Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Operation: Weapons Grade

Saw the car today mate....all i can say is "awesome" oh and Ray is the man

Holy crap! This whole project is almost looking more factory than a regular m20 E30.

Cheers Riley, atleast you got to see it before your off. 3 years later on my part! haha

haha thanks :) .. that was the plan, to keep it looking clean and tastefully modded. Not finished yet it the looks department.

In the mean time, some photos of incoming parts.

Simota 89mm neck and 130mm air filter .. anything bigger I don’t think will fit. Thing I like about these filters is they withstand engine heat and have a life time guarantee. This one will sit inside a cold air box once its fabricated up. (and anodised black ;) )

Posted Image

and a close up of the new centers for the new wheels

They really do look 3d, the red isn’t a bright red its more a ruby colour which is awesome! :)

Posted Image

Impressive project Hybrid, all the best.If you ever need someone to do any proper soldering/splicing of looms/electronics please advise.

This has to be the most updated project on here at the moment :) . Love it. Everytime I log on I check the project forum first looking for updates haha.

Looks stunning mate. Projects get taken to the next level when they're done this professionally which is a rarity these days.

I can't wait to check out the end result. :D

Thats so awesome! i just bought some BBS wheels and would love to know where you got those red centers for them from and what they stung you? PM if you like

Awesome progress bro, pick me up wednesday? :D

Will see if I have room :) .. should do, but brendon might be also painting his desktop (long story) so it might take the boot and back seats up. Also we dont usually finish till 10-10:30 .. its a long night.

I feel slightly special/proud that I have the same air filter as this car....about the only thing I have in common with this level of badassery.

Keep up the awesome work.

Will see if I have room :) .. should do, but brendon might be also painting his desktop (long story) so it might take the boot and back seats up. Also we dont usually finish till 10-10:30 .. its a long night.

[/quote/]

Sweet will text.

I feel slightly special/proud that I have the same air filter as this car....about the only thing I have in common with this level of badassery.

Keep up the awesome work.

haha, to tell you the truth its all just been research. And wading through the differences between american and euro differences. Hell, even difference between pre-face lift and facelift and the the guys in the US always quoting face lift in most cases.

As for the simota filters, they are an awesome product.

Sweet will text.

Sounds good.

Car looks good. bet you cant wait to get it running with it being soo close to being finished. mine also saw starvation.

here is what i did, pretty brutal setup trying to fit it all under the car but it works.

Posted Image

I missed this, thanks :) will defanitly be doing it, main mission is to get it done in time for cert laws.

Think Ill possible route mine back into the boot ?

More 'parts' so to speak...

245/40zR18 rears

Posted Image

And the ever important fluids.

They don't seem to stock redline 10w60 in this country *rolls eyes*

So Castrol 10w60 edge sport it is.

Gear box is a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices .. for gearbox chatter (from the lightened flywheel) nahhhh its just Redline 75W140 ns and MT-90 added to taste.

Some coolant

Some Castrol Dot4

and the saraficial lamb in yellow (4 liters of $40 engine flush oil before the good stuff goes in)

Posted Image

Wow thats awesome... makes me think i may be able to get 245's on the touring

been trying to track down the MTL stuff here to no avail. Wanted to bring some in from the states but no liquids are allowed.

Share where you got yours from? :)

I missed this, thanks :) will defanitly be doing it, main mission is to get it done in time for cert laws.

I know this is a little off-topic. But what is changing with the new cert laws? It's just my car needs a cert sometime too. Cheers.

Seems all 92+ engines need cats :(

This is one issue that effects me. And I dont like the idea of putting $1200 worth of cats on to an already $2700 exhaust system.

cert it with a cheap exhaust with cats then throw your proper one back on...?

Seems all 92+ engines need cats :(

This is one issue that effects me. And I dont like the idea of putting $1200 worth of cats on to an already $2700 exhaust system.

Phew, my m50 is a 1991.

Seems like you are going to have to get in quick!

lucky i got my cert done when i did . i hate this thread with envy :lol:

Edited by kerry

Seems like you are going to have to get in quick!

yeah f*cken tell me about it :/ I dont think im going to make it unfortunitly.

Have you spoken to a certifier yet???

Mark Stokes has been recommended to me by a couple of people.

I think, if you can convince them that ya car wasn't fitted, with or designed for, a cat, then you might be all good.