Sign in to follow this  
ugn

oh hey

hi guys

new member and first time bmw owner here.

used to admire bmw's from the late 80's and 90's when i was a teen but somehow never ended up buying one.

got into my hondas and toyotas and somehow only ten years later, have i finally bought one of my boyhood favourites, an e36 sedan.

it's a 328i auto at the moment but once iv'e done the manual conversion (couldnt find any manual sedans) and a few other bits 'n pieces i'll be looking forward to taking it down to hampton downs for a few laps every now and again.

anyway, any good places on the shore (apart from bmw) for servicing bmw's and that also have the right tools to reset the service computer thingamajigger etc?

cheers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very very nice car brother.

I missed out on auction finish time a while ago for an identically spec'd car in every respect save for it was manual.... went for $3800...

Great buy. Love the colour, wheels and just the overall clean tidy look.

:) & Welcome of course!

That's a stunning Looking e36 you've scored yourself.

I was alot like you when I was younger, was into old toyotas but loved the e36 shape but could never afford one untill I finished my apprenticeship. When I got qualified I brought my 328 and man do I love it! and I'm sure youl love yours too!

Welcome to the forum aswell

Good looking car. Bellars Motor Works off Constellation drive is good. Ken is ex BMW factory and easy going.

thanks for the welcome and compliments

i wanted to get one for less than $4k so that after the manual conversion it would have cost less than $6k but because of the spec, mileage and colour i decided to pay quite a bit more and that was even without viewing the car!

i had a friend in wellington look at it and bought it thinking that it wouldnt quite be up to my standards but was quite pleasantly surprised at how tidy it was when i picked it up

needs the hoodlining replaced, panel below the bootlid resprayed (bit of rust) and a good cut and polish but other than that it's pretty mint

would like to get rid of the boot spoiler though so will either get it removed and the lid resprayed or hopefully find a tidy spoiler-less montrael blau lid from a wrecker...

would also like to find some 8.5" M-Contours for the rear or failing that, get some other oem or bbs 18's

it's quite sluggish when it comes to the start and stop daily commuting but it's enjoyable to drive on the open road and i'm sure i will enjoy it alot more once it's manual

anyone keen on a tidy honda to fund my manual conversion? haha

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=500826512

Looks great mate, make sure you keep us posted on work you do on it. I gotta second Bellers Motor Works off Constellation.

Good looking car. Bellars Motor Works off Constellation drive is good. Ken is ex BMW factory and easy going.

Plus 1 with bellars great wkshop

Great looking E36 you have yourself there.

Also stunning Honda.

bit of an update!

- converted to manual (thanks to brent)

- de-spoilered

- some 3 series fitment style 5's (rare?)

a bit undecided on which wheels look better... opinions?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks great with both wheels but think I'd go with the style 5s.

Didn't take long for you to sort out a manual conversion, best way to have it tho

Welcome, saw the pic on nzh. Very tidy e36

Haha, as did I. More and more coming over from NZH. Welcome to the other side. Beaut E36 too!

Hondas for life

Edited by CSET

style 5's

lower the front 25-35mm

sweet

Edited by M5V8

I'm gonna be the oddball and say the other one that was on there originally looks better... but thats just me

I'm gonna be the oddball and say the other one that was on there originally looks better... but thats just me

+1

Looks great, but I would probably stick the wing back on, helps finish the E36 Sedan rear end off a bit.

thanks guys

but after much deliberation i decided to sell the style 5's as it seems the worse the fitment, the better they look (if you know what i mean)

so i'm rather sticking with the contours or now

deleted the airbox baffle and threw in a flat panel hi-flow filter this weekend so it's got a bit more growl and is actually a bit lighter on fuel

then it's off for a service tomorrow and if all goes well, i'll be installing the dobi front springs i bought today, over the weekend

@ CSET, there is still a honda in the family and there always will be