Sign in to follow this  
westy

The new 1 series.

reminds me of a turtle.

Edited by Jamez

They must be that bored at the design centre.......

Its sad new BMWs aren't really good looking in recent years, even Mercedes is coming up with superior designs, but of course Audi is on top of the game, all their cars look utterly fantastic.

Oh dear, oh dear, what is going on with that front? Looks like one of those cheap, crap, Chinese copies of a BMW. Not pleasing in any way, shape or form.

That MotoGP Safety Car however.... :wub:

Funny how the 1M has only just been launched in the current body shape when the new model is being released to the press?

Saw an X1 in the flesh yesterday parked outside a hotel. YUCK.

Gets my vote for the worst BMW ever made.

Posted Image

Looks 5,000 times worse than the picture in real life. In the picture it's almost bearable.

Perhaps the one I saw was a facelift model as I'm sure it had the butt-ugly front of the one Westy posted. A nz test car maybe?

The "butt ugly front" is obviously the new styling theme for BMW then, seems to be running through all of the range..

hmmmm dam .. knew this new '6 series' bender BMW designers are on at the moment would spread teh aids across the new FXX range ...

Looks like busted atshole

Mind you, nothing a full front bumper/cowling wouldnt fix.

Those headlights do NOT work with the kidneys, the lines are all wrong. Sort out that design mistake and I don't think it would look too shabby. No worse than the current 1 series IMO.

Bravo-

I like the X1 personally. They look sh*t in white with that ugly grey bumper. Get a decently optioned one in a nice colour (below) and they're a huge improvement.

Posted Image

On a side note, I saw a brand new left hand drive X1 being driven in town the other day. It had a registration plate as well (not dealer plate). Any theories?

Edited by kingkarl

Thank god none of us can afford to buy these cars and stick with our wonderful "older" cars. I wonder if people thought the same back in the 90s about the e30s/e36s. I still think the earlier e36s are horrible with the different colour body kit.

Ugly.

post-2618-1307674469.jpg

Thank god none of us can afford to buy these cars and stick with our wonderful "older" cars. I wonder if people thought the same back in the 90s about the e30s/e36s. I still think the earlier e36s are horrible with the different colour body kit.

Well, just like the poor old e60 5 series, it was hated on launch, but then it became the biggest selling 5 series ever. And when you see a mint kitted e60 now, they look bloody awesome, the best looking 5 of all. Some people look at a e30 and snore, we see awesomeness. We have a group here at bimmersport who like old bimmers, so none of the new models impress. I love my e30 and my e90, and I bought my wife a 1series, which I can tell you can out handle pretty much any e30 on here - despite what people think of it's looks. I predict the bangle era BMW designs are going to stand the test of time. The outgoing 6 series has more balls than the new one. Maybe like a good album, you may not love it on first contact, but once you get used to it, you'll love it.

I still think the earlier e36s are horrible with the different colour body kit.

Does that include E36 Coupes, in M spec guise?

The coupes are all I like from the E36 range, the 4 doors sedan and wagon I can't help but cringe when I see one, much like some of these latest BMWs.

The last 5 years of Audis on the other hand, I absolutely adore, I don't think theres one model I dont like. (Side from the A2, which we dont get here)

And when you see a mint kitted e60 now, they look bloody awesome, the best looking 5 of all. Some people look at a e30 and snore, we see awesomeness........ I predict the bangle era BMW designs are going to stand the test of time. .

Word. Totally agree.

Edited by E36V8

I dont think anyones argueing e60's or older 1 series here. We are talking about the FXX series of cars

Any car Humpadink is designing are starting to look more and more confused. None of them have had their lights done properly and this latest 1 series is starting to look something that was designed out of china or korea. (no offense intended)

The lifted lines and drapped sheet look is getting a bit tiresome and weird. Im sure theyll come out with a msport model that will hopefully sort it out but bmw m-technik has their work cut out for them with this one.

ok this is bad ... rear design lifted from subaru WRX, and whats up with all that space in the front under the lights, dont they know that bare paint on leading edges is a recipe for stone chips ?

I dont think anyones argueing e60's or older 1 series here. We are talking about the FXX series of cars

Any car Humpadink is designing are starting to look more and more confused. None of them have had their lights done properly and this latest 1 series is starting to look something that was designed out of china or korea. (no offense intended)

The lifted lines and drapped sheet look is getting a bit tiresome and weird. Im sure theyll come out with a msport model that will hopefully sort it out but bmw m-technik has their work cut out for them with this one.

ok this is bad ... rear design lifted from subaru WRX, and whats up with all that space in the front under the lights, dont they know that bare paint on leading edges is a recipe for stone chips ?

My point exactly.

When talking about the e60 and the previous 1, you may (or may not) remember exactly the same kind of reaction and detailed description on why they were soooooo bad and why Bangle must die.

Anyway, I don't think it is that bad. I think it will sell very very well. It'll be a case of judgement once I see it driving around. The buyers of the 1 series buy on colour and interior, trust me, I married one.

It's the new 3 series look which is the most important, that model is BMWs bread and butter.

I like all the newer BMWs, sorrounded by them everyday so you get used to them, the F25 is a steller car, absolutely stunning, the new 6 is also a huge improvement. There's nearly the same amount of F10s driving round here than E60s too.

The buyers of the 1 series buy on colour and interior, trust me, I married one.

That might explain why I see so many metallic brown ones with beige interiors. Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Saw one parked in front of a cafe where I was having breakfast today. A dark metallic gold. I tried really hard to, but I actually thought it looked pretty good. Surprised the hell out of myself.

Our one arrives this week, gonna be a good drive.