Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

FS: Custom German/Europlates ORDERS NOW CLOSED - Last Order Before Chr

settle petal, send Andy a PM instead of losing your rag.

In regards to the police hunting out plates, mine have been on the M3 for a few months now with no issue. I do still carry my govt issue plates and some zipties in the boot (so i can ziptie my plates to my frames to get me home) but it hasnt been an issue. I think the issue for the above poster was his own fault, having anything but the nz fern ends on the plates will draw far too much attention and make it a shining beacon of obviousness.

The plates are illegal, thats a given. Theyre also cheap, you could run half a dozen sets or so with the police taking them each time before you get to the price of one set of genuine plates. Its worth the risk for me.

Matt, just send me a PM!?

Plates are here and wrapped, will be shipped on Monday Morning

I do admit i probably should have said a bit more this time around, have just had three trips to Auckland and two to Hastings this month so i haven't been around much to jump on here.

Not worth it when they fine u 200 bucks each time

each to their own. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you get the plates.

Not worth it when they fine u 200 bucks each time

another gem input

each to their own. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you get the plates.

At least someones get his head on right.

This will most likely be the last one I do, I'm just totally over having the same conversation over and over and over again. Was fine for about 3 years, but these last couple, too hard breaking even, everyones 2 cents adds to my $100 loss etc

• Like 4

another gem input

At least someones get his head on right.

This will most likely be the last one I do, I'm just totally over having the same conversation over and over and over again. Was fine for about 3 years, but these last couple, too hard breaking even, everyones 2 cents adds to my $100 loss etc

For my two cents worth Andy I'd like to thank you on behalf of other bimmersporters as well for doing this time after time!

If anyone isn't happy with what you do they can buy their own plates individually which will probably cost more any way.

• Like 2

For my two cents worth Andy I'd like to thank you on behalf of other bimmersporters as well for doing this time after time!

If anyone isn't happy with what you do they can buy their own plates individually which will probably cost more any way.

+1

Nothing but appreciation for Andy and him doing this for so many rounds.

• Like 5

+1 Andy has done a great service for the Bimmersport Community for many years now.

• Like 3

Thanks guys :) Does mean a lot!

And this order is on its way out to all of you that have given me address already, Fastway guy picked it up 10 mins ago,

Just two of you I dont have your address, i have sent you PM's

• Like 1

Thanks Andy ! They look great in the photo you sent and can't wait to get them!

Thanks guys :) Does mean a lot!

And this order is on its way out to all of you that have given me address already, Fastway guy picked it up 10 mins ago,

Just two of you I dont have your address, i have sent you PM's

Sweet!

Got my plates today. Thanks for that Andy!

Was happy with them after I unwrapped them. That all changed when I decided to drive up to a certain popular panel shop @ Parnell (walking distance from my office) to quickly put them on. Not sure how such an easy job can get f***ed up...

Rear plates: Somehow they destroyed the stickers for them (see pic velow). The black colour faded right off. Also, looking at the rear plate, I don't know if it's just me but it doesn't look fully aligned. The left seems ever so slightly lower than the right side. They have already drilled more than 1 hole to fix alignment once and now you can see the drill hole there.

Front plates: Plates turned out fine, except they decided to drill new holes into my bumper rather than using the old ones. And they drilled them at the far top left and top right corners of the plates. And, just like the rear plates, they drilled more than one hole to fix alignment issue or whatever. So now I have 4 new holes in my front bumper that will show up if I ever decide/have to switch back to regular sized plates. Is there a quick way to fill these holes and paint it white, or is that a fully panel beating job?

Kind of wish I had 'supervised' them, even though they asked me nicely to go sit in the office.

15928054275_1a0b8dba19_b.jpg

They asked me to come back on Friday so they can spray paint over the ruined stickers to try to fix it. If not, a sign-writer can apparently knock something together.

I should have waited and just done it at home - idiot Adeeb. Maybe I'll have to order some new ones.

/endrant

On a positive note: The plates are actually really good quality. I can't tell them from the originals. Thanks again Andy.

Edited by Arma

contact Andy, last i heard he had spare stickers.

Should have got plate frames, look 100x better and mean no holes drilled and have near infinite adjustment.

