Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

E30S50

James my friend ;) Your exhaust is gonna sound like a bat outa hell! Mines pretty much the same but yours is gonna be much louder lol being NA... Loving the touch of M3 guards etc gonna look so badass bro!

Looking damn good James, how much did those guards set you back? Is this becoming a habbit not bolting things on hmmm? :P I do recall some mtech 2 bits sort of "flapping" around hahaha.

The guards and side skirts set me back $1500, they will be bolted/glued on, but I have to correct the front suspension to tuck the wheels under the guards, so im going in today to put offset tops on and see if that makes any difference. Might go for 6 degrees of camber and see what effect that has :)

what do you guys think about the rear, should I get the M3 boot and rear window bit or should i just leave it as it is?

I vote M3 boot and window.

Looks kinda funny without.

Guest FrantiC

Yeah, needs the m3 rear to look complete, or else looks like a half-arsed e30 m3 conversion :ph34r:

Yeah, needs the m3 rear to look complete, or else looks like a half-arsed e30 m3 conversion :ph34r:

The parts costed out for m3 boot and "rear window frame" to be over $4000+ a few years a go when I looked into it. The prices have all since gone up 30% :/ since this ression sh*t.

New pricing..

* Rear window frame 1600 odd.

* Boot lid 2500+

* + misc stuff / latches and hinges.

It becomes pretty un-economical to do it for just a race car pretty quickly.

don't worry, ive got a guy thats got fiberglass copies for cheap that just glue/bolt onto the E30, I Will sort out if I'm going to get them by Tuesday.

nah its only a 3.2L S50 but the 333i that was released in South Africa only had a 3.2 M30

This means that it can get a C.O.D and it will probably be a CatB because of the addition of the twin cam head

If it gets this, it means that it can run at/in more meets/class's.

Edited by Jamez

I would suggest James, that if you can get any COD for that car, it will be because of who you know, not the car.

Certificate of Description - its a motorsport NZ designation for classic car racing. It's a bunch of restrictions on changes/modifications to still allow the car to be considered a classic.

I, for one, hope James does get a CoD. Means I am more likely to. The rules around turbos have a quirk that makes it hard to comply.

The decision has been made not to make this project a complete M3 swap as even tho the parts would of been cheap, making them fit and look right would of taken up alot of money and for a project like this looks dont really matter.

It is going to run Tech2 Bumpers and m3 guards, bit of an odd combination, giving it a.......unique look :)

i'm sure it will look the part.

The decision has been made not to make this project a complete M3 swap as even tho the parts would of been cheap, making them fit and look right would of taken up alot of money and for a project like this looks dont really matter.

It is going to run Tech2 Bumpers and m3 guards, bit of an odd combination, giving it a.......unique look :)

Nothing wrong with that at all :)

Posted Image

Bought new wheels today, BBS RX 17x8 10p, these will suit the 230/640/17 wets nicely

The tires that came with the rims are up for grabs if anyones keen, $200, Tires are 235/45r17's Duran Sport-Ones, near new lots of tread.

Posted Image

Edited by Jamez

I THOUGHT THEY LOOKED FAMILIAR! haha. Awesome project!

Update: Bought another set of wheels thanks to Mike-E34

Went into fit them, they look pretty decent but not all is well on the car, the EWS is being retarded, so tomorrow im going to give Gavin @ hi velocity and see if he can chip it to skip the EWS

Brakes are fitted and working and offset tops have seemed to fix the wheels being to far out, also a seat has been put in,

Sadly the clutch was not bleeding so they are leaving it to magically fix itself overnight :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front

Posted Image

Rear

Posted Image

Update, no pics till Thursday

Over the weekend I bought some shortened rear shocks and a rear wing off Ray (the wing is similar to Tech2 but has a bit more scoop) also the front guards got flared/rolled to make way for the tires. Got new springs, 575lb fronts and 500lb rear, but put some 170lbs in the rear for shits and giggles but it didn't really make much difference so im leaving them in for now :) and Today they were meant to be cutting the rear guards off to make way for fitting of the m3 flares

Also tried to hunt someone down in NZ that can eliminate EWS but failed, so the EWS equipment is coming up from chch with a small chance its the right one. If its not, Ross and BMWorkshop reckons they can re align the EWS and ECU unit's for $60, so no big loss there. All in all it should be ready in a few days, with the wiring as the only thing left to do, since their electrician is away getting married

Then Gavins going to run it up on the dyno and see if he can get anymore HP out of it.

Then around that time the M3 front spoiler/bumper/splitter should be turning up :)

Then it will be off to the painters to become a black car, anyone got suggestions for shades of black?

car should look like this from the front once painted

Posted Image

edit- with brake ducts instead of fog lights

Edited by Jamez