Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

CRZARB 340i, Photo shoot thread

Bit of a milestone today!!

It's only taken me 2 years, but the RS's are FINALLY on the car.

Not the best photos, but here is a quick look :)

post-1976-1367753904.jpg

post-1976-1367753911.jpg

post-1976-1367753917.jpg

Favourite E30 in the country by far!

Very tasteful indeed.

Also, that surf is huge!

Yeh, that's my mates 'promo car'.. it definitely does turn heads!

Sooo much better, looks fantastic.

Edit: I hope all 4 studs have a different type of lock bolt haha

Edited by _Matt_

Baller.

What tyre sizes did you end up going for?

Finally!!! But I have to say they don't actually suit it 100% as they sit at the moment, not sure if it's the color combo or something else, but something looks odd

Hey man, really glad to see you have them on the car.

I really don't mean to sound like a dickhouse .. the front tires I think are probably the wrong profile / side wall design for those wheels. You don't need to go stretched or anything silly like that but maybe the next profile or width down ?

I do understand however your car is rolling around CHCH and the roads aren't that flash done there however so may have been a deliberate choice?

Your rears look sweet but maybe look at dropping width or profile in the front to match the rear profile? are they square fitment tyres on a staggered setup wheel?

Hard I know that you have probably purchased the tires already. I did the same thing with mine .. ran a 40% profile on a 235, when what I needed was a 225 35 on a shorter shoulder tire. I ended up re-purchasing a whole new set of tyres in the correct size and I was so glad I did even if I spent another 1200 :/

Please take this as constructive feedback and not me having a go .. I was actually really at two minds weather to type it or not.

Josh has it spot on.

Rears look boss... less width on the front tyres and it'll be perfect.

Love the colour combo, very clean.

Well done, good to see the wheels finally on after first seeing them in your boot at a meet about a year ago now! :)

makes me think about my set-up now...

Hey man, really glad to see you have them on the car.

I really don't mean to sound like a dickhouse .. the front tires I think are probably the wrong profile / side wall design for those wheels. You don't need to go stretched or anything silly like that but maybe the next profile or width down ?

I do understand however your car is rolling around CHCH and the roads aren't that flash done there however so may have been a deliberate choice?

Your rears look sweet but maybe look at dropping width or profile in the front to match the rear profile? are they square fitment tyres on a staggered setup wheel?

Hard I know that you have probably purchased the tires already. I did the same thing with mine .. ran a 40% profile on a 235, when what I needed was a 225 35 on a shorter shoulder tire. I ended up re-purchasing a whole new set of tyres in the correct size and I was so glad I did even if I spent another 1200 :/

Please take this as constructive feedback and not me having a go .. I was actually really at two minds weather to type it or not.

Brother, I know exactly what you are describing here and you are 100% spot on!

The front and rear rubber is the same width and profile (as it's the same rubber that the RS's originally came with). At this stage, I just chucked on the old rubber as a test fit to give me a better idea of where I needed to be for the perfect stance.

As you suggested, I'm actually quite pleased with how the rears turned out and feel that I just need to tweak the front setup.

Mainly an issue of time and $$ but the correct rubber will be the next phase for sure. I'll get there!

Finally!!! But I have to say they don't actually suit it 100% as they sit at the moment, not sure if it's the color combo or something else, but something looks odd

I know the colour combinations are a little on the extravagant side but I spent a crap load of money on these things so I didn't want to leave any room for doubts that these were a custom setup. Having said that, I was definitely trying to find a balance so it didn't come across as over the top.

Edited by crazyarab

has noone else noticed the car behind the e30 in the last pic???!?!

has noone else noticed the car behind the e30 in the last pic???!?!

Haha, yep.. the good ol 'Protect Auto' monster truck!

could be the white/crome clashing? may suit a white car better not sure

but im legit colour blind so i shouldnt really be commenting on that lol

Looks amazing dude! Nice work, but as others have said, needs abit of fine tuning ;)

Brother, I know exactly what you are describing here and you are 100% spot on!

The front and rear rubber is the same width and profile (as it's the same rubber that the RS's originally came with). At this stage, I just chucked on the old rubber as a test fit to give me a better idea of where I needed to be for the perfect stance.

As you suggested, I'm actually quite pleased with how the rears turned out and feel that I just need to tweak the front setup.

Mainly an issue of time and $$ but the correct rubber will be the next phase for sure. I'll get there!

Mint :) yeah sweet i hear ya on the $$$ thing ... especially when life is on a different priority direction.

I personally love the colour combo... very different and once your on point with tires its gonna kick some serious ass looks wise. Great thing about your car is it has my favour engine conversion ever and is a major hoot to be in for raw ass kicking action.

Posted Image

Looking good man. I'm hesitant to run anything lower profile even on my corolla as it's managed to buckle a wheel on our roads running 205/50/16s.......

Looking good man. I'm hesitant to run anything lower profile even on my corolla as it's managed to buckle a wheel on our roads running 205/50/16s.......

Yeh, Christchurch roads are pretty terrible. Thankfully the V8 isn't my daily!

Yeh, Christchurch roads are pretty terrible. Thankfully the V8 isn't my daily!

You mean unfortunately its not your daily.

I'd daily the sh*t out of this!