Sign in to follow this  
Lachie

E39 M5.

Hi there,

It's taken me a while to get on here, I've been too busy driving my new beast.

I now have a much coveted E39 M5 in my possession. Kiwi new, 99, 4 owners, Avus blue, 127km when I bought it (up to 130 now following some amazing driving around Matakana/Kaipara).

One set of tyres down, going in for an alignment tomorrow as they were severely worn on the inside edge. Stock car. Looking at installing D99 bluetooth unit, any thoughts?

Glad to be here, any suggestions welcome.

Lachie

Edited by Lachie

Call in when you are in the Silverdale area. Keen for a look also interested to see if your M5 has had the software upgrade.

Can show you a Dynavin in action and explain other options.

Regards Ray

Edited by HELLBM

Call in when you are in the Silverdale area. Keen for a look also interested to see if your M5 has had the software upgrade.

Can show you a Dynavin in action and explain other options.

Regards Ray

Thanks Ray, I'm in Omaha so not far away. Keen for a look at your set up early in the new year. Let me know if you're keen for a catch up in/around SH16. Great drive between Kaipara and Warkworth. Lachie

Also, I'm keen to put some photos up. How do I do this as a new member? Have some good shots of Sabine clean and dirty. (Yes, her name's Sabine :D , google Sabine Nurburgring if you're unsure of origin). Lachie

Thanks Ray, I'm in Omaha so not far away. Keen for a look at your set up early in the new year. Let me know if you're keen for a catch up in/around SH16. Great drive between Kaipara and Warkworth. Lachie

Sounds good. I`d be keen to run diagnostics on your M5 to see how it compares to the setup in my M3 Cab `8M3`S62 powered M3

Give me a call 0212435526 after New Year.

Sounds good. I`d be keen to run diagnostics on your M5 to see how it compares to the setup in my M3 Cab `8M3`S62 powered M3

Give me a call 0212435526 after New Year.

Yep, keen to put her on the dyno and see what I need to do to get her 400+. Be in touch.

awesome to have another E39 M5 in the fold...

pictures?

One for my 10 car garage also!!

Just read Alex Roy's book when I was on holiday and decided mine would have to be Team Polizei Spec

There are 3 for sale on TM at the moment... They sit on my watchlist tempting me.

They sit on my watchlist tempting me.

You and me both!

You and me both!

And me....none for ages, and then 3 pop up...and I know of a 4th.

None of them tick all the right boxes though.

I've considered selling mine (had it for 4 years) but without spending at least double the money what can you replace it with? The obvious choice would be a M3 or RS4 but compared to my car the RS4 is missing a lot of spec. The M3 on the other hand has the spec but still asks quite a high price. Neither of them have the low-end shove either.

You'd have to pry my cold dead hands off mine.

I always find it amusing people always seem to throw in the line

"Probably the best xxxxxxx in the country"

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-548001097.htm

really? pre-FL with almost 200k's on her? best in the country?

I beg to differ buddy.

why pay $25k when you can have one for half the price?!

CLICK ME

edit: on a serious note... why not this M6?

Edited by QUBE

CLICK ME

Wow, I've been looking for one with 2 keys and an empty boot for ages. Looks like my luck's in.

CLICK ME

edit: on a serious note... why not this M6?

To be fair Kyu, that car is not a genuine M6 - it is a 635csi with a M88/3 engine added by an ex owner in Japan. It is rare though to have a M88/3 engine with a slushbox in a E24 shell.

One for my 10 car garage also!!

Just read Alex Roy's book when I was on holiday and decided mine would have to be Team Polizei Spec

I'm part way through his book now. Ha, yes Team Polizei livery would be pretty awesome... Only reinforces the love of the car. He's quite a good writer too.

He is indeed, would think a book about driving across country would have been bat sh*t boring but he makes it quite exciting, the chapter "Battle of Rome" is excellent. Be sure to check out the Youtube video of that chapter after reading it.

Wish BMW still offered cars like E39 M5, unfortunately they are too old and have too many KM's for me now, with the driving we do we could not afford to maintain one. Wonder what the modern day equivalent is, possibly a good low KM's M3 Saloon? The days of Manual and N/A are over.

Edited by apex

He is indeed, would think a book about driving across country would have been bat sh*t boring but he makes it quite exciting, the chapter "Battle of Rome" is excellent. Be sure to check out the Youtube video of that chapter after reading it.

Wish BMW still offered cars like E39 M5, unfortunately they are too old and have too many KM's for me now, with the driving we do we could not afford to maintain one. Wonder what the modern day equivalent is, possibly a good low KM's M3 Saloon? The days of Manual and N/A are over.

maybe this one

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-551368832.htm