Sign in to follow this  
Garett

GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

I got gifted a new scatter blanket today, better safe than sorry. Cheers Mark Reid :)

Also ordered my new alloy radiator today

its also not legal for circuit and ltsa

New alloys radiators installed, going to have to run a seperate water bottle now...

post-2228-1353037084.jpg

Something about it not lasting long enough to overheat blah blah....

I wanna see thing rip skids and break stuff, hurry up all ready.

sh*t westy im going as fast as my account will let me haha

its also not legal for circuit and ltsa

Ok ill keep it for the drag strip and testing, cheers for the heads up.

Good things just arrived :D:D

Idea is to weld it all up then drill injector holes in case of any warping off the tube.

post-2228-1353108689.jpg

post-2228-1353108695.jpg

post-2228-1353108709.jpg

post-2228-1353108716.jpg

Good things just arrived :D:D

Idea is to weld it all up then drill injector holes in case of any warping off the tube.

nice work dude

wow.

Does the person who made them do other intake manifold flanges? I'm trying to get something made for a merc

What type of alloy is it?

wow.

Does the person who made them do other intake manifold flanges? I'm trying to get something made for a merc

What type of alloy is it?

Was a friend of mine, Its not something that he usually does. The alloy is tool alloy the best you can buy.

sh*t westy im going as fast as my account will let me haha

Just givin' ya shite. Ya doing oright.

Just givin' ya shite. Ya doing oright.

I know I know its funny sh*t keep it up. Your projects come a long way, looks good.

Cheers, good to hear.

Got the exhaust fitted the other week and first time view last weekend, i am very happy with it.

Also the last weekend i removed the engine with help from my lady friend who was on the tools, did quite good i might add, removed the manifold and taken it to get its 3" exhaust flange completely welded on as it was just tacked due to not enough room while on the car, i will be sending the whole lot off next week for heat proofing, also plan on putting the water to turbo and gates while the engines out to make things easier.

post-2228-1353910242.jpg

post-2228-1353910271.jpg

post-2228-1353910291.jpg

post-2228-1353910312.jpg

post-2228-1353910345.jpg

Cheers, good to hear.

Got the exhaust fitted the other week and first time view last weekend, i am very happy with it.

Also the last weekend i removed the engine with help from my lady friend who was on the tools, did quite good i might add, removed the manifold and taken it to get its 3" exhaust flange completely welded on as it was just tacked due to not enough room while on the car, i will be sending the whole lot off next week for heat proofing, also plan on putting the water to turbo and gates while the engines out to make things easier.

man theres a lot of tubing there

Plenty of heat gonna be coming off that bad boy.

Quite a lot of pipe alright, id say it will be getting pretty hot under the bonnet, i will send it away to get HPC coated black. may have to make some sweet bonnet vents lol

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the coating keep too much heat in causing damage to turbo etc? Or is that exhaust wrap?

I got mine coated and didnt notice any difference in heat.

Rain was boiling off my bonnet the other day. Might give any pesky cats a fright that think it will be nice and warm if they sit on the bonnet..

With turbo and gate how much doescthe manifold weigh? Cheers.

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the coating keep too much heat in causing damage to turbo etc? Or is that exhaust wrap?

Thats exhaust wrap on the manifold. down pipes ok to do.

Thats exhaust wrap on the manifold. down pipes ok to do.

Ah ok.

I talked to the guys at pro coat last week about getting my manifold coated but the guy overseas f**ked up there order and it will be a few more weeks before they get any more heat coating in, i guess im in the frame of mind that it is holding me up, but really there has got to be other things to do on it that can be done while i wait for the shipment to arrive. any ideas?

Got bored today after work and thought i'd slap some 225/35/19 tyres on the e66 19x10 rims i had here in the showroom just for kicks, hell of a stretch. then i put them on my race car just for shits,,, :P

post-2228-1354612768.jpg

post-2228-1354612780.jpg

With turbo and gate how much doescthe manifold weigh? Cheers.

Without the gates and turbo 20kg with the gates and turbo 25kg not including downpipe

I got mine coated and didnt notice any difference in heat.

Rain was boiling off my bonnet the other day. Might give any pesky cats a fright that think it will be nice and warm if they sit on the bonnet..

I dont think ill know any better weither there is any difference in heat as only will be run with coated. but it will look nice which is a plus :)

Haha yeah there is the cat next door which loves to sit on the bonnet, i can just see it funny as...