Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

1995 Avus Blue 540iS ~ it's on sale again, FINALLY!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/540is/auction-694895064.htm

check this minter out, pity the prat didn't show the plates.

but i am 99% sure this was the same one on sale on trademe a few years back

Pretty sure it is the one in the list here :- http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/27687-540i6-e34-in-new-zealand/

Very nice and well maintained car. $18K's getting up there though.

Very nice and well maintained car. $18K's getting up there though.

+1

When a E39 M5 can be had for not much more $........

That is bloody gorgeous though!! Want

Its only about 4k off that pale blue M5.... so although its nice, its way over priced.

If this is the car I think it is its prolly the best condition e 34 in the country

Its Ross at bmworkshop , used to be borris one before that , very mint

Seems like everybody is deciding to sell their E34 540i manuals at the same time

Damn but that's rather nice though............bigtime!!!

Edit. Whys it got a tri-spoke steering wheel do ya reckon, rather than the 4 spoke one the later E34's have......??? Spec level thing........???

Edited by Blue-540i

Seems like everybody is deciding to sell their E34 540i manuals at the same time

The long term e34 bear market is about to shift into 6th gear

Brent is correct this is Ross's car and lived in the South Island prior to Boris purchasing it around 4 years ago. Look I don't think it is fair to call someone a prat just because they don't show the plates. He has been up front about the vin number so anyone can check its authenticity.

It is a fabulous car and one of the best of its kind in NZ.

Yes agreed the price is slightly punchy. However this car has been loved its whole life and deserves to be marketed at a premium for what it is. I have seen some of these being marketed as high as 14-15k and were comparatively baggy.

It is sad that there aren't too many e34 m5's in NZ as tidy as this example.

• Like 3

Brent is correct this is Ross's car and lived in the South Island prior to Boris purchasing it around 4 years ago. Look I don't think it is fair to call someone a prat just because they don't show the plates. He has been up front about the vin number so anyone can check its authenticity.

It is a fabulous car and one of the best of its kind in NZ.

Yes agreed the price is slightly punchy. However this car has been loved its whole life and deserves to be marketed at a premium for what it is. I have seen some of these being marketed as high as 14-15k and were comparatively baggy.

It is sad that there aren't too many e34 m5's in NZ as tidy as this example.

well spoken and correct :)

• Like 1

One of the owners would wash the car,but not close the doors till the next day,so they would dry

for heavens sake...no such bloody thing as a 540is...even tho big noters in fancy pants call 'em that

for heavens sake...no such bloody thing as a 540is...even tho big noters in fancy pants call 'em that 

Quite true,tho a well known spec in nz,the bmw dealers called them that.My 1990 535 was registered as such

for heavens sake...no such bloody thing as a 540is...even tho big noters in fancy pants call 'em that

BMW NZ called these cars a 540IS, and they took the time to register them from new, as a 540IS (Well, a 540IS 6SPD SEDAN to be exact). People who own them now, tend to refer to them as a 540IS, which is their cars designated model, and a fairly standard practice.

So in your scenario, is it BMW New Zealand who are the "big noters in fancy pants" or are the current owners the “big noters in fancy pants” to which you refer?

Edited by Rumblefish

Popcorn ordered...................... :rolleyes::D:) personally I'm inclined to agree with Steve's take on it.........and Paul's..........

I like my popcorn salted...with extra melted butter :)

Edited by Rumblefish

my question would be, what did BMW AG call them? that is the question that matters.

I would be inclined to think, BMW NZ, would not have been allowed to give a Model designation without BMW AG's approval at some level.