Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Just rescued this M325i

Untidy BUT all there (important bits anyway) '87 M325i

Thanks for the info guys (in my M325i I.D thread)

It popped up on TM at half 5 last night and by 9:15 i owned it, even in the dark i knew it had to be rescued.

Has a few minor issues (that i've found anyway)

No WOF, reg' on hold.

Goes well.

Now my problem is.......I DON'T WANT IT, but for the price i couldn't NOT buy it.

If someone wants it PM me, BUT i'm not giving it away. It won't be on TM, i'm putting it here because the BS community has been good to me with members supporting my business and all.

I would put it in the 'for sale' section but would have to put a price on it and i don't know what it's worth, hence why it's in here haha.

OR i'll wreck it, has all the good bits including black head lining.

post-3653-1349333800.jpg

post-3653-1349333809.jpg

post-3653-1349333818.jpg

post-3653-1349333829.jpg

post-3653-1349333838.jpg

Edited by bellicose

I was going to buy this but you beat me by about 30min!

Good score

PM me a price and I might take it off you. If you part it, first dibs :P

Edited by Lucan

Good score

Haha, so you know what i paid then.....or didn't pay B)

Always wanted a 325i Tech 1... wish i had some cash at the moment.

Nice score there, looks tatty but pretty straight from those pictures. As you say, all the important bits are there. Provided the bodywork isn't riddled with rust it should be very saveable, mechanicals are pretty straight forward.

Please let me know if you are at the stage of wrecking it.. would be shame for it to be broken into parts.

Always wanted a 325i Tech 1... wish i had some cash at the moment.

Nice score there, looks tatty but pretty straight from those pictures. As you say, all the important bits are there. Provided the bodywork isn't riddled with rust it should be very saveable, mechanicals are pretty straight forward.

Please let me know if you are at the stage of wrecking it.. would be shame for it to be broken into parts.

Yeah, haven't gone right over it yet. Being a UK import ( they seem to be rustier than most) i'm hoping body is ok.

Really don't want to part it as it's all there and should be a good starting point for a nice example.

Edit for spelling....damn you sausage fingers.

Edited by bellicose

Good score

Mystery solved ae Lucan haha.

Please don't wreck it. Id saddens me the amount of decent E30's being pulled down and parted out.. is good for current owners though.

If it were a F/L I would make an offer.

GLWS!

Please don't wreck it. Id saddens me the amount of decent E30's being pulled down and parted out.. is good for current owners though.

If it were a F/L I would make an offer.

GLWS!

Yeah Graham, i'm hoping it sells complete. Would be a shame.

Yes, I saw this too! I knew it'd be snapped up quickly.

Is it still running on 5 cylinders?

Haha, yeah mate i knew it wouldn't last on TM long that's why i was on his doorstep with the foldies in the dark.

The 5 cylinder thing is intermitant.

I live really rural so gave it a good "drive" on my road and it seems to clear. Doesn't get hot so i'm guessing injector or plug.

hope that the rust is curable!

I like ya not very subtle sabotage.

Any other negatives you'd like to mention.........saves me doing it aye.

Edited by bellicose

I don't understand how you rescued it..... You don't want it and plan to part it out?? Your profession is panel and paint, why don't you fix the rust have a mint car and make some money along the way.

Edited by André3000

I like ya not very subtle sabotage.

Any other negatives you'd like to mention.........saves me doing it aye.

Don't mean to sabotage anything mate, just wondered if it was anything serious. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Anyway, mint buy, keep us posted with the progress :)

I don't understand how you rescued it..... You don't want it and plan to part it out?? Your profession is panel and paint, why don't you fix the rust have a mint car and make some money along the way.

Pretty sure this whole time he has said "it would be a shame to part it out, I would rather on sell it"

Don't mean to sabotage anything mate, just wondered if it was anything serious. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Anyway, mint buy, keep us posted with the progress :)

No worries.

Pretty sure this whole time he has said "it would be a shame to part it out, I would rather on sell it"

Correct.

I got it to stop some pants dragging cap backwards retard getting their hands on and killing it.

Down here we have "skids" on at ferndene speedway at least twice a month (on tomorrow actually) and this would've ended up being "skid" fodder. Perfect candidate for the f**ktards down here.

Is the rego still current or did it lapse?

I'll give you 50% more than you paid for it as is :P

Is the rego still current or did it lapse?

I'll give you 50% more than you paid for it as is :P

It's on hold mate.

Tempting but not quite, problem is tho' you know kinda what i paid haha.

Gen Tech1s are getting very rare (world wide). Would be good to see you restore it you know youll fall in love with it :) If not sell it to someone whos gonna love it.

Gen Tech1s are getting very rare (world wide). Would be good to see you restore it you know youll fall in love with it :) If not sell it to someone whos gonna love it.

Yeah the plan is for someone who knows what it is to buy it.

I'll put my flame suit on and say........I've never liked E30s. Just a tad too small for me.

Down here we have "skids" on at ferndene speedway at least twice a month (on tomorrow actually) and this would've ended up being "skid" fodder. Perfect candidate for the f**ktards down here.

i went up a few months back, a few mates of mine were going to i humoured them and went along. neutral drive drops in standard v8 falcons, fires, skidding WAY after the red light, you name it. never again lol

i went up a few months back, a few mates of mine were going to i humoured them and went along. neutral drive drops in standard v8 falcons, fires, skidding WAY after the red light, you name it. never again lol

Yep. So you can imagine one of the f**ktards up here getting hold of it.

Yeah the plan is for someone who knows what it is to buy it.

I'll put my flame suit on and say........I've never liked E30s. Just a tad too small for me.

I know what you mean about them being small, I only just fit in mine really.. rather snug fit.

With the Sports seats you feel like you are almost touching the interior door panels..

For me its just about the Fun factor of them mostly.

My UK Import wasn't bad for rust, was all fixable for under $800, incl sunroof, around rear tail lights (inside boot).