Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

FS: Custom German/Europlates ORDERS NOW CLOSED - Last Order Before Chr

yeeeah boi. Will PM later.

be good to see that M3 make sure you bring that :P

• Like 1

I wanted the plates :(

whens the next time?

The boat doesn't wait a whole month before you recheck this thread. I do not hold people up for those that can't decide if they want any.

No idea when the next one is yet.

Will decide when i have enough interest etc.

• Like 1

Just if anyone is sitting on the fence wondering.... the quality of the plates and frames are bloody good. The stickers Andy puts on are top notch.

DSC05951_zpsc5b3656e.jpg

DSC05953_zpse3e8dbce.jpg

DSC05952_zps4bc69dcd.jpg

RIP 50mm lens, you havent been the same since your focus ring jammed :(

Edited by KwS

Just if anyone is sitting on the fence wondering.... the quality of the plates and frames are bloody good. The stickers Andy puts on are top notch.

RIP 50mm lens, you havent been the same since your focus ring jammed :(

looks great!!

did you have the modify the rear frame at all in the end?

Nope, one line of the moulded slots lined up perfect. Both frames screwed on with no effort.

The only thing was with the front one, were if you only use the two factory mounting holes in the center the plate will be straight and not hug the curve of the bumper. Thankfully the PO of my car had his old euro plate held on by two screws in the top corners, which the plate frame also has premade slots to use. A couple of screws there as well (4 holding the front frame on in total) and away i went.

The boat doesn't wait a whole month before you recheck this thread. I do not hold people up for those that can't decide if they want any.

No idea when the next one is yet.

Will decide when i have enough interest etc.

Ya I know but I kinda hoped you'd just sent me a pm and I would had joined in. You knew I alraedy wanted a pair, my cars front plate is screwed from the time whern we towed it back home and the rope snapped and took a lash on it :(

anyway. okay this time I am in, when you have all the people you want just drop me a message with the bank details and I will make the deposit :)

How about we do a limited version where we repalce the NZ flag sticker on the left with the BMW M colours stripe?

Nope, one line of the moulded slots lined up perfect. Both frames screwed on with no effort.

The only thing was with the front one, were if you only use the two factory mounting holes in the center the plate will be straight and not hug the curve of the bumper. Thankfully the PO of my car had his old euro plate held on by two screws in the top corners, which the plate frame also has premade slots to use. A couple of screws there as well (4 holding the front frame on in total) and away i went.

show us how you modified it? I kinda know how it feels when the plate doesn't hug the corners, right now I have my plate bent and bolted to hug the corners properly, all covered with a euro plate frame :P

cant be arsed taking the plate out again just to take a photo of a screw.

The red circles are the ones you will need to add a screw to for it to hug the front bumper. You will need to use self tapper screw or drill a small hole in your front trim. The two inner screw locations will be obvious when you line the frame up. The plate will bend slightly to fit the curve when you install the plate into the frame, and will take a little coaxing to clip into the lower clip (but is held in at the bottom by the lower removable strip anyway).

The blue circles are the slots i used to secure the rear plate.

bmw-m-power-european-license-plate-frame

Edited by KwS

got it thanks, any reason why you aren't using bolts or flat pan head bolts and nuts? they would be better then tapping into plastic?

PS: anybody got a set of plates I could have for temp use? mine have gotten fugly :P

Edited by MoJoJoe

a screw is a screw. Youre screwing into plastic trim. I already had holes there from the previous owner, so i just used a couple of screws that matched.

If you cant work out how to mount a plate frame, then i think you're beyond my help.

lol. I'm just saying I dont like screws to bite into plastic, I prefer nuts and bolts, pan head or counter sunk ones would sit flush. never mind, i am beyond your help. -_-:rolleyes::unsure::lol:B)

anyway. okay this time I am in, when you have all the people you want just drop me a message with the bank details and I will make the deposit :)

Andy I see you've become a babysitter. Good pay?

Wow these look absolutely stunning. I've only recently checked this thread out but if there is another order I will take a pair please. I guess I just subscribe to this thread or keep checking back? Cheers

Haha, yes, the badge is way off and very faded so itll get replaced soon.

Wow these look absolutely stunning. I've only recently checked this thread out but if there is another order I will take a pair please. I guess I just subscribe to this thread or keep checking back? Cheers

yep, both great ideas. Subscribing is a good option. this thread only gets action when there is an order of course (well except for now...) so when you get the notification that there has been an update to the thread, come on line and take it from there.

haha

look, if i was selling them for $90 a pair and making a bit of money on the side, id be more than happy to put in the work to make a sale, like any other business person.

but i don't make anything on these. I do it from the kindness of my heart LOL

So if one more or one less buys, I'm really not bothered at all, so long as its close to break even

if there are more than 10 people, then make a little profit which accumulates and pays for the shortfall on orders like the last one which didn't break even.

• Like 1

No need really for people to wait (or be impatient), just grab them yourself from germanplates.com. Perhaps Andy can just sell the stickers?

more expecive though, because you will be paying the full price ($60US=$80NZ), and shipping from germany from NZ on top, so probably about $100-110 if you did it all by yourself.

• Like 1

yep, both great ideas. Subscribing is a good option. this thread only gets action when there is an order of course (well except for now...) so when you get the notification that there has been an update to the thread, come on line and take it from there.

haha

look, if i was selling them for $90 a pair and making a bit of money on the side, id be more than happy to put in the work to make a sale, like any other business person.

but i don't make anything on these. I do it from the kindness of my heart LOL

So if one more or one less buys, I'm really not bothered at all, so long as its close to break even

if there are more than 10 people, then make a little profit which accumulates and pays for the shortfall on orders like the last one which didn't break even.

How many people do you need andy?? 8 more or less? you already got me and the other guy? So whats the verdict on a limited run for bmw m power sticker on the left side instead of the NZ flag? NZ Ferm on right, and BMW m power on left.

I appreciate what you are doing, you know I wouldn't mind paying you $10 ~ $20 on top for your effort.

pays better then being an ahole and rubbing it in, you know? they guy is helping out the community and I understand I need them and he shouldn't be bothered but I just asked is hey if he does post here and come and go regularly whats the big deal other then ego to just drop me a txt or a line on a message, not really babby sitting. Just saying because i never use internet forums and stuff like that, but see how the subscribe feature works. I subscribed so hopefully when its near baking point I get a notification and come back.

How many people do you need andy?? 8 more or less? you already got me and the other guy? So whats the verdict on a limited run for bmw m power sticker on the left side instead of the NZ flag? NZ Ferm on right, and BMW m power on left.

Possibly, but the chance of getting enough people to make it worth while is probably nil.

i suggest you design up what you want, i can send you some of the ferns so that you can figure out the size you need to make them to, and then from there you can take them in to some design/printer crowd, and see what they can do. Just be aware it costs every time they set up a printing machine, so the cost for doing two pair of stickers isn't going to be too much less than doing 50 pairs.

i wouldn't be wanting to get involved any more than sending you the stickers i have here so you can mock up etc.

Sounds good, Thanks.

I think I will probably take the following

2x Custom Plates

2x BMW Plate Frame

he has put his price up! at least he hasn't put it up for us.

50% more. and untracked.

:dunno:

Will be in for next time anyway :)