Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Ethrty-Andys Twincam

My scanner reads off fault codes generated by the modules. unfortunately, (or fortunately depending on perspective), there are none from the EWS or ECU. Its a wiring thing somewhere else

this cant be that hard surly .

this cant be that hard surly .

yeah. bet its something quite simple too. my heads in a whurr and everything ive checked is fine!

Maybe you broke the starter cranking it too much haha.

yeah haha. gunna check that out specifically tomorrow if i get time

You tried storing those H&Rs upright for a few days?

shocks or springs im pressuming?

Shocks. The ones you were complaining were broken. They might have gotten all confused by being upside down etc when they got sent. You're meant to store them upright.

possibly. I have some billysports now that im running anyway. Got to send the H&Rs back

nope, car is hibernating till spring/summer time, mainly for weather purposes. It cranks over etc though, and i know the real reason why its not going now.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

nope, car is hibernating till spring/summer time, mainly for weather purposes. It cranks over etc though, and i know the real reason why its not going now.

So what's the real reason?

Make sure your ecu doesn't have water in it ;)

Edited by mark247

gidday Andrew,

I want to see this going

give me a call or pop in, lets sort something out

Jon

Edited by Jono51

do it! go see Jon! f**k your Volvo, get this running!

hey Jon. Got something sorted out, but i may get you to install... just depends how things pan out. Have bigger priorities at the moment including moving out of home over the weekend. Can PM with detail if you would like, though wont be on the internet much till i get it hooked up (dialup only where im staying at the moment so i just dont bother lol)

hey Jon. Got something sorted out, but i may get you to install... just depends how things pan out. Have bigger priorities at the moment including moving out of home over the weekend. Can PM with detail if you would like, though wont be on the internet much till i get it hooked up (dialup only where im staying at the moment so i just dont bother lol)

ok,

post mail me when you can

Read through ya thread man, all of em B)

Be sure to keep us updated, all your troubles are making me start to dread swapping an M52 into mine!

Hoping for a "I connected X to Z and it started first pop" post!

Edited by Jacko

^ha dont get your hopes up. I am going about this a completely different way now so my existing systems will be pulled out and replaced.

If i hadnt have to move out over the weekend it would probably be going by the end of next month, but sh*t happens eh. its just a car

right time for an update on where i am at i think!

Some of you may know that my car is now running the setup that Kerry used to have in his car. I didnt plan or want to go to OBD1 because of the decrease in torque that results, albiet more power. For the type of car that i am trying to end up with, torque is more important. Regardless though, i ended up getting his stuff and using the tuned ECU that came with it. i plan to take the car to Gavin to get a better tune more to my taste once everything is all legal and i can trust the car to take me to him and back reliably

So yes, the beast lives, and i have been taking it around the block every now and again and also to the river where dogs run and bikers ride etc, its quite long and twisty and sealed so its like a road, and can have fun and find out the strange knocks and everything, of which there are none now :D

The car handles like nothing else ive driven (though admitedly the list includes Ladas and Volvos, both boats at the best of times) on the bilsteins and H&Rs, next to no body roll, and still on the factory sways and bushes. I now know why they are so talked about it, definately the best thing on a budget to do to an E30, i dont know how i didnt do it earlier!! my tyres have not hit the gaurds on this set up, which they always used to foul on before

As far as legality and getting the car to a reliable working state, there isnt too much more to do.

1/ hook the power steering up (havent sussed a plan of attack yet),

2/ sort the crank case ventilation system for emissions (i plum this to the intake yea?)

3/ get some driveshaft hoops made up which my cert guy told me to make sure i had done before i even try turn up,

4/ swap out the black tails on there now for something more legal

5/ shorten E36 wiring to suit E30 better, namely power and earths which i suspect the loom etc was from a boot mounted battery car

6/ make up/buy a metal windscreen washer fluid bottle, unfortuanately it is a road car and i have to have that :(

7/ hook up M20 temperature sensor so that the cluster works and i can have my multimeteron temperatre setting back

8/ MAY have to get a new midsection made up for the exhaust with a high flow cat and maybe another muffler too, as its quite roudy at the moment. sounds tits now but yeah is a road car :( also emissions testing is now part of an LVV cert

9/ make up a heat shield for the podfilter, that thing sounds better than the exhaust btw haha

thats all i can think of for now. all little nigly things, and possibly other things will come up at a later date.

have a few more ideas for the visual aspect of the car still to do as well to set it apart from the rest.

heres a few sh*t pics of the old girl alongside the new kid on the block, my little M318i daily. wasnt going to do any more pics till the plates get here but i couldnt resist when i had them both out the garage today

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

getting there!!

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I've used the E28 washer bottle on the M54B30 conversion, it's only about 150mm wide, not a bucket like the e30 ones, fits up against the guard, just have to fab a new bottom bracket, easy peasy.

looking good , i bet your happy that its all going now .

good work :)

I've used the E28 washer bottle on the M54B30 conversion, it's only about 150mm wide, not a bucket like the e30 ones, fits up against the guard, just have to fab a new bottom bracket, easy peasy.

might look into that. i shaved the bottom E30 mount for the oem bottle off when i wasnt thinking right. i shaved the expansion tank one on the other side and got carried away and thought that bracket was for something else lol