Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Highest mileage 7er e38 evvaaarr!?

Link doesn't work..... does now

Edited by *Glenn*

Holy rocker cover oil leaks Batman.... surely can't have much more life in it. Having said that Simon's old E34 540is is still driving round Christchurch with 400 odd k's on it!

Probably drives fine provided regular maintenance has been done. It also depends what sort of driving conditions this has been put under, short quick trips, or long motorway cruises - It can make quite a difference, but looking at it I would say the latter.

Have a look on some American car sale websites, you will find plenty of cars with 500,000kms+

I've seen many Lexus LS400's with ridiculously high mileage over there.

Im going to keep my e65 until 300,000 kms...

then eventually keep it as a lawn ornament hehe

Well theres no point selling it IMO, just not worth reselling and loosing out on depreciation

Just enjoy it and keep driving it!

My grandfather had a 1998 S500 he did 500,000 in and bugger all to it mechanically, Was still a great car to travel in. Highways serviced it its whole life and did whatever needed doing.

I've sat in Falcons and Commodores in Aussie ( Taxis) and they honestly feel like the whole ass end is going to fall out!

No substitute for quality

on my e38 im on 260k

nothing wrong apart from leaking thermostat housing which im going to replace this weekend

my e36 286k

has had radiator plastic cracking, sensors giving out, thermostat housing blow up, fan clutch replaced, valve cover gasket leak, windshield cowling replaced, control arms replaced, original battery died 2 years ago, driver chair back rest welding sheared off, gone through 2 alternators. hmm thats it

Well theres no point selling it IMO, just not worth reselling and loosing out on depreciation

Just enjoy it and keep driving it!

this is exactly what i think, enjoy the car for what it is.

My grandfather had a 1998 S500 he did 500,000 in and bugger all to it mechanically, Was still a great car to travel in. Highways serviced it its whole life and did whatever needed doing.

I've sat in Falcons and Commodores in Aussie ( Taxis) and they honestly feel like the whole ass end is going to fall out!

No substitute for quality

You hit two nails on the head. One car that had "whatever needed doing done" versus taxis that have minimal maintenance and no bushes/suspension/driveline joints replaced unless they fell out. Any car is only as good as its maintenance schedule.

Im going to keep my e65 until 300,000 kms...

Haha, good luck with that.

That E38 still has plenty left in it, will do another 4.

There was a 750iL for sale up here a year or two ago, had 520K on it. Was ex-estate agent.

My Bro in law drove it an reckoned you wouldn't know the milage on it without looking - it could have said 180K and you'd believe it. Of course he drives a Terrano, so he might have compared it to that.

My Mrs ex-impreza had 320K on it and was in better nick than my E39 with 114K. Only broke down once, when the fuel pump failed - and even then, it only stopped coz I told her to turn it off!

People have this hangup about milage, but it's the way it's been looked after that matters.

It's a NZ thing. NZers are the only people who have issues about milage, i couldn't care less to be honest.

It's a NZ thing. NZers are the only people who have issues about milage, i couldn't care less to be honest.

thats right , we think a car here with 200,000km is had it .

in uk its 200,000miles .

my e28 m535i with 515,000km and still going strong

People have this hangup about milage, but it's the way it's been looked after that matters.

Word!

You can tell it's mainly highway miles by the condition of the drivers seat (assuming it has not been recovered). There is minimal wear on the bolster and seat from someone hauling themselves in and out all the time.

That being said photos can always make a car look good.

What the market thinks matters, if it has an issue with mileage then you should care.

I'm guessing most of us here don't because we're already in for so much on our cars beyond what they could be sold for. And there will be more picking for us via people not being interested because of mileage :D