Sign in to follow this  
Heino

GREEN STICKER!

My car got green stickerd for exhaust noise? can anyone help me fix this? without me having to pay $$$$$$$$$$'s of dollars....

Would be much appreciated because shes ordered off the road.

Thanks Heino.

Make it quieter and go to the VTNZ and get another wof.

Dependings on how you make it quieter will be the costly part.

We fulled my mates motorcycle exhaust up with pinkbatts to shut it up once, I wouldn't recommend that though.

hey Heino, from your BS new members thread, your exhaust looked exactly like the one I had. I explored options to silence it, but just replaced it with OEM exhaust. Silencer wont fit due to the tips shape, cant add a resonator because there wont be any space UNLESS you have a straight through exhaust for a 316.....

It costed me 100 bucks to change back to original.

hey Heino, from your BS new members thread, your exhaust looked exactly like the one I had. I explored options to silence it, but just replaced it with OEM exhaust. Silencer wont fit due to the tips shape, cant add a resonator because there wont be any space UNLESS you have a straight through exhaust for a 316.....

It costed me 100 bucks to change back to original.

my car is running a straight thru to that rear box with one resonator installed... previous owner straight pipped it... :S

the only way to get rid of the green sticker is to either have the exhaust certified by an approved tester and then on the green sticker notice that the police issued you it will say whether you need to get a new wof or just take it to the issuing officer to check or else as said above, replace with factory system

the only way to get rid of the green sticker is to either have the exhaust certified by an approved tester and then on the green sticker notice that the police issued you it will say whether you need to get a new wof or just take it to the issuing officer to check or else as said above, replace with factory system

factory system is quiet :(

put another resonator in. what kind of muffler is the rear one?

let us know if you need a standard muffler etc

cheers

Jon

04 3801089

let us know if you need a standard muffler etc

cheers

Jon

04 3801089

i think i still have the factory one. just a matter of mounting it. but rear bumper is modified for that muffler.

i think i still have the factory one. just a matter of mounting it. but rear bumper is modified for that muffler.

change it back to OEM then, most cost effective way to get your car back onto the road. doesnt matter if your bumper has been hacked away for the muffler IMO

Guest E302.7T

Just get a muffler or resonator welded in or you could do it yourself? or a silencer?

Is it a straight through?

Bah, Just throw the stocker back on. Who wants a loud 316 anyway.

I like the key words there... 'hacked away'

Paints a lovely image of DIY car alterations.

But yeah, just go back to an OEM exhaust. Brent would have some for sale at his yard.

it was proffessionally done.... the paint on my car is immaculate.

The previous foolish owner who modified the exhaust for the worst after backing into a tree HACKED away at the lower apron/valance ( dont know what its called). It is now mangled and rusting. nasty surprise when i took the tech 2 rear off.

Heino, if you just cut the bumper away to fit the exhaust, its not bad, bumper costs less than panel beater work.

panel beater did do the alterations to the rear diffuser.

My vote is that you just go back to the standard OEM exhaust system, it would be abit quieter but should do the trick, IMO I don't really like to cruise around with a loud can all the time.

The only logical answer here is to fix it. Don't listen to all the people wanking on about how they don't like your 4 banger car.

Just get another resonator or muffler or something put in. If you go to pit stop or something with beers they normally will do it cheap.

An OEM exhaust can't be too expensive..If you don't want to spend lots of money buy 1 and you and someone who knows what they're doing can have a go at installing yourself.

Or buy an exhaust silencer/restrictor

Silencer

The only logical answer here is to fix it. Don't listen to all the people wanking on about how they don't like your 4 banger car.

Just get another resonator or muffler or something put in. If you go to pit stop or something with beers they normally will do it cheap.

Finally.... someone with some common sense!

Well done Ash :)

+100 to fix your exhaust.

Better than getting the most pointless 25 demerits you could get.

This thread is getting so off topic

Heino.... go and see Chris @ Pitstop in The Hub @ Botany... real good guy, tell him I sent you. You'll need a coby up front and a sports muffler on the rear with your tips off the old muffler welded onto it. Go see him for a price. We did it on a E30 316 that Matt owns now... sounds nice & it's legal.

As this is heading off topic i guess it means its my turn to chime in...

imo just either run factory exhaust, or get a quieter exhaust made up...

i had an exhaust that was 2 1/4" pipe into a forzaflow middle muffler (gated muffler) and into a cannon. it sounded nice and wasnt too loud. still very legal...

if you make an exhaust that accomidates your cc then you can get a nice exhaust that still sounds good and is not too loud.

if you make an exhaust that is too big for your car (more common than you would think) then thats when you get the bad sound and way too much noise...

so imo if you want to keep the rear muffler you currently have put in a more effecient center muffler... ie a forzaflow or flowmaster...

Edited by DRTE30

Clean up in aisle 6.

Stay on topic muppets.