Sign in to follow this  
Mark

For Sale: E34 535iSE manual - 128,000 k's

Hey all,

Don't want to do this... but have an opportunity to get hold of my dream BMW, so sacrifices must be made!

1990 BMW 535iSE (build date 1988)

5 speed manual

128,000 k's (genuine)

Black leather

Full toolkit

OBC

Heated seats and electric driver's side lumbar adjustment

Factory alarm

New Sony stereo (amber orange backlight to match speedo etc, will give original Blaupunkt to new owner too)

17" Style 5's with pretty much brand new Pirelli P-Zero’s on front and barely worn Dunlop Sportmaxx on the rear

New VTNZ warrant Jan ‘14

Maintenance:

Water pump / thermostat / all cooling and radiator hoses replaced

New battery

New fuel filter

New spark plugs

Regularly serviced (last service Dec ’13)

Car is in exceptional condition for age (doubt you’ll find another example with just 128,000 k’s and in manual), but bear in mind it’s 25 years old so there are a few things that need doing:

- Blower fan only works on speeds 3 and 4, sword resistor needs replacing or repairing.

- WOF inspector noted that the rear trailing arm bushes may need replacing in near future.

- Paintwork is original and very good, some stone chipping and light scratches. But looks amazing from three feet away.

- Has typical wiper rack issue with E34’s where the wiper arms contact the edge of the bonnet. Matt has had success with adjusting the wiper arms on his so might give that a go first.

- Wheels could use a refurb if you’re fussy.

Throwing it up here first because I’ve had PM’s in the past from people wanting to know if I’d sell the car. Well, here’s your chance!

Asking $7000 ono.

PM me for further details or contact info if you wish to chat.

post-2031-1325480635.jpg

post-2031-1338774960.jpg

post-2031-1338774970.jpg

post-2031-1338775059.jpg

post-2031-1338775071.jpgpost-2031-1338775085.jpg

post-2031-1338775097.jpg

post-2031-1338775109.jpg

post-2031-1338775122.jpg

post-2031-1338775134.jpg

post-2031-1338775144.jpg

post-2031-1338775152.jpg

post-2031-1325384025.jpg

post-2031-1325384020.jpg

post-2031-1326334043.jpg

Edited by _Mark_

I never thought id want an e34, but this thing is rad dude! Glws!!

What are you upgrading to? M5?

Lols - that was my thoughts too Tyler, like if this gem is what you're selling, then what you're buying must be unreal.........

GLWS.......beautiful car!!

Good to see this tidy old beast again. GLWS

Oh wow. Someone is going to get a deal. If only I was allowed another car.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, it's a bloody nice car and a shame to sell...

Looks new! But no a\c... Shocking :ph34r:

Yes, UK import when very new ... not sure if tourist delivery vehicle (has a km/h speedo) or what, but obviously no air con because of the cooler climate in the mother country. I only drive it in nice weather with the windows down and sunroof open anyway so has never bothered me.

What are you upgrading to? M5?

Not quite, but to me it's pretty close in terms of sentimental value.

I already have few pics of his new car, seems like mark wants to keep it a mystery....mark you should have asked for more on trademe

Had a "discussion" with some moron who decided to get all "keyboard warrior" on it and ruin my auction with his petty obsession about what counts as low kilometres. Heres hoping genuine buyers will look past the rubbish.

BTW happy to negotiate price with BS members. :-)

Thanks for your support little bro.

As youve read in the questions, the speedo may have been swapped (If it was originally sold in Germany then it hasnt been). But the odo reading is genuine as that cant be tampered with.

Edited by _Mark_

Just read the Q&A. Well done on keeping your temper!

I was being sarcastic. Not sure what tells anyone it's not genuine. 8000km per year till registered here in NZ isn't exactly a suspicious milage.

Seems fine to me but you could take out the cluster and take a picture of the coding plug(should have the 7 digits on your VIN on it) if you really wanted too.

^Fantastic advice. Thank you.

But What a rigmarole to just appease one guy who wasnt going to buy the car anyway haha! :)

• Like 1

Be aimed more at potential buyers who might be put off by it like you mentioned

Great looking car, if I could think of an excuse, I probably would. However, a new baby in 2+ weeks and 5 cars in the driveway say no.

Didn't these things have a "tamper" dot on the speedo, or am I remembering a fallacy?

they do but that's not enough for some obviously.

They suppose to have them iirc but Ive yet to see a tamper dot come on in an E34 even after swapping coding plugs and clusters around.

yes and its possible to reprogram them with whatever you like too. how do you think they do it if your cluster dies and you get the dealership to put a new one in, it doesnt start at zero again