Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

E46 M3 or Z4 M Coupe

Z4M Coupe.

Looks hawt.

Newer interior / iDrive???

Bigger Brakes (IIRC M3 CSL size rotors).

Stiffer front knuckles.

Looks hawt still.

I wouldn't have thought they were in the same price range as the typical E46 M3?

More like E90/92 M3 $$$? Can't say I've looked too hard.

Posted Image

Edited by E30-323ti

Z4M Coupe.

Looks hawt.

Newer interior / iDrive???

Bigger Brakes (IIRC M3 CSL size rotors).

Stiffer front knuckles.

Looks hawt still.

I wouldn't have thought they were in the same price range as the typical E46 M3?

More like E90/92 M3 $$$? Can't say I've looked too hard.

Posted Image

They're similar pricing.

Thanks for your input.

Z4 in dark blue or black.

no contest, driven niether.

I'd stick with m3... No hate on z4m. I think it looks awesome and I'm sure it's a better car *ahem* but an e46 was my dream car since I was 15... Only problem is now they are hard to find in good condition and now my new dream car is a 2013 M4.. Sigh... But yea only reason if stick with m3 over a z4m is I hate small cars.... But then again that blue z4m... Omg... So good lol.

(No helpful input to the thread whatsoever)

2 seats would be the biggest drawback for me. I can't see myself getting a Z4 M but was curious as to what other people thought. The price and mileage is attractive though!

Basically have a look at your life and how you use the car daily, how long your going to keep the car. Any future plans starting families etc

Can you get a good run out of it in the z4 ? if not maybe look at the m3.

I said to the wife yesterday, f**k it lets just ditch all plans and get the z4m haha. (was joking obviously)

I said to the wife yesterday, f**k it lets just ditch all plans and get the z4m haha. (was joking obviously)

You could have also added - "hey it's a practical car because it has a hatch back honey!!"

This one is a no brainer for me ... Z4M - fantastic looking car and for the money that one on trademe is asking, I don't know why anyone would want an E46 M3 plagued with subframe issues and easily 8x more km travelled.

Hell, you don't see the outside of the car when you are in it driving it and enjoying it. Plus it's faster than the E46 M3 and sounds just as fantastic.

Edited by M3_Power

being a e46 m3 owner, i wouldnt recommend one unless you dont mind spending silly amounts of money on it

as for the Z4M....not my cup of tea, that shape Z4 still screams mid life crisis or hair dresser

as for the Z4M....not my cup of tea, that shape Z4 still screams mid life crisis or hair dresser

+1! Bet it's an awesome car to drive... But I couldn't bring myself to get in it, even though I'm about due for a midlife crisis.

Haha, agree with the above comments but I can't argue with value. This is becoming more and more attractive! I like Tom's comment.

dunno man, looks pretty badass to me.

Posted Image

A soft top is midlife crisis ... not the m-coupe.

Thought about both before settling on m3 for two main reasons. First was rear seats and the second was having a contained boot for adding heavy stereo gear.

However ,Rear seat wise I've used it twice in two years other than for joy rides for family and friends. If four doors are required the wife's car is used. ( we have a 5 month old and the m3 doesn't really work for her yet )

The stereo gear comment is more about running a sub and the boot protection offered should the car roll. Don't want to be taken out by 30 kilos of sub box.

Performance wise it comes down to the person behind the wheel as I don't remember having problem staying with one of a track day. Conversely neither car seemed any better or worse corner , acceptation or braking. There isn't much difference from what I could tell

Styling wise , mcoupe is better in my opinion , the s54 used incorporates all of the lesions learnt from the earlier versions and uses later electronics. There aren't many mcoupes so they area bit more excusive. Also a newer model of car.

I don't believe they have the hair dresser look of the z3 convertable

For pure appeal the z4 wins hands down...the m3 is average by comparison

being a e46 m3 owner, i wouldnt recommend one unless you dont mind spending silly amounts of money on it

+1! Bet it's an awesome car to drive... But I couldn't bring myself to get in it, even though I'm about due for a midlife crisis.

I think you guys might have confused it with a roadster/convertible.......

I'd do the 15,000km mcoupe . A lot of car and not many km's for the price

Everyone has an M3, not many have a Z4M. They do look pretty badass and no way a hairdressers car imo. but it all depends on how practical it is for you.

BMW M cars have generally appealed to those who prefer to "hide their light under a bushel" - an M3 could pass by most people and they'd have no idea what an awesome performance car it is. I like that about it. Same with my M5. The Z4M would appeal to those who prefer to shout about their performance car a bit more (and don't mind having no back seat).

I think you guys might have confused it with a roadster/convertible.......

What self-respecting hairdresser would have a convertible that would mess up their do every time they drive to a wine bar? They'd love a little tiny coupe with no back seats.

I agree, would much prefer an E46 M3.

Sure I appreciate the awesomeness that is under the body, CSL stuff etc, but there's really nothing at all that appeals to me about the shape.

As Elmo has said, I would feel pretty fking queer pulling up to the lights in this thing.

The Z3 M Coupe was a little riskier than the Z4 which I can appreciate.

Edited by Hi-Tek

+1 for M3. Been my dream car for a long time now too!

+2 m3 all the way...not a huge fan of any of the zed cars, they look um gay