Sign in to follow this  
Grant

All Bimmersport Members - Please Read

Hi All

The moderators have made some subtle changes to members profiles, and we would appreciate it if you could go in and complete two areas of your profile for us. This will mean that additional information will display when you post.

We have discussed this at length and feel that it would be a great idea to know people's names and location. We are notrasking you to provide your whole name, but at least your first name, and if possible the first letter of your surname.

We are also not asking you to put your actual address for the location, just the city or town that you live in.

For example look at my details to the left of this post, it have a name field (in my case Grant S), and a location field (in my case Sacramento CA). This is all we are asking.

We think that this will be a a valuable addition to the forum. Potential areas of value would include 1) when you meet someone in person and not on the interweb you can put a real name to the face and not know the person as "bimmerking123" and, 2) if you are having a problem or need help diagnosing a problem knowing your location can help the experts like Glenn point you in the right direction to get help. It will also let other members in your area know, and maybe they can be of assistance.

If you have any issues or concerns with this, please feel free to send a PM to me or any of the other moderators.

Again, thanks for doing this for us, we appreciate this, and think that everyone will see the value.

Cheers

Grant (on behalf of the moderating team)

Lol. Doesn't change anything for me.

I think warning % should also be visable

*Face palms.

Wouldn't that be interesting Heath!

Done..

Just one quick query. How come I have a space to put my car details and one for "Car 3" but no space for "Car 2" ??!!

Lol. Doesn't change anything for me.

Does. Wasn't displayed before, tis now.

Done..

Just one quick query. How come I have a space to put my car details and one for "Car 3" but no space for "Car 2" ??!!

Got that too.

Guest Simon*

I've got all the spaces, car 2, 3, race car etc. I KNEW I was special!!

Stop your whinging :D

The Car 2 problem is now fixed.

Thanks to all of you who have added your details.

It is also now compulsory for new members to add a name when they register, but the forum software won't let us do this for location (don't ask!). Can all of the other members please police new members who havn't put their location in or if the name is obviously bogus. Esp. if they are asking for help. Request name/location before giving advice. This way over time all regular members details will be there.

Cheers!

Guest Simon*

Yeah where is young James~????

That ain't yo real name fool. Don't make us change it for you .... Jiminy McMuppet ;)

Fixed :P Simon says? Lol.

Now that Car 2 works I don't have a 2nd car to put in there, Gah.

It is also now compulsory for new members to add a name when they register, but the forum software won't let us do this for location (don't ask!). Can all of the other members please police new members who havn't put their location in or if the name is obviously bogus. Esp. if they are asking for help. Request name/location before giving advice. This way over time all regular members details will be there.

Good idea, but why is it compulsory? I would rather just go by my username. Having you actual name displayed also makes having a username pointless.

If you came to any meets, and if anyone cared to say Hello, then we could say OH HAI [insert name here] instead of.. OH... YOU'RE that Crockett dood.

haha now how many peter's, johns, ollies, are there in the club...

It's still going to be haroo i'm Heath

who?

DRTDVL the guy with the peugeot...

ahh right... f-off with ya french crap...

Guest Simon*

ahh right... f-off with ya french crap...

Quoted for all time!

Be willing to bet there's only one Heath ;)

:( I was happy when car two wasn’t working..