• Like 1

That is is very very sloppy work. Should have been measured with a straight edge and worked out where the holes should go etc, or they could have even overlaid your old plate over it and drilled through the old holes onto this.

I hope you didn't pay them a cent for that. wrecked a new set of plates!

yes got some stickers here, and I am feeling charitable, send me a text tomorrow, tell me to put some in a satchel for you, no charge on this occasion.

The stickers stick pretty well, but as soon as they peel a tiny bit and dust and/or water gets in its game over for them.

And yes, I highly recommend plate frames for mounting them, they have holes to suit almost every application, I only say almost because i had to drill two holes into the frames to fit to my Volvo, seem to recall doing the same on my E30, but a lot tidier. Both my E30 and E34 have genuine plates.co.nz plates in these frames.

• Like 1

That is is very very sloppy work. Should have been measured with a straight edge and worked out where the holes should go etc, or they could have even overlaid your old plate over it and drilled through the old holes onto this.

I hope you didn't pay them a cent for that. wrecked a new set of plates!

yes got some stickers here, and I am feeling charitable, send me a text tomorrow, tell me to put some in a satchel for you, no charge on this occasion.

The stickers stick pretty well, but as soon as they peel a tiny bit and dust and/or water gets in its game over for them.

And yes, I highly recommend plate frames for mounting them, they have holes to suit almost every application, I only say almost because i had to drill two holes into the frames to fit to my Volvo, seem to recall doing the same on my E30, but a lot tidier. Both my E30 and E34 have genuine plates.co.nz plates in these frames.

Thanks a lot man, that will be a saver! Will send you a text tomorrow.

Might order some frames if you ever do an order again. Otherwise I'll try source some myself (if you can let me know where to look).

Thanks a lot man, that will be a saver! Will send you a text tomorrow.

Might order some frames if you ever do an order again. Otherwise I'll try source some myself (if you can let me know where to look).

I have a blank pair here spare if you need them. would say the damage is done at this point though!

What a f*ck up. I would've expected more from them (if it's who I think it is) as I've used them before with good results. Starts with "H"?
I would've used 3M tape :)

What a f*ck up. I would've expected more from them (if it's who I think it is) as I've used them before with good results. Starts with "H"?

I would've used 3M tape :)

Yep, that's the one. 3M tape, shouldn've done that I guess :P

The front doesn't look that bad, they painted the screws black and placed them over the black areas. It's just having extra holes in the bumper makes me feel ai34rjfakl3ra234.

I have a blank pair here spare if you need them. would say the damage is done at this point though!

It's alright. Damage is done so will survive with how it is for now - which isn't too bad apart from the faded stickers, which can be fixed hopefully.

They offered to do a cut/polish of my bootlid which had badly fading paint (up close), but I'm having 2nd thoughts of doing that with them now, even for free. Don't want to show up Friday afternoon to see a bootlid with no paint on it.

But you don't drill these plates at all, you use a proper mount. And you *certainly* don't pay someone to do (read: ruin) it for you.

To the OP, I feel bad that your plates have silly holes in them now but if you want some plate holders I have some new BMW ones you can buy (at least your plates will be straight). If you're in Auckland and pick them up from my place I'll fit them for you (straight) for free.

Thanks, I might get in contact with you. I'm pretty tied up for a few weeks so if you still have them then, then will possibly buy off you if my OCD starts eating me inside.

Here's a pic of the rear:

15743266617_fff7a28127_b.jpg

+1 on 3m double sided tape.

How does one even mess this up? A 10 year old would have done a better job..

• Like 1

Way late and i wouldnt hold your breath for another one.

Too late sorry.

Wont be doing another one in the forseeable future, done them for 5 years now, supplied well over 200 sets, about 450 plates at last count.

Time to hang up the keys to this thread.

But someone else can pick up the can now if they want, I will put you in touch with my contacts etc for the better pricing, though he may take the opportunity to increase the pricing a bit anyways, i am still buying at the prices he gave me 5 years ago.

Having said that:

I do have plenty of the black type stickers here for these plates

also some extra frames etc

So for those of you that have brought before, you can send me a PM any time now or in the future and I can send you out some stickers.

Sorry, no blue stickers available, as they are fitted by the German supplier, I only fit the black ones here.

Hope this helps.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 2

dang i should have jumped in on that last one, facebook if you change your mind tho andy =)