Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Top Gear

And Jeremy Clarkson saying for the millionth time "this is the best car i have ever driven". i dont want to say it, but i will, i think JC has had his day.

Agreed... I feel he is just doing this stuff to satisfy his contract now days. The passion is gone.

He's been doing that for like 20+ years. He must have got sick of it but hanging in there for the $. Some say he gets paid UK$1m per season or some like that just for Top Gear TV program.

Its all good, we have a bunch of replacements.

Its all good, we have a bunch of replacements.

Brilliant

Latest ep reminds me of what it used to be like! Lewis Hamiltons lap is pretty awesome, as is Jeremy's short 'review' of the Holden Vectra, haha such a bland p.o.s.

Watched the 3rd ep the other day. Wonder how much Kia paid them for that 'review'!?! Talk about selling out...

Amusing to watch though.

Just watched the latest (well half a week old) episode and I'm constantly amazed by the price of 2nd hand cars in Britain.

This time for 1500 pounds, they managed to get 3 tidy looking wagons.

***spoiler****

An E39 528i touring, manual.

A bug-eye Impreza WRX

and a Volvo 850R!

An Impreza WRX for under $3k NZD!!!!!

Just watched the latest (well half a week old) episode and I'm constantly amazed by the price of 2nd hand cars in Britain.

This time for 1500 pounds, they managed to get 3 tidy looking wagons.

***spoiler****

An E39 528i touring, manual.

A bug-eye Impreza WRX

and a Volvo 850R!

An Impreza WRX for under $3k NZD!!!!!

I think the older cars are so cheap, because most of them are about to crumble from rust - There are guys scrapping E39 M5 because of rust! Sometimes the sills disappear entirely and the jacking points are GONE! Some of the trouble they have, are things like rear brake lines split from corrosion and stuck caliper bolts and stuff that we just don't get. All that salt makes EVERYTHING under the car look manky :(

I saw that episode, of course the first car to break down was the E39... FML

I did think at least when they cut the hole in the door "well that will make repairing the window regulator easier".

Just heard on the radio that 90mile beach is closed most of next week for these guys to do some filming

Just heard on the radio that 90mile beach is closed most of next week for these guys to do some filming

At a guess, that'll be TG Australia. Unlikely the UK one will come down here, but one can hope! I hope season 20 will be epic, 6 episodes a season is really too short.

I hadn't thought about the rust problem, that could very well be the case. Still, silly cheap...good for track car/thrash car.

POOOOWWEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!

I think the older cars are so cheap, because most of them are about to crumble from rust - There are guys scrapping E39 M5 because of rust! Sometimes the sills disappear entirely and the jacking points are GONE! Some of the trouble they have, are things like rear brake lines split from corrosion and stuck caliper bolts and stuff that we just don't get. All that salt makes EVERYTHING under the car look manky :(

Its also because new car prices and finance options are more attractive and they don't hold on to old pieces of crap like we do in NZ, a new BMW can be upto 45% cheaper and what we think is a premium car woth keeping for the badge is viewed as a Commodore type car to them.

Rust is a huge issue though, I was looking at a "how too" on a car the same year and millage as mine (2006 roughly 100,000km) and every suspension component was f**ked, all drop links were corroded, one of his springs had actually snapped, looked like a 50 year old car underneath!

Funny to imagine the situation that a lot of them don't even drive their cars in the winter months.

At a guess, that'll be TG Australia. Unlikely the UK one will come down here, but one can hope! I hope season 20 will be epic, 6 episodes a season is really too short.

I hadn't thought about the rust problem, that could very well be the case. Still, silly cheap...good for track car/thrash car.

Its TG UK

Edit - just watched part 1 - great episode!

The BMW looked great on those AMAZING wheels haha.

It is very sick the amount of car you can get for $4k there. The WRX was getting a caining when it was towing, was pretty cool to watch.

Edited by Nick G

Was a good episode (7)

That's it now until June/July 2013