Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

e30 m20 turbo stroker project

Guest FrantiC

Making progress, My mate helped me decifer the wasted spark circuit and how I can wire up my coil packs so yeah I will be removing the dizzy and going wasted spark now.

Turns out the coil driver box is easier than i thought. Each circuit already has a 330ohm resister. I need to wire the 3 inputs from R26, R27 and R29 on the MS board to 3 inputs on the coil driver box. then output to my twin post GM coils. And the power can come from the original coil source.

I hope i got it right. This diagram found here helped me a shitload, makes it looks simple as.

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25663

Guest FrantiC

OMG!

Pulled the ECU out today. Apparently ignition circuit is already wired in behind it...... Found that the coil negative is NOT wired to pin 36 as it should be. Well that sucks, I will wire it directly to pin36 and see if I get any spark action now. Hopefully I don't blow anything up Lol!

fuuuuuuuuuu ehhh

Hmmm, posted only 8 mins ago - do we have action yet, LOL.

Guest FrantiC

Hmmm, posted only 8 mins ago - do we have action yet, LOL.

Give me about an hour from now haha, Off to have a feed been doing my mates headunit and sounds in his car all day and then sat on MSN for atleast an hour with my mate who managed to simplify (yes I already know it's pretty simple) the diagram for me. Then I went to get my ECU out and just found that out 15 mins ago there is a circuit on the back wired to the ignition points.

Then discovered pin36 is not wired properly.

:wacko:

FAIL..

:(, i really want to see this running Edited by Jamez

Don't give up now mate, remember if it was easy, everyone would do it :)

Keep it up bro.

Unlucky man.

Looking forward to seeing it running when you do!

Just think about all the skids man, Do it for the skids.

Guest FrantiC

Wasted spark it is..

Have figured out the wiring for it so going to try that tomorrow. Might need a wiring diagram from the coils loom though.

But yepp fed up with the single coil rubbish crap so going to have to flash the ecu and get megatune working fine and set it up to work with wasted spark so then I can remove all the dizzy etc.

Driving me Insane!

But yep I do have the determination to get this sh*t going :lol:

If I could find the thumbs up smilie I'd give you one of those.

Guest FrantiC

If I could find the thumbs up smilie I'd give you one of those.

Haha, Thanks.

This seems to be my biggest obstacle so far.

Hoping it works though..

Tuesday it's gonna be at the exhaust shop have the full exhuast made up , wastegate mounted etc. then that's me done. Just need a new slave cylinder, a couple hoses and get this thing going!!!!!

Guest FrantiC

Nothings looking good for me.

Weather has been horrible.... And I am sick Lol. So nothing new. Except no exhaust now until early next week. Wiring up wasted spark tomorrow morning, won't know if it will run though - Need to borrow a laptop sick of moving the desktop around, have one sussed though so all is good.

Oh well have oil feed sussed and new slave cylinder. Be in on thursday..

That will leave exhaust + get it running.... then cert.

really close to the finish line here lol..no camera anymore though so probably no more pics until it's runing and there is videos haha. which will be a few weeks away.....

WATCH THIS SPACE!

nice dude good to see ya aint given up yet. stupid wiring problems i strongly dislike wiring full stop so it good to see ya got a handle on it. cant wait to see the vid of it running an driving. will be watching this space

Dont worry John, it took me two weeks looking at the same wiring diagram for a light bulb to finally flash on in the back of my mind when I was making the conversion loom for my M50. And no that wasnt two weeks straight lol... From my understanding you have more electrical ability than me so you will get there no doubt ;)

Edited by Boost Junky

Guest FrantiC

More than just electrical though.. More updates later this week.. Have made abit of progress, will be in at Muffler and Exhaust in Hastings on tuesday for the exhaust to be made...

Guest FrantiC

May aswel update the thread:

NO PICTURES AS MY CAMERA IS STILL DEAD... BATTERIES DIED AND IT'S NEVER TURNED BACK ON EVER AGAIN EVEN WITH OTHER BATTERIES ETC.... WTF!!!

Have tidied up most wiring, cable tied and crammed it tidyISH next to the battery. Now have the GM coils all wired up to the coil ignitors box and wired to the ECU to run wastedspark now. It sits ontop of the valve cover, had to buy new boch ignition leads too.. But all good, looks allright sitting ontop of the valve cover by the wiring loom.

Tomorrow afternoon it's going down to Muffler and Exhaust til probably atleast Tuesday.. Get the exhaust made up, Full 2.5" downpipe back, with 1 14" straight through muffler in the middle to my old dual outlet muffler I had originally. Should be enough, And getting the wastegate flange welded to the manifold and a plumb back into the exhaust for that too, for warrants and cert.

Will sort out for later on a flange on the wastegate dump pipe into the exhaust so i can block it off with a blank flange and put a screamer pipe on there hehehe.

But yeah hopefully will have the car back on thursday. It will be DONE. Just need to get it running, tune it then send it in for a CERT.

wooooop woooooooooooop.

Will pop into Petes and have a gander on wednesday.

Guest FrantiC

Will pop into Petes and have a gander on wednesday.

All good, Let me know what you think haha. It's definitley an improvement to the former state you would have seen me driving it around in hahah..

All good, Let me know what you think haha. It's definitley an improvement to the former state you would have seen me driving it around in hahah..

Ha just from the pictures it looks a lot better, be interesting to see what the new paint job looks like in the flesh.

Guest FrantiC

Ha just from the pictures it looks a lot better, be interesting to see what the new paint job looks like in the flesh.

Well, To some it up... Rough <_<

Guest Simon*

Am keen to see the beast too

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly John and you get it up and running soon

Mint - getting there :) I hope you get your camera up and running soon.

Guest FrantiC

Yep, If there is still no picture camera I will just make a video with my other video camera. skim around of the car with the exhaust done and what everything looks like.

Will update when it's back from the exhaust shop, Towing it there later today :D

Guest FrantiC

It's at the exhaust shop now.

Greg , was that you that came and had a look and help push it in ?

Or else it was some other random who came over to have a look and helped push it into the workshop up onto the lift.

FFS, Guy reckons downpipe + full 2.5" back will be $400. Take him til Friday-ish possibly.

Can't even do my wastegate! Ohwell.