Sign in to follow this  
MD13

E30 m3

That one's been on TM for a while now. Think it started off at like 50k? Price has been reducing since

Yeah have seen that on there for awhile - Looks like a lovely car. Maybe one day.

It was a members on here, Dylan M3 I think.

Didn't notice the seats... They look to me to be recovered Recaro's from a Honda Type R!

Looks well done but given that it's non standard I'd think that would bring the price down.

• Like 1

From the photos those seats look like the E30 M3 Evo II or Evo III seats which are schweeeet!! And if they are what I think they are they would push the price up a considerable amount, not down.

After following prices on E30 M3s for a while I would say this is car is worth every penny of that $39k, due to it's condition and the overall spec of the car - good colour, great interior, some nice goodies - still pretty stock. Only thing that lets it down is the gearbox which I am pretty sure is not a dog-leg (Jap spec was 265/6 overdrive box), which is more sought after by collectors.

Wish I had the cash to buy it... and far too nice to convert into a race car, so I would need another one for that!!

• Like 1

Japan is funny like that, they imported Euro only specials in LHD form because it is considered to be luxurious. odds are, that would be a dealer spec M3 too.

• Like 1

The Evo seats are probably Recaro made, so the same as other models, it would be the trim that determines if they were for the M3 I guess, only way to really tell would be the part number on the seat somewhere.

This is a cloth trimmed version..

post-2707-0-16151800-1384299634.jpg

You can see the shape, cut out for harness, etc. is all the same. Very comfy as well!

And as others have said, the E30 M3 went into Japan as LHD from factory, all E30 M3s were LHD from factory, although there are some that say the two Japanese special RHD cars were "factory"!

Japan spec was the same as the US spec I believe, only two variations were "Euro" or "US". Cars could then be specced with different options over and above those specs.

So much noob for one thread.

So much noob for one thread.

Says Mr. 6,252 posts...

Yes, I think we can safely say those seats are probably the same as some other cars of the same era. Try finding the correct cloth or leather to trim them for the M3, rather than those horrendous Jappa colours!

Would rather something like this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-M5-3-8-346BHP-1992-Left-Hand-Drive-LHD-/291001975252?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43c111c1d4

Mainly because who wants an M3 that is only good for sitting in the garage and photo shoots. It needs be hooned.

Edited by driftit
  • Like 1

The car is ollies (hi-tek's) old car .. he restored it from standard. The seats are Genuine OE M3 EVO III Recaro SR2's that came with the car rom japan. Ollie had them recovered by Retro vehicle enhancements.

Nice to see the LMs are with the car again. (I think as these were sold separately to the car when he moved it on as the new owner hated them :/ )

Nice to see the LMs are with the car again. (I think as these were sold separately to the car when he moved it on as the new owner hated them :/ )

Hmmm seems hes using Ollie's wifes' old photos with genuine LMs on it but the ad says he has fake LMs on it instead ... :wacko:

I see that m3 around a lot as he lives in my suburb. Seems to be daily driven so i wonder really how much its changed since those photos were taken. Havnt had a good chance to look at it up close but still looks pretty damn nice driving around.

Hmmm seems hes using Ollie's wifes' old photos with genuine LMs on it but the ad says he has fake LMs on it instead ... :wacko:

They are my photos, very old now....and I'm not Ollie's wife :wacko:

• Like 1

If its the car im thinking of, i see it around a lot, and TBH it still looks as good as it does in the pictures. Sounds sex too!

They are my photos, very old now....and I'm not Ollie's wife :wacko:

haha .. sorry phil got that mixed up with a set she did. :)