Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

The year of 2011

So thought I might as well start a new thread with the goings on for 2011.

First up for the year is a swap of feet, Thanks to Jon they turned up today. Do things need to be lowered a tad, well yes but I am going to hold off until our roads here are leveled out a bit more as it would be pointless at the moment.

Turned up then before and after.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by M-Spec

Yes, a nice 40mm drop would be perfect :)

Looks good Jase!

I hear you on the lowering!! I finally ventured into town for a mates party... nearly took the bumper off the 540i after times, afew of you Lowered E30 boys must be cracking/scraping sumps if you don't pay attention!!!

what are you doing with the old wheel and tyres? are they 16 or 17"

Prefer the old wheels to be honest/cant please everyone.

update Alice thread and i'll change my post...

Prefer the old wheels to be honest/cant please everyone.

Was going to say that. Easier to clean also :lol:

Looks good Jase!

I hear you on the lowering!! I finally ventured into town for a mates party... nearly took the bumper off the 540i after times, afew of you Lowered E30 boys must be cracking/scraping sumps if you don't pay attention!!!

what are you doing with the old wheel and tyres? are they 16 or 17"

they are 17's and not sure what I am going to do with them yet, Might put them on tardme to gauge a price.

Glad to see they got to you Ok, and my awesome packaging survived intact.

Ignore the above posts, the new wheels look heaps better!

I can see what you mean about the drop - are you running the M-sport suspension? Looks a lot higher than mine which is only the Msport.

Wheels will look even better with the drop to emphasise the 18"!

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Yup full m-sport suspension, Once the roads are a little bit better around here I will drop it down and it will look a lot better.

Everybody is more than welcome to their opinion that's what the world is all about, The main thing is I wanted them thats why I bought them ;)

Also though the way I took the picture down low makes the car look a lot higher than what it actually is for some reason.

I like the new ones better... looking good.

You should bag it so you can be all gangsta and raise the car up to drive over buckled roads!

I like them both :D

I do agree that once its dropped a little its going to look sh*t hot!

Well done.

Yup full m-sport suspension, Once the roads are a little bit better around here I will drop it down and it will look a lot better.

Also though the way I took the picture down low makes the car look a lot higher than what it actually is for some reason.

It does look like it is sitting a bit higher than I would expect on m-sport suspension. Just a thought - did you take the photo straight after you had put the wheels on? or had you taken it for a drive in-between? Sometimes the suspension sits a little high after the car is jacked up and dropped down and needs a little drive for it to settle back to it's normal height.

Like it in both options Jason but the new ones for being 18's. As Jon suggested - did the car "settle" before taking the pic on the 18's?

It does look like it is sitting a bit higher than I would expect on m-sport suspension. Just a thought - did you take the photo straight after you had put the wheels on? or had you taken it for a drive in-between? Sometimes the suspension sits a little high after the car is jacked up and dropped down and needs a little drive for it to settle back to it's normal height.

Soooo Jon - what feet are on your car now? Or is it on blocks? :P

Never thought of that, Yes I did take the pic after it had been just dropped and they have now settled some what, Have of course been for a decent drive since and will get it in this week for an alignment. Will take another pic now see if it looks a tad better.

Edited by M-Spec

Pushing the car back and forward a few meters will work if you don't have an LSD dont necessarily need to drive it

So was going to give the car a clean the other day as the brake dust was turning the front end a tad on the black side, Thing is I thought they looked pretty bloody good black.

What do you think if I was to put these in and had them refurbed and changed to black. I know nothing about this process and if I got it done would get it done properly. I am assuming they would be powder coated ??.

A gloss finish or matt finish would be the other question.

I still want to lower the car a tad but am going to wait until our roads are a bit back to some normality.

What do you think ?? , So imagine the following picture but with them being black. Can't do photo shop stuff so you will have to do what we always used to do in our day and imagine.

Posted Image

I tried having a go at photo shopping the wheel colour however that photo has one wheel in the sun and one out. The rear wheel looks really bad when I do it as its over exposed.

Can you get a new photo with them both out of the sun ? .. same angle is fine.

Personally however the only wheel colour change thats going to suit is getting them pollished and clear coated or get whats called a shadow chrome which is a process of painting them black then applying a thin layer of high metallic silver over the top and then clear coating.

Some e39 m5 wheels are like this and it looks awesome.

Posted Image

Yup now that's what I am talking about, Love the look of those. Might have to look into this a bit further in terms of cost of getting them done etc.

Sweet, They take a little skill to get right as its hard to get the two paints even. Unfortunately paint process wise its more expensive than just straight paint. Arrow up here charges around 250 per wheel last time I looked at it. Makes an expensive total solution but looks really good. All the best looks do really :(

Looks good Jase, very nice.

Yep shadow chrome is the go. I have the same 18 wheels as Josh posted a pic of on the E39. I have seen the standard version on other cars & to me they don't look right - compared to shadow chrome variant

Sweet, They take a little skill to get right as its hard to get the two paints even. Unfortunately paint process wise its more expensive than just straight paint. Arrow up here charges around 250 per wheel last time I looked at it. Makes an expensive total solution but looks really good. All the best looks do really :(

Yup could be on the costly side but what isn't, At the end of the day its just money and I can't take it with me when I go so might as well enjoy it while I can. Will have a look around down here and see if anybody is up to the task, Would be a worth while to have it done.

With with some luck will be upgrading to an M3 (2004 - 2006) sometime this year and getting them done and put onto that would be the bees knees, Of course the car's color would have to match the wheels so I would be looking for a similar blue. (I love blue). :lol: .

Actually funny story , Missus said to me a couple of weeks back "Why don't you get one of those M3 things you have all ways wanted" , My reaction was hmmmmm ok what do you want. Turns out she wants us to go on a cruise to get away from chch for a month or so. I said sure sounds like a plan to me I will send you on the cruise and I can stay back here and "cruise" around in my M3 hahahahahahaha. But hey I could handle lounging around in the sun drinking things with umbrellas sticking out of them for a month, would be hard but guess I could handle it :rolleyes: .

With with some luck will be upgrading to an M3 (2004 - 2006) sometime this year and getting them done and put onto that would be the bees knees, Of course the car's color would have to match the wheels so I would be looking for a similar blue. (I love blue). :lol: .

fronts will fit an M3 but the rears won't unfortunately :(

fronts will fit an M3 but the rears won't unfortunately :(

Well that's handy to know, Might hold off then until I upgrade and go from there.