Sign in to follow this  
Apex

E30 vs. E36

Which three series?   

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everybody google "e30 forums" or something along those lines.

Then google "e36 forums"

Compare how many of each you see. Theres the diffo. Even though there are a lot more e36s on the road, there are twice as many e30 enthusiasts.

Mate is because there so bloody old! Everyone's got problems that they need to sort out therefore they use the internet. Sorry but you asked for it.....ha ha

Then google "e36 forums"

Compare how many of each you see. Theres the diffo. Even though there are a lot more e36s on the road, there are twice as many e30 enthusiasts.

Just saying...maybe cos e30's are older?? There are more enthusiasts...Population increases with time. I sound like my Geography teacher.

Mate is because there so bloody old! Everyone's got problems that they need to sort out therefore they use the internet. Sorry but you asked for it.....ha ha

Dammit! You bet me to making that point.

The most notable characteristic of the E30 M3 (relative to later M3 iterations) is its racing pedigree. It was campaigned by BMW as well as other racing teams including Prodrive and AC Schnitzer competing in many forms of racing including but not limited to Rally, DTM, Australian touring car and other series.

One of the main reasons for production of the road car was to homologate the M3 for Group A Touring Car racing. One of the reasons often cited for its creation was that it was to compete with the "2.3-16V"-model of the Mercedes-Benz W201 190E which was introduced in 1983,

as i was saying the M3 e30 was designed to be a race car, Not a family car.

If you wanted a race spec e36 you would have to get the special requested csl model

Otherwise its really just based on the e36 325i four door coupe imo.

Yes, the E30 M3 has more racing pedigree than the E36 M3. But to say the E30 in general was based on a race car is rubbish!

A collegue in Brisbane has an E30 320i Manual Vert.

Its sooo much fun to drive, I borrowed it for the weekend and went down the Gold Coast when I was over last. 26 Degrees, Top Down, Manual, it just doesnt get any better than that.

I have E36's beacause they are practical for the amount of driving I do every week.

My E36's are decent car's, handle well, look ok, well appointed option wise etc but I wouldn't say there anything special.

I would love to sell an E36 and by an E30 as a weekend car/do up.

For me -

Fun Factor = E30

Practicality = E36

Dammit! You bet me to making that point.

Ha ha, at least we're on the same wavelength! Coincidence that we're both E36 drivers.....I think not :)

the e30 is a family car and is a completely different car to the e30 m3 . Im talking about the e30 M3 specifically as a race based car.

Then google "e36 forums"

There are lots of forums out there. Like this one, and this one (actually, there are plenty of the second type... aaarrrggghhh!). Forums do not indicate how good a car is!

There are lots of forums out there. Like this one, and this one (actually, there are plenty of the second type... aaarrrggghhh!). Forums do not indicate how good a car is!

First ever point you have made that I have ever agreed with.

Cha-ching.

First ever point you have made that I have ever agreed with.

Cha-ching.

Damn. I'm losing my a**hole status. Will have to try harder next time!

I don't know about anyone else with an e36, but I swear, my car has the worst steering in the world. My Dad told me it's the hardest car to drive...Haha he's 100 and something so yeah he's owned plenty of different cars.

Always correcting the steering...mainly cos of my wheels I guess...damn potholes.

Perhaps that might be factors from mad camber, little sidewall, wrong offset, suspension working too close to it's limits, etc?

The E36's I've driven are pretty easy to drive? Which is one more good point of E36's is the stability. But again, it's not exactly special..

The E36 is a good combination of every day practicality and a superb driving experience when you open the taps.

And when you think about it. For about $8000-9000 you pick up a superb 323i/325i/328i that costs the same amount as a 2001 Corolla... and the BMW has more safety equipment, more luxury items, is RWD, faster, better handling, better looking, more solid and gives you a better rep ;)

Yes, the maintenance bills are higher but goddamn is it worth it! :)

Shape, E30 all the way.

I am interested in how people see the 5 series, was E39 the best ever ?

E30 100% Bias opinion but next to the Cossy and a Fiat 125s, Its the only type of car i've ever owned. (Over 5 years)

I love the handling (On a 20 y.o+ car the suspension NEEDS to be renewed and when you do this they feel amazing) I love the character and just the overall feel of the E30, so raw, yet refined.

Edited by ED1RTY

love the e36 but ill still have an e38 or the new 7 series over them all lol

Haha. You're just saying you like e36's cos of mine aye Nino.

:lol:

...Oh and P's.

Shape, E30 all the way.

E34 for me

First BMW i loved and brought was the E34(3.5L) and still do love em as much as the E30's, 6's, 7's etc. I need another E34\E32\E38 for a cruiser as E30 ain't the best for that.

Id rather have an E38 than a E39 looks a bit better imo.

Haha. You're just saying you like e36's cos of mine aye Nino.

:lol:

...Oh and P's.

haha yeah p's was mean back in the golden days, yours has got a funky interior and just needs to be abit lower lol :P

Have had both. E36 was a minter,E30 was a shitter.

Would still rather the E30 any day

Having owned and lived with both the E60 is much much better.

Have had both. E36 was a minter,E30 was a shitter.

Would still rather the E30 any day

Is that based on how well they took a hiding from you?

Massive respect for this pimpstar. Aha.

I'd have my slow boring automatic 316i over any E36 :)

race you in my honda city

ill win hahahah

Nah the E30 was raw as.I liked it.