers but thats not just for this car but for every carmaker nowadays.

Bottom line is it looks good, much better than some of the other crossover mini suv style cars like the nissan juke and mazda cx whatever.

I was having a chat with a colleague who recently bought the kia stinger sport and we both agreed that for around half the price (or less) of a german counterpart, you get a bloody awesome car with a lot of features and benefits.

I am personally super interested to try the i30N!

Yes I totally agree with you. The Euro manufacturers are going to get a big run for their money with the Korean Kia & Hyundai guys competing in their markets now 

Maybe in 10 years time, stuff like the i30N and Stinger will help change the enthusiast publics opinion, but most people still think beaten up daewoo with the bumper falling off when "korean car" is mentioned :D