Sign in to follow this  
bennz

Engine performance booster modules

Hi all,

I have a 2013 F20 116i auto and was looking around to see if there are some tuning to increase torque and HP.

I came across few brands such as Hartge , AC Schintzer and another one , they all seem to be adding some torque and power at very high revs and speed and not much at lower end ( 1500-3500 RPM and between 40-100KM) . I wonder if anyone has any experience with these products and has any recommendations?

I havent seen anywhere in NZ having those kits , but it seems easy enough to purchase and install . But are they worth $3k ???

Thanks

WOULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN MUCH EASIER TO GET SOMETHING WITH AN ENGINE BIGGER THAN A SEWING MACHINE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

• Like 3

lol so true Geoff.

sell the car.

aquire $45k

spend $20k on an S54 E30 - more than enough power and fun to keep you entertained.

spend $25k on hookers and blow.

• Like 1

I am not going to be a brainless boy racer ;)

Just want to be able to get the most of what the car has offer.

So best would be replies from those have experience and tried those products.

Thanks

I am not going to be a brainless boy racer ;)

Just want to be able to get the most of what the car has offer.

So best would be replies from those have experience and tried those products.

Thanks

What a shame Bimmersport is full of "brainless boy racers"

take the advise or leave it.

Id be surprised here has experience tuning your car\motor. For 3k i wouldn't bother myself, gains on N\A 1.6L BMW aren't going to be very good.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have a 2013 F20 116i auto and was looking around to see if there are some tuning to increase torque and HP.

I came across few brands such as Hartge , AC Schintzer and another one , they all seem to be adding some torque and power at very high revs and speed and not much at lower end ( 1500-3500 RPM and between 40-100KM) . I wonder if anyone has any experience with these products and has any recommendations?

I havent seen anywhere in NZ having those kits , but it seems easy enough to purchase and install . But are they worth $3k ???

Thanks

your vehicle is probably still under a warranty, I'd refrain from DIY, or non approved installers in NZ , this should be detailed in your policy

Edited by JKSE

Thanks Eagle and JKSE ,

I believed using the mod will not alter the warranty but I will check with the dealer.

lol so true Geoff.

sell the car.

aquire $45k

spend $20k on an S54 E30 - more than enough power and fun to keep you entertained.

spend $25k on hookers and blow.

Excellent consumer advice on the hour.

Interesting when comparing a thread about a topic like this on a NZ site and a UK site .

Thanks all for the info but obviously no joy here . Cheers

• Like 2

Interesting when comparing a thread about a topic like this on a NZ site and a UK site .

Thanks all for the info but obviously no joy here . Cheers

Sorry to hear, some of us are joyful :)

Ring up Hi-Velocity, Torque Performance or NZ Performance Tuning

F20 116i's got a turbo rite?

Hi all,

Thanks

crap power at low RPM is likely just a characteristic of your engine. Small displacement engines arent really known for having masses of torque or power down low. Thats what big displacement engines are good at. Just look at Honda engines; nothing down low, party up top.

i say enjoy the car as it is, for what it is and upgrade later on.

Thanks all for relevant response.

The power at low RPM is not crap actually at low RPM. Quite responsive for the engine type.

I just wanted to get the most out of it by adding some non-intrusive and heavily modified tuning. That's all

Tough crowd.

I know nothing about the car (not the first in this thread I'd venture) but Gavin @ Hi Velocity might be able to help.

He's in the bum crack Auck (somehere down south way who knows what they call it....).

Most of the new gen BMW ECU's cant be tuned via ECU reprogramming...yet, only option is piggy back right now.

Some cars do have the option of a factory ECU upgrade for more power.

• Like 1

Most of the new gen BMW ECU's cant be tuned via ECU reprogramming...yet, only option is piggy back right now.

Some cars do have the option of a factory ECU upgrade for more power.

Thanks , I meant those piggy back modules. so is the ECU upgrade available via the dealer and for F20 116i?

Thanks , I meant those piggy back modules. so is the ECU upgrade available via the dealer and for F20 116i?

Call you local dealers parts dept and ask is the way to find out. Will need to check via rego.

Seems there is no upgrade for 116i . I keep enjoying what i have and maybe save for a new M3 haha

.....or the hookers & blow. Don't forget them.

• Like 1

Thanks for your concern guys for in terms of hookers and blows ;) I shall post in the right forum if i never need assistance .

I tend to buy new cars as I tend to see the phrase : one man's junk , other man's treasure, doesnt be applied to me :) Thats why i work to earn

Thanks for your concern guys for in terms of hookers and blows ;) I shall post in the right forum if i never need assistance .

I tend to buy new cars as I tend to see the phrase : one man's junk , other man's treasure, doesnt be applied to me :) Thats why i work to earn

Your posts make as much sense to me as your choice of engine

• Like 3