Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

1995 Avus Blue 540iS ~ it's on sale again, FINALLY!

my question would be, what did BMW AG call them? that is the question that matters.

I can assure you that my 1990 535 motorsport was called a 535is in both the documentation that came with the car and the registration.

To be honest who gives a f**k what it is or isn't. I might go buy an AMG badge and stick it on the 540 and I'll ask vtnz to make sure that when it gets relicensed it says bmw 540 AMG, this is an amazing car although I wouldn't spend that on it I'm sure someone will. I'll get back on my fence now

• Like 1

Now that's funny!!!! I think the glue fumes from sticking on that AMG badge might be starting to get to ya dude, cos I see lots of merit in your revinning it as a E39 540is auto...........now THAT is sooooooooooooo gonna be rarer than rocking horse poos........... ;):)

Well it has no badge so i could rename what ever I wanted could have a 540 m5 or I could make a 544i badge and have the only 544i in the world

Using "iS" just makes it easier to ID how its spec'd, don't see the problem. Like the 318is, 325is, 535is etc they are all cars that have certain options the came std.

Well it has no badge so i could rename what ever I wanted could have a 540 m5 or I could make a 544i badge and have the only 544i in the world

Yes, you can badge it whatever you want. Still doesnt make it anything other than the 540i it is.

Yes, you can badge it whatever you want. Still doesnt make it anything other than the 540i it is.

It has nothing to do with the badge, or opinions - they are in fact a model, albeit a model determined by the options they were ordered with, a 6 Speed Manual, M5 Body Kit, MTech Suspension, Sports Seats and Sports Steering Wheel - the model was called a 540IS...12 of these cars were sold new in NZ, and the cars were registered, by BMW NZ, from new as a 540IS – Whatever you think, It's a fact, and opinions don't change facts.

It has nothing to do with the badge, or opinions - they are in fact a model, albeit a model determined by the options they were ordered with, a 6 Speed Manual, M5 Body Kit, MTech Suspension, Sports Seats and Sports Steering Wheel - the model was called a 540IS...12 of these cars were sold new in NZ, and the cars were registered, by BMW NZ, from new as a 540IS – Whatever you think, It's a fact, and opinions don't change facts.

just FYI, i was not arguing the fact that the 540iS is a model, i was arguing that sticking an M5 or 544i badge on a 540i doesnt make it anything different.

In saying that though, Yes, the cars were indeed registered as a 540iS, but its a well known fact that when first registering a car you can put almost anything on the rego label. Doesnt mean it is one. Its like when people register cars as 540iA.... because its an auto.

• Like 1

Some twat at BMW first registered my car as "BMW M3COUPE 3.2 M3COUPE 3.2" and now VTNZ won't change it to something more sensible. Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside people's heads. .

That model description suggests your car is an import to me and not NZ new?

VTNZ can't change the description, but some twat at BMW could, if you asked them nicely.

I must of course, apologise to rjfl. His Avis Blue e34 is magnificent in every way and is worth every penny...good luck with the auction

Edited by michhod

Some twat at BMW first registered my car as "BMW M3COUPE 3.2 M3COUPE 3.2" and now VTNZ won't change it to something more sensible. Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside people's heads.

What's on the tag is irrelevant if you have the chassis number and know what it originally came equipped with. And since you can up-spec with factory parts the VIN can't really give you the complete picture either.

I have a 325iQW, it's very rare.

"Quick Wheels"?

That's better than what I'd come up with.

Can't change it either.

my favourite are the "BMW 318i M3" that come in

A friend has an altezza that he imported in 09. And due to a paperwork mix up it was registered as a 2001 toyota homebuilt trailer.

Took 9 months to get fixed and was only corrected because he argued the right to pay trailer registration fees

• Like 1

I miss my E34, this could be a good rebound option.

If it's as mint, it's worth the money. Less hassle than an M5 and just as interesting.

I miss my E34, this could be a good rebound option.

If it's as mint, it's worth the money. Less hassle than an M5 and just as interesting.

When I saw it was was as good as new.At that time it woulda been the cleanest e34 in NZ

A friend has an altezza that he imported in 09. And due to a paperwork mix up it was registered as a 2001 toyota homebuilt trailer.

Took 9 months to get fixed and was only corrected because he argued the right to pay trailer registration fees

Somebody buy this man a beer. Funny how these people can pull finger when it means they start loosing out on a little bit of coin.