Sign in to follow this  
westy

Umm......

Wonder if the interior has been done too?

I feel kinda stink for people like this.

They obviously put a lot of effort and, according to him, money into something that they consider important and then find themselves in a position where, for one reason or another, they have to sell.

As for trying to recoup what is spent, who knows, maybe he's funding something important but $65k for something with such narrow appeal?

Nice offset wheels.....

Oh wait.

I'd rather buy a Fiat X1/9 and keep the other 60k, spend it on whiskey, then it'll look like a Fezza.

Now see, some replicas I can understand, if it is something that is relatively true to the car's original intent. F40 replica with a TT 1UZ = yes; Lancia Stratos replica with an Alfa V6 = yes, FWD Peugeot coupe trying to look like a 360? No no no

^ i agree. besides I would also consider the examples you mentioned far more worthy of being copied and considerably harder to obtain than a 360 modena

IF you paid $65k for that, I'd be surprised if there was any decent change from $100k. Turners sold a yellow 360 for $105k (ish) and they are $149k asking at a dealers. Why would you?

That's what I was thinking, Palazzo. Maybe he won lotto and bought the real thing - auction says you get a ride in a genuine 355 if you win the auction.

auction says you get a ride in a genuine 355 if you win the auction.

To show you what youre missing ? :lol::lol:

This has been on/off for sale for the past three or so years. It's unfortunately IMO not worth the asking price, I mean, for 65k what are you getting? Some of it looks like stuff that a builder would leave behind. 18k for a 306 coupe?? They're about 5-10k these days... So I agree with you Westy, I do feel a little sorry for the people.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Some replicas can be appealing, but like some of you other boys have mentioned by the time this is complete it will certainly be similar priced to a 2nd hand one.

a cheaper option would be too buy an old SW20 and get one of these kits instead...

post-5369-1291091230.jpg

Some replicas can be appealing, but like some of you other boys have mentioned by the time this is complete it will certainly be similar priced to a 2nd hand one.

a cheaper option would be too buy an old SW20 and get one of these kits instead...

Looks good, I can guarantee that that thing cost a pretty penny to setup.

A friend of mine in Nelson, built a replica Testerossa with an AW20 donor car (will steal a pic off FB later on)... i think he said it cost about 20k all up but that Modena looks far better finished which will always add $ to the job.

He put a question on an auction i had if i wanted to do a straight swap, auction was selling an 07 VE Berlina that's not worth $65g, must have done some more work on it, good on him for trying something like this, some times it works and other times it doesn't quite.

For whatever it costed, i would prefer to get the most povo spec 308 GT4, or one of those awesome old 365/400i/412i's that have been hovering on trademe for a while