Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Glenn's "Cold Turkey" shoot out

50 a day?

What else did you do?

Got ridiculously anxious while waiting for the next chance to duck outside.

Took me a long time to realise normal people didn't regard two 25 packs of Marlboro red and a triple shot XXL long black as an acceptable breakfast. Quite enjoying not coughing up red streaks every morning too!

• Like 1

Got ridiculously anxious while waiting for the next chance to duck outside.

Took me a long time to realise normal people didn't regard two 25 packs of Marlboro red and a triple shot XXL long black as an acceptable breakfast. Quite enjoying not coughing up red streaks every morning too!

Good on you dude. Pocketing the $50 a day must feel good too!

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

went to download the quitnow! app and got the free version cuz im too cheap to spend $3.99 on an app...

made me chuckle cuz already after 2 days ive saved over 20 bucks from not buying ciggys.

ha ha ha

• Like 1

That's what I used first, eventually upgraded once I'd saved a few hundred bucks. Never used the chat, not my style.

Keep it up dude!

• Like 1

Keep it up Kyu. Overdose on vitamin "C" oranges and bananas and keep hydrated. If you have cravings for food just eat fruit and keep away from fatty foods. Don't give up your normal meals though

Thats really good advice actually. Ive been eating a lot of chocolate instead but will get a bunch of fruits also.

Feeling a bit more hungry and constantly feel like nibbling on something

If you can stop cold, obviously that's the best, but I'm surprised e-cig's haven't been mentioned. Nicotine free ones look like a good option when trying to quite a 'proper' habit of 10+ a day.

Nick, e-cigs may cause more harm to your pets because of the concentrated nicotine and propylene glycol content.

Kyu, you may want to take it easy on the chocolates, try some nuts or seaweed.

Also, this weekend, try to get to a sauna and sweat it out for 4-5 hours.

• Like 1

lol im not going too crazy on the chocolates but i know what you mean. sauna sounds like a great idea too! cheers

You can get nicotine free e-cig juice. But they are an unknown quantity.

(disclaimer - I don't 'vape' just read a bit about it)

Leave all the above sh*t alone . Man up and get it done . It's hard...I know this... you just need to be strong...very strong or you won't succeed. I hope you do though

• Like 3

Leave all the above sh*t alone . Man up and get it done . It's hard...I know this... you just need to be strong...very strong or you won't succeed. I hope you do though

^^ This

It Hurts. Like really f***ing Hurts.

But it does get better after a while. Never perfect, but manageable. Sweat / bleed / grow a pair. Life's better without them

• Like 1

It will be 5 years without smoking on the 20th of next month. The first year was hard for me having to deal with other things in my life at the time. If you can manage the stress and the withdrawals you'll get through it. I would say it would be a lot harder for those with businesses and those who have smoked for a long time and who got up to the 2 packets a day which changes the level of what occurs and how it affects you.

• Like 1

Good on you Kyu. It's not an easy road, but definitely one worth traveling.

• Like 1

It will be 5 years without smoking on the 20th of next month. The first year was hard for me having to deal with other things in my life at the time. If you can manage the stress and the withdrawals you'll get through it. I would say it would be a lot harder for those with businesses and those who have smoked for a long time and who got up to the 2 packets a day which changes the level of what occurs and how it affects you.

Sterling effort!

Wow! 5 years already Glenn!

Well done.

This is my little girl called Bella.

Shes taking up all my time now. No time for ciggys

post-3185-0-63510400-1440758707_thumb.jp

oh remind me to keep my young man away from her, she would be his cup of tea

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 1

10 days and still going good.

Actually had a dream last last night that i was having a smoke and felt really guilty. Woke up and was real glad it was just a dream haha..

post-3185-0-48028100-1441241472.png

post-3185-0-05508600-1441241481.png

post-3185-0-02276100-1441241488.png

Edited by QUBE
  • Like 4