Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Fair enough

[Off-Topic] My 100% standard Honda was quicker than most 3.0L bmws :ph34r: (yes, even annoyed non-Evo E36's)

Telepathically quick steering, 4pot Brembos, and one of the best 6-speeds I've driven in my short life. All factory spec'd from Honda. To this day I still don't really know why people keep bagging Hondas?

....I guess it also did come with a picnic table for a rear wing :unsure:

[/off topic]

....Back on topic, it is refreshing to engage in a forum where basic grammar is compulsory and member decorum is of a fairly high standard. I think it was a brave move by moderators to ban the, uh, miscreants

Why?

Is this going to be a joke?

People over here who drive honda's have really young girlfriends. like 21 y/o guy with 15 y/o girl.

[Off-Topic] My 100% standard Honda was quicker than most 3.0L bmws :ph34r: (yes, even annoyed non-Evo E36's)

Telepathically quick steering, 4pot Brembos, and one of the best 6-speeds I've driven in my short life. All factory spec'd from Honda. To this day I still don't really know why people keep bagging Hondas?

....I guess it also did come with a picnic table for a rear wing :unsure:

[/off topic]

....Back on topic, it is refreshing to engage in a forum where basic grammar is compulsory and member decorum is of a fairly high standard. I think it was a brave move by moderators to ban the, uh, miscreants

Well it has to be a NSX then, what other stock standard Honda would beat a 3.0l?

Yes i too am happy with the outcome of all this, i think that was the karma those guys had comming :)

To this day I still don't really know why people keep bagging Hondas?

Maybe we should start a pointless thread about why.

To be honest I think its just cause we're all so jealous of honda drivers with their huge wings and 15y/o gf's

People over here who drive honda's have really young girlfriends. like 21 y/o guy with 15 y/o girl.

haha, some of us knew what you were getting at.

good on the mods, hopefully we'll get alot of the old crowd back

Hondas themselves are proberly fine, won't say descent because both my sisters have prelude vtecs that smoke like buggery, they're not old cars either. Anyway they just get a bad name by the dickheads who drive them stupidly! Roaring up mainstreets in all towns of NZ.

Agreed. They weren't the most colourful of bimmersport's crayon box.

Wow,lego now now crayons !! rekindling the past times aren't we.

Could we call them the 'pogs' and Ollie the slammer?

Edited by jeddy

crx's are nuts, as are ek type r civics, and itr's too. Th honduh image, imo is ruined by the words slammed, bagged, vteeeeeeeeec, chrome and au.

Ie: Check out my civic bo, slammed on 20" chromes, vtecs haaaaaaaard and gunna get it bagged when i got some cash.. au

crx's are nuts, as are ek type r civics, and itr's too. Th honduh image, imo is ruined by the words slammed, bagged, vteeeeeeeeec, chrome and au.

Ie: Check out my civic bo, slammed on 20" chromes, vtecs haaaaaaaard and gunna get it bagged when i got some cash.. au

Man that shizzles of the hizzle, got ne pics au?

Agreed thing like this don't help

post-2334-1207128592_thumb.jpg

post-2334-1207128601_thumb.jpg

E30 tail lights remind me of lego blocks now I think of it.

The only Honda I'd ever mod seriously is a City E Turbo II.

I might buy a couple and wear them as shoes when I win the jackpot this weekend.

I'm looking for a car for uni, I'm watching this.

We bought one at school for sh!ts and giggles, and got exactly that, cant beat an electric rev counter.

I'm looking for a car for uni, I'm watching this.

We bought one at school for sh!ts and giggles, and got exactly that, cant beat an electric rev counter.

If they'd run the undy500 this year we were going to get a Honda

yes a city turbo 11 would be gold..got to love the wide body kit.

honda's just seem to be the pinacle of rice rockets,and most of the people who own them tend to undertake the most ridiculous mod's.

