Sign in to follow this  
jjs

What was the WORST BMW ever?

What was the WORST BMW ever?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, we all know everyone on here loves BMW's but there have been a few "interesting" releases from BMW over time.

What model do you guys think tarnishes the BMW brand? What is not worthy? What should have not made production?

The cars in the poll are the first few that came to my head...

My choice - E36 Compact - responsible for bringing BMW into "Golf" territory and BMW's first effort to do the unthinkable and build something to a price.

damn e36 compact !!! i mean wtf... retarted cut up coupe LOL

lol, yeah, when I saw the thread the E36 compact immediately came to mind! Funny thing is that from the front, some of them look pretty good, and then you see the boot... ugh :o

What about anything considered underpowered? E30 316? E28 518e (unsure re: engine size, but economy model...)

And they are both correctly colored vomit green/yellow.

I'm not tooooo fond of the compact myself. But the e46 compact is a big step up from the e36 one!

This shape compact.

But hey, What one person dislikes another likes.

HAHAHAH everytime i stop beside one in THE stoplight i LOOK at THE driver and go omg... u actually wanna be seen in one??

the engineers must have taken THE blueprints from THE reject pile by accident =/

Edited by OLLIE
SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE

Excuse me but I like my Compact

Infact I turned down a couple of 4 doors before getting my compact :lol:

I dont really dislike any of those cars- given the right spec. In fact i love the z4 and 7..... have you not driven them??!! they are sweet.

I say the X6. it may be competent but it seems to be a stupid car for stupid people who arent interested in cars- to buy

i'd also have to say the x6, its the height of the never-gonna-go-offroader, and its main selling point (the dynamic ability for its size) is based on a big compromise of chopping the back off the car and killing rear headroom, and because they use it as the release model for their new trick-electronic differential. Without the diff, which could be in any of their models, the x6 would be really high and dry.

The X6 has some cool technology behind it, pity they are 12 years late, the EVO 4 and VR-4 have had that same technology (only on the rear axle though) since 1996.

The current shape 5 series is the only BMW that I would not own under any circumstance. Ugly piece of crap that looks like dame edna from the front!

admitted the 5 series in buck standard form is a bi tof a pigmole .. however with motorsport spec 2 guise its one of BMWs nicest looking vehicles around. Especailly sitting on the the right wheels / suspension setup.

My choice - E36 Compact - responsible for bringing BMW into "Golf" territory and BMW's first effort to do the unthinkable and build something to a price.

Agree 100%

I often refer to compacts as "poor man's BMWs" they were developed purely to move into new market segments, namely the lower price bracket. To reach this objective the cars were made to a cost and this just cheapened the whole brand image through cost-down engineering IMHO.

Plus they look fugly and to me look like a Coupe that has been rear-ended.

Each to their own, some people like them, but to me it is the antithesis of what BMW is all about.

The current 5er is a stunning car in the right spec. The interior isnt as good as it couldve been IMO, but I love the exterior. The new One looks great and Ive always liked the Sevens especially the e38 when on sports suspension and 18' wheels.

I think the X6 is a complete waste of time no matter what gadgets its got in it and I like the e39 in full motorsport kit, but are there too many of them around now ?

But overall you could never get me in an e36.

Plus they look fugly and to me look like a Coupe that has been rear-ended.

BMW has a purpose built concrete wall that they reverse the coupes into to make compacts.

I don't mind the E36 compacts, it is the E46 Compacts that get my vote.

Also, I have a pretty strong dislike for a non M Z3.

Cheers

Grant

I learnt to drive in a E36 compact, much respect. But yeah they are pretty stupid, but there is much worse. I vote prefacelift 2.0L X3's the worst

post-29-1220827883_thumb.jpg

If it were one model that to me just looks plain wrong it is the series II (E46?) Compact pictured above.

IMO anything that isn’t that great to drive so any BMW that is fitted with an underpowered engine and insufficient brakes and suspension..

I believe the mid 90’s built on a shoe string Jap import BMW’s are predominately responsible for BMW’s bad reliability image in NZ so they are in my opinion are the worst of the worst.

I didn’t vote for any of the cars listed above as all are great in there own ways and as said if specked properly are stunning.

BMW has a purpose built concrete wall that they reverse the coupes into to make compacts.

That's why they call them compacts.

X3 gets my vote

I don't mind the E36 compacts, it is the E46 Compacts that get my vote.

Also, I have a pretty strong dislike for a non M Z3.

Cheers

Grant

I agree.

non M Z3 - mazda mx5 (miata) - hairdressers car etc....

E46 compact - horrible - especially the ones with those bug eye lights.

I agree.

non M Z3 - mazda mx5 (miata) - hairdressers car etc....

:P Don’t insult the MX5, they are much much better than the sub 3.0 Z3’s!! Not to say id own one, but they are awesome fun.

I’d have an M-Roadster or Coupe, they are the most bonkers cars BMW have ever produced.

:P Don’t insult the MX5, they are much much better than the sub 3.0 Z3’s!! Not to say id own one, but they are awesome fun.

I’d have an M-Roadster or Coupe, they are the most bonkers cars BMW have ever produced.

yeah I like the mx5 as a car, looks wise if it doesn't have a kit and wheels etc it is not so cool. The main point here is that the Z3 looks like a mazda, not cool.

the Z4 on the otherhand I like alot

i must admit i hated the 5 series when it came out,but the M sport versions do look good to me now.Interiors very disapointing for a well over 100 thou car

e 65 sevens are ugly tho..and the compacts do look a bit suspect proportion wise.

And although i hate the suv crowd i do like the x6....BMW have never pretended they are off roaders,they call them sports activity vehicles..and if you need the interior space.....I think i would choose an x6 over an x5(and i am astonished to hear myself say that!)

i must admit i hated the 5 series when it came out,but the M sport versions do look good to me now.Interiors very disapointing for a well over 100 thou car

In what way?? And compared to what?? :huh:

Its just I think the interior on the E60 is its best feature! It very functional and well thought out, they have taken the clutter of millions of buttons on the E39 and packaged it all into a easy to use computer system leaving a basic understated interior. The seats are amazing as is the wood work, I especially love the door handles that for some reason were dropped on the E60 facelift.

Maybe im weird but I love the seven series interior even more, it’s like being in a very expensive Swedish apartment.