Sign in to follow this  
Arma

This 745i

http://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/listing.as...;rewritten=true

Has anyone in here checked this 7 series out? It's been listed for a while (since August), looks decent and price is kind of OK. Just wondering why it hasn't been sold yet / if there's a catch to it / someone's checked it out and found stuff wrong with it.

Edited by Arma

I can give you the real reason it hasn't sold; the appearance - certainly not to my taste and probably a lot of other people.

It's also probably overpriced for a random 7'er import and coming up 11 years old.

Yea I suppose you're right. You mean the body look in general? I don't mind the looks, although I hate the headlight blue tint thing.

The flat tyre might be an indication as to overall condition...

Who do they let take pictures of their cars for sale?! FFS people who don't give a sh*t about their job drive me nuts.

Edited by NZ BMW

The flat tyre might be an indication as to overall condition...

Who do they let take pictures of their cars for sale?! FFS people who don't give a sh*t about their job drive me nuts.

And can potentially ruin the tyre if it's been driven on.

Some people should just stay in bed lol.

Price may be a tad high from my experiance, be a good car at the right price 15ish.

The kit is wrong.

I think that tyre is already rooted. WHY take a pic of it. Do you have to bring your own if you buy it?

Retards.

Ac Schnitzer made the kit and wheels. Save for the chance of it being replica kit

The car looks bad and whoever made it look like that should feel bad...

You mean:

Posted Image

The brown plastic in the interior is not to my taste, especially that steering wheel, and the front of the body kit really doesn't look like it matches. Not the worst looking 7 series out there though, there is always this http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-531362501.htm if you are into Black E65s

Looks awful, you can get a good NZ New car for that with a black interior.

Either way it wont be cheap to own in the long run.

That car looks awful with all that tacky kit, I would say they would have an easier time selling the vehicle by bringing it back to factory specification. Check this beauty out http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-531804242.htm

Very very hard cars to sell the 7er. With the age of them now and the expense in owning/running one, I have two of these cars (one 735i and a 745Li) from my experience they are an absolute fantastic car to drive & own. They are still miles ahead in terms of engineering/technology to any new japanese car today. And just as good as a F01 in terms of luxury & driving dynamics.

Make sure you purchase one with a very comprehensive service history & service receipts if possible, my first e65 I purchased 2 years ago and is still driving/looking like new with 242,000 KM's on the clock! (this is my daily driver) Not a single problem since I purchased the vehicle either. Flawless quality motoring I say and such a bargain at prices you can get them for now, you honestly feel just as good driving one of these compared to a F01. IMO I prefer the driving dynamics and interior in the e65 to the F01 call be biased but ive driven both and almost purchase a F01 (the prices on those have dropped significantly for a 2009) it's just a luck of the draw getting a e65 that doesn't crap out on you. Had a transmission leak on my 745Li (my weekend car) and this one didn't have service receipts or much of a service history. Must emphasize the importance of a full comprehensive service history!!!

Edited by tobytoblerone

I must be seeing a different car to you guys. i think it looks cool. AC Schnitzer bodykit and AC Schnitzer wheels, whats not to like, other than the matte black? the blue headlights not sure about either, but both of those are fairly simple to redo, my bet is it would have been gloss/metallic black from the factory anyways.

Id still own an A8 over one of these though.

You mean:

Posted Image

The brown plastic in the interior is not to my taste, especially that steering wheel, and the front of the body kit really doesn't look like it matches. Not the worst looking 7 series out there though, there is always this http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-531362501.htm if you are into Black E65s

Haha yeah I meant like that but couldn't be bothered finding the meme. But I would say this car looks better than the one you posted. *Cringe*

I like it - aside from the tinted headlights. Assuming I'd have to re-mortgage the house to buy a set of tyres...