I don't like to admit it but one did beat me at dyno day, 169hp vs honda 172hp..in a car that weighs 2/3 of mine,that would be rather quick,must have been a type R...well thats what i claim anyway haha

Edited by yeeeargh

interesting.

many hondas will beat bmw's in a race and vice versa but it's the overall package that make us choose a bmw over a honda, whether our bmw is faster or slower it doesn't matter, what matters is that it's not a honda. ... for all the reasons above, and more.

back on topic - the honda owner stereotype was shining through those who were banned i guess.

maybe it's time to amend the forum rules and have a section in there about "honda owner stereotype people" - will not be tolerated and will be banned immediately - the only forum they can visit will be the 'education forum' a forum dedicated to try and educate such people, and only after they have passed a test or bought a honda can they return to the main forum"

and you are right - No this won't actually happen - I cant be bothered

interesting.

many hondas will beat bmw's in a race and vice versa but it's the overall package that make us choose a bmw over a honda, whether our bmw is faster or slower it doesn't matter, what matters is that it's not a honda. ... for all the reasons above, and more.

back on topic - the honda owner stereotype was shining through those who were banned i guess.

maybe it's time to amend the forum rules and have a section in there about "honda owner stereotype people" - will not be tolerated and will be banned immediately - the only forum they can visit will be the 'education forum' a forum dedicated to try and educate such people, and only after they have passed a test or bought a honda can they return to the main forum"

and you are right - No this won't actually happen - I cant be bothered

Ooops Ollie... too much Honda talk

Shouldnt you mean " buy a BMW" ??????

Ooops Ollie... too much Honda talk

Shouldnt you mean " buy a BMW" ??????

No i mean buy a honda. If they buy a bmw and act all honda they need to just buy a honda, then all is good.

No i mean buy a honda. If they buy a bmw and act all honda they need to just buy a honda, then all is good.

Got it :P .....in other words, no need to come in here

This is a funny old forum!

Honda fan boys are annoying though and im glad im not the only person that has noticed how pathetic and annoying they can be. I have a Honda driving friend that always has an interesting “my Civic bet this in a race†story. Maybe Honda VTAC drivers just think every road is in actual fact a racetrack/drag strip and every car is actually racing them and buy passing them they have somehow won the world’s fastest car competition.

I like to confuse them with the concept of low down torque and everyday drivability.

Also, Im dyslexic so please don’t ban me due to bad grammar and spelling.

I like to confuse them with the concept of low down torque and everyday drivability.

So you would have been very confused by my Civic then? Prelude H22A 2.2 litre engine in a '94 Civic - 140kW at the wheels, lighter than an E30, torquier than a 325i and shorter gearing.

I reckon Hondas are great - you can get a second hand, 100hp/litre engine for about $1,000, and which can stand being thrashed.

Edited by CamB

Not sure what's with the Honda-hating. They are good cars, and just as with the car crowd of any make they have their idiots. Different strokes for different folks.

So you would have been very confused by my Civic then? Prelude H22A 2.2 litre engine in a '94 Civic - 140kW at the wheels, lighter than an E30, torquier than a 325i and shorter gearing.

I reckon Hondas are great - you can get a second hand, 100hp/litre engine for about $1,000, and which can stand being thrashed.

That thing would be bloody quick FWD, did you drive it every day? Post up you Dyno sheet and show us the amazing power and torque curve! It’s not about maximum torque it’s about where the engine produces it.

I wasn’t trying to have a go at Honda’s, I think they are technically a very good car, I was poking sh*t at the stereo type Honda driver that is giving Honda’s the “gay†image.

yeah, was looking at a 330fkw turbo civic. Crazy!! Sold for only 13k on trademe

Hondas are a good car, there are just sterotyped by there drivers in some cases.

Its the same with any brand of car, Bmws,Subarus whatever.

My first car was a Honda Civic, Good Reliable Car.

Hondas are a good car, there are just sterotyped by there drivers in some cases.

Its the same with any brand of car, Bmws,Subarus whatever.

i hear you there! 318i's dont have a very good name in the general public world because of this

Honda's rule, and if you think otherwise you aren't a real car enthusiast.