Sign in to follow this  
Garett

GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

looks bloody good dude

got my m42 turbo going today done 200km so far its very much a sleeper drives very nice i would post a pic but this is your build page i gave up on my build page too many tossers around, let them pull up beside a shitty looking silver e36 out west and have a go and see what happens lol

hahaha, thanks. its getting there

I think as the downpipe is so close to the coils it may be a good idea to run leads, a pic below of what i have got should be good with a custom bracket

post-2228-1346490331.jpg

What are those coils from?

You can come use my tig if you'd like to weld those tabs on

I think as the downpipe is so close to the coils it may be a good idea to run leads, a pic below of what i have got should be good with a custom bracket

if you stood the motor up it wouldnt be an issue

looks bloody good dude

got my m42 turbo going today done 200km so far its very much a sleeper drives very nice i would post a pic but this is your build page i gave up on my build page too many tossers around, let them pull up beside a shitty looking silver e36 out west and have a go and see what happens lol

Quit being a tosser and update it ya tosser.

PS this project is sweet as Garett.

Quit being a tosser and update it ya tosser.

PS this project is sweet as Garett.

thatll get you along way.......not

and this is about garett's build not mine so lets keep it that way :rolleyes:

They are standard BMW coils. I have a HT lead set up like this if anyone is interested in buying it.

You can come use my tig if you'd like to weld those tabs on

Pt number says the coils are from a e39 M5 and also other v8 bmws the set came off a e46 330i.

Cheers bro maybe one day soon. :D

if you stood the motor up it wouldnt be an issue

You keep saying this... haha. and you should update your sh*t i wana see some pics... :D

You keep saying this... haha. and you should update your sh*t i wana see some pics... :D

i could do but i wont dont mind helping those who appreciate it but theres very few of those these days enough of my crap love to come to hamilton one day and catch up with you as see some customers :)

Got a wee bit done today, put together doors, made my door barrels to match the key, put the hinges on and a few other things around the car. wish we longer weekend its never enough time...

My in the dark cold night spraying left a couple of run's in the paint but lucky they are in places you cant see :D

post-2228-1346567736.jpg

post-2228-1346567746.jpg

post-2228-1346567753.jpg

post-2228-1346567765.jpg

i could do but i wont dont mind helping those who appreciate it but theres very few of those these days enough of my crap love to come to hamilton one day and catch up with you as see some customers :)

Yeah sweet as, got to be in the weekend though. I should be getting my manifold back this week and weather permitting ill dig my engine out and give it a tidy up.

Looking for some race seats, New ones... cheap ones but good ones any reconmendations? I need 4 of them.

Right so i worked late tonight to get my engine together, ive decided not to run with the red coil leads for now, if i have any problems later due to heat i will use them. also not a fan of the red in my engine bay lol

post-2228-1347106043.jpg

post-2228-1347106053.jpg

post-2228-1347106060.jpg

Hey a friend of mine will be making me up some m50 intake flanges with injector holes, does anyone want or need any a pic below of what it will look like.

post-2228-1347106249.jpg

Edited by Garett

haha nothings free in this world james, not sure on the costings yet, ill let know soon :)

Ok so today i fitted my slotted discs, ran my brake pipes and clutch pipe bleed them up, was not as productive as i wanted but was up pretty late last night putting the engine together,

My m50 motor now has an m52 loom as it has knock sensors and a vanos plug which i sure i can find a use for. it was also a loom off an auto car, i went through and cut it out, there was a couple of wires what i dont know what to do with ill post a pic maybe some can tell me :)

Hey a friend of mine will be making me up some m50 intake flanges with injector holes, does anyone want or need any a pic below of what it will look like.

if you want quality you pay for it end of story

Where are you sending it to be coated? Epc in Christchurch is less than half the price of hpc.

Where are you sending it to be coated? Epc in Christchurch is less than half the price of hpc.

Pro coat in auckland

http://www.procoat.co.nz/black_satin.htm

I can imagine freight to christchurch would be a killer lol

Edited by Garett

They never replied to my email. Do you know how much it's going to cost you?

They never replied to my email. Do you know how much it's going to cost you?

I sent them the link to Facebook page they told me 300+gst which I thought was not to bad. That's manifold waste runners and down pipe.

Yeah that's cheap. I'm not sure if hpc`s prices on their website is outdated but I think they wanted 1100~ for manifold down pipe and turbine housing.

Anyone got any recommendations on clutch set ups?

Anyone got any recommendations on clutch set ups?

Sorry I don't have the time to go back through all the pages but what sort of power are you hoping for? Can either do a good single or a twin plate setup.