Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

New bill may force Top Gear to add a female to their team

Posted Image

BBC shows like Top Gear may be forced to diversify their all-male presenter team due to a new Equality Bill that was introduced into Britain Monday. The bill was introduced by Labour’s deputy leader Harriet Harman.

Shows like Top Gear, along with a number of other shows that have been funded by the BBC, now fall under the bill. It is reported that the “too blokey” show has been under pressure to add a lady to their team to make it “female friendly.”

It is reported that besides being hosted by males, Top Gear has fewer females on its production team and fewer females than male guests.

While we can’t wait to hear for Clarkson has to say about this, Executive Producer Andy Wilman said that the statement was “utter drivel.”

“If the show is allegedly female-unfriendly, why is almost half the audience female?” said Wilman. ”Secondly, if we are to have a female presenter just to represent the sexes, then by that logic Loose Women needs a bloke in the line-up pretty sharpish.”

FFS that is the stupidest piece of legislation.

...in the world.

If they should get any girl, Viki Butler Whatsherface that used to be on the 'old' top gear, atleast she knows how to drive

Surely they could use the excuse that the stig is (on his home planet) considered to be a girl?

If i were top gear producer i would make turn the stig into a chick

will be interesting how they deal with it, maybe they will class James May as a woman????

will be interesting how they deal with it, maybe they will class James May as a woman????

I thought they already did? :P:lol:

With all the problems the UK is facing at the moment, this is what the Labour Party spend their time passing as a bill - reminds me why I left the place :o

Still, if it means that Vicki Butler Henderson comes back to Top Gear then it's the best thing that has happened in a long time :D !

She might be able to drive, but I don't rate her presenting. And since she isn't even that hot, I don't know what all the fuss is about. There are plenty of good female drivers out there, many with much better tv personalities than Vicki. And better looking to boot. Almost all of the other suggestions for a start.

VBH, She was hot 10 years ago.

Sabine is on Top Gear Germany.

They should just get some smoking hot bimbo to stand there and look pretty. Just to make a mockery of the legislation.

Sabine - Yep she can drive but sh*t she's ugly.

Ashley Force-hood - yep she's hot but doudt she knows what a corner looks like let alone drive round one.

Vicki - If she gets back on Top Gear Jeremy will walk out as they absolutely hate each other.

Jodie Kidd - Hot and she can drive but my god she is DIM.

They should just get some smoking hot bimbo to stand there and look pretty. Just to make a mockery of the legislation.

Yep, in a bikini. She could make snacks and opem beers.

Haha what a load of crap. This must be a joke?

Such a load of BS. Top gear is a quint essentially male show. Will it be compulsory for men to be presenters on "woman" shows like oprah or That one with Trinnie and Susanna?

What pisses me off is the double standards.

Did anyone see that story on Campbell live a few weeks back, where they were talking about male receptionists?

Basically, some coffee distribution place hired a bloke as a receptionist, amongst a business primarily full of woman. They were all commenting on how he was great and he was nice look at and how he was good because he could lift heavy sh*t. Basically he was the office Bitch.

If it was the opposite situation, with a bunch of blokes hiring a woman because she was "something to look at" and she was good at cleaning and cooking for the office, there would be outrage.

Despite the politics though, it will be pretty sweet if they get a mint as chick.

This is about physical abuse. But relates to the Man vs Women crap we have to deal with every day.

"We live in an era, thanks to the 70s, where women want to be treated equal to men. That means they should stop exploiting the blatant sexist favouritism in the legal system. "Male assaults female charges" should be dropped to plain old assault charges. That this exists is absolutely disgusting.

Who cares if the victim is female? Maybe she used 'fighting words' or actually attacked him first. It's time people caught up to the world the feminists insisted on. If women attack men and men respond back, the treatment by the courts, the media, and the population should be the same as if men attack men and respond back. In fact the same treatment should occur irrelevant of who attacked who first. No favouritism towards women in a physical confrontation.

Similarly if an event like the Titanic occurred again, maybe it should be children first, but definitely not women. They can be treated just like men and take their chances. Chivalry and the like belong in a bygone era. Women don't want that anymore. They want to be treated as equals. Which means they have to take the crap along with the good. If conscription ever happens again, women better be on the front lines in equal numbers as men. The same should also occur if a female attacks a male, and he responds with reasonable force. He should not get harangued by the stupid who believe women should not be treated as equals. Too bad if she's weaker or otherwise pathetic with a physical confrontation, she shouldn't have attacked him in the first place."

Lets just be glad that helen clark isnt in power, thats is the kind of legislation she would get on the band wagon for.

You dont see guys wanting to be hosts on programs like the Veiw, for good reason.

Mythbusters are one of few show that pull off chick on a guys show. But that is because she knows what she is talking about and is attractive :D. Unlike what i have seen of their rival show smash lab, the chick on that show is only there for her looks. her lines seem very scripted.

As for topgear, all those guys are very experinced and have a truckload of degrees and qualifications between them. I think it would be hard to find an attractive woman who would be in the same league with them, not to mention have the same infactuation with cars.

I say no girls should be added to their team!! their team is awesome how it is at the moment!! love these guys a girl would ruin theyre image in my opinion wouldnt be the same.

Lets just be glad that helen clark isnt in power, thats is the kind of legislation she would get on the band wagon for.

:rolleyes: just wait, she'll be gunning for the UN's top job soon enough.

then we'll all be in trouble.(shiver)

ed,is this how we spell trouble? either way-in the shitter

Edited by BM Weapon aka topcat

:rolleyes: just wait, she'll be gunning for the UN's top job soon enough.

then we'll all be in trouble.(shiver)

The UN is a bickering, toothless toy of the big five, so we have nothing to worry about :)