Sign in to follow this  
kingkarl

Worst Drivers In The Country?

I used to think Tauranga was the home of crap driving.

But after driving through Rotorua today, I was amazed at how useless drivers there were. So many were completely oblivious to what was happening around them and they had no respect for other motorists.

Where are the other hotspots for crap driving in NZ?

Take that back! Tauranga is the worst place for drivers. Drove past this today, going into Matua.

A man had driven his poor e39 up a curb and into a tree...how the hell does someone manage to do that?

post-3868-1250136168_thumb.jpg

Edited by MS BM

Don't think its so much the location but who. I find 80% of the time for me its old people crawling along seemly oblivious to everything, nearly got sideswiped 3x within 1\2 an hr one day.

how the hell does someone manage to do that?

On his mobile or texting..... maybe :P

It's the way the road code is set out.. People spending too long staring in their rear view mirrors, when that's not even the way you are going! If everyone payed attention to what's in front of them there would be no rear end accidents etc. Bah.

Riding the botor mike everywhere seems like a magnet for car doors, aucks is bad and wellington drivers just aim for me.

I do around 1000km a week, in Hamilton, Auckland, Tauranga and sometimes Hawke's Bay, and Tauranga is by far the worst. The Hewletts Road approach to the 'harbour bridge' is shocking, 3 lanes into 2 lanes then into 1 lane is classic for road rage every single night. I just sit in my lane and watching everyone else jostling for position, finger pulling, light flashing, it would be funny if it wasn't so indicative of many drivers attitudes in NZ.

I have decided all drivers are crap except for me, just assume no one knows where they are going or what they are doing.

Spaghetti Junction is always good for a laugh… I just pretend im in a video game now, works a treat and is tons of fun.

Its hard being king of the road.

Edited by Apex

I always notice drivers weaving all over the North Western motorway when I’m there, tend to be the older people that are going 70-80km and constantly indicate to swap lanes then decide not to, then out of nowhere swerve into lane adjacent.

Edited by Jamez

I have decided all drivers are crap except for me, just assume no one knows where they are going or what they are doing.

Im sure everyone thinks like that :)

:ph34r:

He said 318ti drivers Glenn not 328ti's.

It has to be the North Western. I only use about 2kms of it and still see the most incredible driving everyday. As an example, my cousin went off the (straight) road there, backwards.

Ponsonby road is pretty bad- but i'd say it's because people are ALLOWED to turn right out of the side streets across 4 lanes with no visibility.

My vote goes to Ponsonby Road.

Yep, I live just off Ponsonby Road, terrible place to drive. Pedestrians everywhere, people opening doors, double parking, pulling out etc. The list goes on.

Agreed I've only lived in Auckland for 4 weeks and have seen alot of stupid driving stunts on Ponsonby Rd.. I can't stand Auckland drivers, and Aucklanders don't seem to like my "Relax dude" driving style us Northland drivers have. But since when does orange = "keep going you've got ages" and Red = "C'mon a couple more cars can come through"... I never got honked at for stopping at an orange in Whangarei. Chill out Auckland, you'll get there when you get there. ^_^

Edit: It's never been people in BMWs so I'm not complaining at you Auckland BSers

Edited by ///MICHAEL

Okay. Anywhere in the country where indicators aren't used. They are there for a blimin' reason.

Some dumb $%##%%#####%% girl almost smashed into me yesterday at Dannemora. Purely cos she didn't use her indicator.

*Throws fists around in air*.

Learn how to friggin drive beeyotch!!!

You've one of them. BEEP BEEEEP BEEEEEEEEP.

Bitch pulled out in front of me when I was zipping thru the round a bout.