Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Operation: Weapons Grade

Bought some more stuff today :)

Having searched high and low for a atleast dual 2 1/4 input that wasn't made from playdoh .. I opted for something else

Remus e60 550i single 3.5 inch input and dual 2.25 output.

This thing is huge :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I will have a second 2 into 1 collector at the end of the 2.25 stainless dual pipes.

Also a first pic of the MSS50 Siemens DME.

Posted Image

New Walbro 500hp external fuel pump and mounting kit. I had the option to go to a bosch 044 but it really would have been over kill @ 700hp.

Posted Image

Also a shot of a MSS50 map dump Im mucking around with

Posted Image

Hopefully have another cool update for wedensday all going to plan .. but you will have to wait and see :)

cheers :)

Exhaust update:

Guess what bitches ... it fits!!!!111one

So some pretty major work has been done to get the z3 2.8 turn rack (from the 4.0 standard rack) everything ended up being 'tweaked'.

You can also see the new runner pipes from the collectors. After some advice from Gavin the runner size was kept to 2 inch to retain the b32 torque. Going 2.25 inch will get you more peak, however the pipes have been calculated to handle 400 HP nicely as it is. Which is bang on the money we reckon for the range this engine will be operating in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 550i e60 exhaust rewelded to clear the M-Coupe diff :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like a glove :)

Thats all for now. The complete system should be done Friday afternoon as with the Oil cooler.

so intense on the headers , bloody good job thought man

The bend around the steering linkage isn't the prettiest, otherwise looking fab! That remus is freak'n' massive! How low is this going to be again?

Looks bloody good mate, nice job on the headers, I know how tight it can be in there!!

The bend around the steering linkage isn't the prettiest, otherwise looking fab! That remus is freak'n' massive! How low is this going to be again?

Yeah gets like that when you have to weld lots of parts together .. no real way around it. Also youll notice you cant get the TIG into the collector so there has too be some pipe off the collector to work around.

The fabricator is pretty anal about hugging the belly pan so it does hang down at all .. its in line with the finned Diff cover so lots of room. The fabricator is making sure it wont bottom out at all. Pretty much one of my primary goals.. no NZ ghetto wang allowed on this car :D

Looks bloody good mate, nice job on the headers, I know how tight it can be in there!!

yeah sweet bro, more so on the z3 2.8 turn rack.. nearly had to go back to the e30 rack :( but the exhaust guy found by kinking the number 6 ... the collectors didnt have to be remade. This solution keeps the eqaul length, retains the top part of the header with its expansion chamber design (which is the main contributing factor in the b32's torque), clears the rack, sway bar and cross member and get rid of the silly 'S' bend around the o2 / runner section. As you are aware riley, and the twink markings stating '1CM' thats all about we had to play with in any one direction. It also allows for the rack to slide in any direction on the shaft (sounds so dirty :P ) Still have to fab up the steering spacer.. last one didnt work as we changed the linkage as the rack moved since.

F**k me that's a tight fit, bet your welder haaates you!

Agree with G, that remus is huge.

F**k me that's a tight fit, bet your welder haaates you!

haha yeah, few interesting conversations over the past week for sure. At one point we were considering scraping the headers all together and having a totally new set made up.

MK II 1.3 golf brake booster update:

Back from Percision Autowerks, treated and double coated with a factory satin hard shell finish with the added feature of having chemical resistance to common engine bay fluids :)

Before and after

Posted Image

More close ups ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

All rust was removed from every nook and cranny

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hottest brake booster I have ever seen that's for sure. The devil is in the detail ;) its the 1% er's that separate a mediocre car from the mint ones. Keep it up!

Hey Josh read this and hurry up you have untill 1st May.

Looks like I'm screwed.

E: It's possible this may not apply to pre 1990 euros so best check with your certifier!!

Edited by westy

It says if the engine swapped into that car was built in Germany after 1990 it will need a catalytic converter. Christ that would mean I'd need one, i think? :blink: I'd better hurry.. Lol.

Edited by e30ftw

PS booster came up mint.

Any idea what product they used?

Guest Ari Gold

Fixed ya link Tony: http://www.lvvta.org.nz/stdExhaustGasEmissions.pdf

Something like this wouldn't be too hard to integrate into an exhaust, flows plenty too: http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info....products_id=599

2.5(2) states that if the vehicle didn't come with one (IE: early E30's) you don't need one. Later E30's did come with them, so face lifts may have to run them? There are quite a few swapped E30's in California that pass emissions, it's probably just a matter of getting the tune perfected so that the particulate levels are within spec. Check R3v for more info, obviously.

The air fuel ratios they're looking to see on the defined tests are more than acceptable, but I'm wondering about 2.6 - does it mean that OBD-II engines with the exhaust sensors must be in place, IE: you can't convert to OBD-I?

Weird link.

Anyway, were prefacelifts fitted with cats??

Were facelifts fitted with cats??

Would they differentiate between the two??

And disregard the comment on pre 1990 cars. It's post 1990 engines it applys to.

Aaand OBD1 has a single o2 sensor OBD2 has 2??? Clause 2.4.

Was this most awesome ride at Rays last monday? i saw it and just drooled, didnt realise it was Josh's.

Looking F********** awesome, your brakes looked bigger than my 14' bottlecaps IMO

hehe glad you enjoyed it :) .. Im saving the panel work and new wheels for last .. will reveal in time what im doing with the second LMs. Its suttle but should make the car look amazing.

RE: exhuast law .. will check it out and see what I need. going to be super pissed if I have to put the emissions pump and gear back on ! :(... might have to get this project into overdrive to make that date tony :( ,, it will include all the panel work so I can fit the new wheels.

Negative .. :)

1 set for dot approved rubber and another set for road rubber.

2.5(2) states that if the vehicle didn't come with one (IE: early E30's) you don't need one. Later E30's did come with them, so face lifts may have to run them?

f/l e30's are based on the old m20 block/head so, you'd get away with that one if you're sticking with m20. Which means I'd be in the clear if I did my conversion after May. Didn't get picked up on my crankcase venting to atmosphere though! I should re-plumb it with a check valve at some stage.

NOTE 2: A new or re-manufactured engine that is based upon the same generic block and cylinder head design as a previously manufactured engine should be treated on the basis of the manufacture date of the original engine.

PS booster came up mint.

Any idea what product they used?

Erm .. Paul told me when he gave it to me.. will text him and find out. It wasn't obviously just paint. Something they use for their restorations ... can you tell its not the first time they have done one of these haha.

More updates to come .. was going to post how the full exhaust system came out .. however brendon and have pulled it off in prep for dropping the engine out to clean mission and re-align the clutch and start some wiring and doing some lines.

Also started pissing around with the fuel system / pump.. purchasing the radiator fan this weekend too.

^^ Oh that's what that guy came in and bought the can of matt black for :D