Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Where did you buy the LEDs from Ryan, eBay? are they good quality? .. whatever you got.

I got the bulbs off some obscure site I will try find the name of it later... They look pretty good, I also added in LED fog light bulbs (not as asian as it sounds!)

Here are some pictures. I hate yellow lights.

post-29-1305611646.jpg

post-29-1305611657.jpg

post-29-1305611667.jpg

Looks real good, if you can find the website send it to me fb/bs/whatever :)

- New key for E39, Diamond shape facelift master key

*Borat voice*

How much?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/16399

Just about to order a couple, since I only have one crappy old key for my 36, hopefully the internals of my key will fit into the diamond!?

My remote locking doesn't work even though the little light goes on when I press it. Any ideas?

My remote locking doesn't work even though the little light goes on when I press it. Any ideas?

Might have to "re-sync" - for lack of a better word, to your car, have a search I'm sure there are threads about it

*Borat voice*

How much?

If you actually want it to work in your car, if its chipped its about $390 from the BMW dealer

Fixed my dash bulb that was blown, replaced the thermostat housing that was broke, and set the idle :D. Very productive day.

Oh and i shampooed the carpets, and dried out the drivers side which was soaked due to the sunroof leaking. Or the drain pipe leaking. Or something leaking. :(

Where did you get the key cut?

Theres a place on Barrys Point Road in Takapuna next to the Mobil station that laser cut them but I guess you can ring your local key place

I had my shitty copy scanned (for the code) and cut onto a spare blank.

Difference is everything.

Posted Image

Left key is old one. wouldn't open the doors without wiggling, wouldn't work up one way in the ignition... would get stuck in doors.. ect.

How do you do this? ^^ Take it to BMW? Details....

Cheers, cos I have two keys, the one for the door locks has the code printed on it, but the one for the ignition is pretty worn and its plastic handled (not BMW original tho :()

Good stuff. I have only recently realised dealers do this. I went into Papakura Toyota looking for a new key to replace my 25 year old worn one and all they needed was my registration.. next day I had a new key.

I do question if anyone could just rock in and order one though?

On Topic.. I brought 140 Little tree’s air fresheners, 10 of 14 different smells.. So I through one on the Beemer.

http://www.little-trees.com/

This week its Black Ice.

Posted Image

Good stuff. I have only recently realised dealers do this. I went into Papakura Toyota looking for a new key to replace my 25 year old worn one and all they needed was my registration.. next day I had a new key.

On Topic.. I brought 140 Little tree’s air fresheners, 10 of 14 different smells.. So I through one on the Beemer.

http://www.little-trees.com/

This week its Black Ice.

Posted Image

Nice, are you selling any? :D

I did a deal with a dude and said hey i'll swap you this printed tee for a few airfresheners and he turned up with 140. No sh*t.

Might bring a few to thee Kaiawa drive for some of your smelly cars.

I wondered that too when the Key for my Subaru fell apart (I kid you not. I found the half that broke off half way between my car and the dairy - It broke when i was walking. wtf?)

Rang the after hours locksmith, gave him the key number (but he also said the rego would work as it is kiwi new) and an hour later he rocked up with a new key.

Cost me a cool hundy, but better than than leave a tastefully modified suby in the shadows on SH1 a few kms north of porirua.

How do you do this? ^^ Take it to BMW? Details....

Cheers, cos I have two keys, the one for the door locks has the code printed on it, but the one for the ignition is pretty worn and its plastic handled (not BMW original tho :()

Begg Security in Dunedin have a key scanner (only one in Dunedin apparently) so they just scanned that key (the worn one) and typed in the code to this machine they have which laser cut me a generic spare and i gave them that genuine blank I've had for a bit now to use every day :D

oh, and when I went to the dealer they weren't very helpful... "the only way to get your key code is to remove the lock"

and when I got them to order in a new pair of keys.. they got a pair of bloody tiny "spare" keys.

Today I did boring sh*t

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by antil33t

Put a proper V8 exhaust on the V8.

Yesterday I fixed my bonnet release mechanism and got the furthest so far with fixing my central locking.

Turns out my old control unit does work, so after buying a new one from Ray at HellBm I now have a spare, anyone know what they're worth? I don't know how much I paid for it because I got it together with a whole lot of other stuff from him.

Am I right in assuming that the drivers door lock actuator is different to the rest? Surely it must have some kind of sender which tells the control unit to lock/unlock the other doors?

Does anyone have a picture or part number for the actuators for drivers door, passengers door, rear doors (if they're different) and boot?