Sign in to follow this  
central3

E46 M3 won't sell - SOLD, SOLD, SOLD

So the M3 sold to a guy from Grey Lynn - give him a wave/toot/flash when you see him around. Sold off most parts too so got a pretty good settlement all things considered (i.e. current market value for these cars). Still have stock suspension, personalised plates (I BMW3 I), cam tools (cam alignment, cam check, valve shim tool) and diagnostics computor to move, any interest please send me a PM. Sad day yesterday handing over the keys but gone to a good home

post-3258-0-23514800-1399181465.jpg

Edited by central3

The price is right. Worth every cent with all the work already done. Unless you are desperate do not budge, I`m sure the new owner will be along soon.

It needs to be sitting at Hellbm where many potential buyers come and go.

• Like 3

Such a beautiful car...

Great value for those that understand what they are looking at, for sure.

Worth every penny if not more.... Just such a small group of buyers out there its hard to find one, but as ray says one buyer will come along soon.

And if i could afford another loan :wub:

Would love to have it, but nowhere near being able to afford it.

To be honest if I was in the market to spend over $30k on a car, it would be hard to justify buying an E46 M3 over an E90 335i...

I'd probably still get the M3 though...

To be honest if I was in the market to spend over $30k on a car, it would be hard to justify buying an E46 M3 over an E90 335i...

I'd be picking the E46 M3 as well

The car challenge is always the real real enthusiasts market is thin

Most want easy plug n play hence 335 popularity which as with all later models the upper end models supersede the earlier cars performance (but not appeal or styling)

See early jags, mgs, tvrs, etc. Even Harleys

All aside I'm going to make an M3 happen - at the time part of the challenge is choice comes later model price collapse compressing earlier models

Aside from extreme early ferraris cars arent investments - like art I believe buy what you enjoy

• Like 1

I wonder if the way you've phrased your sales pitch is potentially deterring buyers? To someone that understands the weaker points of the E46 M3 your ad is reassuring, but for someone that knows nothing about the car other than it's scary fast perhaps it's subliminally raising a red flag?

111,000 km on a 12 year old car is still only 9,000km p/a. Realistically speaking, the motor is only just run in. At 25k that would have to be the steal of the year :)

• Like 2

I wonder if the way you've phrased your sales pitch is potentially deterring buyers? To someone that understands the weaker points of the E46 M3 your ad is reassuring, but for

someone that knows nothing about the car other than it's scary fast perhaps it's subliminally raising a red flag?

111,000 km on a 12 year old car is still only 9,000km p/a. Realistically speaking, the motor is only just run in. At 25k that would have to be the steal of the year :)

I was thinking the same thing; then again I think the purchaser will be an enthusiast.

Edited by TJ*

At 25k I to would be in there tomorrow. My mate bought his very tidy nz new full

History 2002 m3 done 130k for 22k

^ well I'd probably buy it for 25k tomorrow but I think the OP needs more than that.

At 25k I to would be in there tomorrow. My mate bought his very tidy nz new full

History 2002 m3 done 130k for 22k

Not the one that used to have the WOTT plates on it, was it?

I was thinking the same thing; then again I think the purchaser will be an enthusiast.

Agreed. It's a shame Tardme won't allow links to other sites, an abridged version of the project thread on this car would be all the sales pitch anyone would need. Back in the market for an E46 by any chance? ;)

Agreed. It's a shame Tardme won't allow links to other sites, an abridged version of the project thread on this car would be all the sales pitch anyone would need. Back in the market for an E46 by any chance? ;)

With the amount of money that's about to be spent on the E92 I suspect I'll have it for another 30 years. :blink:

• Like 1

I wouldn't lower price. If I wasn't addicted to damn 5 series, I'd be all over this M3.

It's probably my favourite E46 M3 in NZ at the moment.

Fitted with genuine AC Schnitzer coil over suspension and genuine BMW CSL rims, Pirelli P-Zero tyres (near new) and spacers front and rear (all certified).

^ Nice!

That's a beautiful car with so much goodness thrown at it. I think you may struggle to get much value out of that goodness though from the casual buyer. I think your market at that price is a very specific buyer, one that understands and wants all the same goodness.

Do you still have the original parts? If so you could swap them on, drop the price and sell the aftermarket parts separately. You'll still struggle to get your investment back on the maintenance though. :(

I have been selling the original parts off as the people who have viewed is so far are keen on the car as it sits versus stock. The plan has been to recover what I can from the parts and wait for the right buyer

It would certainly make a real nice daily driver.

The price is right. Worth every cent with all the work already done. Unless you are desperate do not budge, I`m sure the new owner will be along soon.

It needs to be sitting at Hellbm where many potential buyers come and go.

Cheers Ray - yes it would get musc better exposure at yours than mine (last census my town had 960 permenant residents). Problem with yours is that I would turn my back and it would have a S62 in it - hmmm............

Would have agreed until I drove a 335 - very nice but not a sports car

I wonder if the way you've phrased your sales pitch is potentially deterring buyers? To someone that understands the weaker points of the E46 M3 your ad is reassuring, but for someone that knows nothing about the car other than it's scary fast perhaps it's subliminally raising a red flag?

Yes I thought about this - might keep it simple next TM sale cycle

• Like 1

Nope. Not sure which one that was thoug?

Not the one that used to have the WOTT plates on it, was it?

Problem with yours is that I would turn my back and it would have a S62 in it - hmmm............

I'm struggling to see the problem :D

• Like 2

Are you in a hurry to sell? if not just wait, you will get your price.

Cheers

I have been selling the original parts off as the people who have viewed is so far are keen on the car as it sits versus stock. The plan has been to recover what I can from the parts and wait for the right buyer

I'll swap you stock 19" + cash :)

Edited by Nick G

Haha i was thinking the same thing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't budge. The price is right for your car. It will sell to someone who knows what they're looking at. Someone who just wants to buy a cheap M3 can buy one for $25K and then watch it cost them twice yours in 5 years on maintenance.

• Like 1

I'll swap you stock 19" + cash :)

Sorry but Ray scored those early on - will update my BS add

Don't budge. The price is right for your car. It will sell to someone who knows what they're looking at. Someone who just wants to buy a cheap M3 can buy one for $25K and then watch it cost them twice yours in 5 years on maintenance.

Cheers - I am staying firm on my price but (elephant in the room!) I have brought a new SS and now more than ever I find it hard to justify having the M3 in my garage. Yes I know - traitor/loser/idiot but when my daily was a ute it wasn't hard to pick the M3 for that special trip. Now the SS is not a bad drive - hopefully the honeymoon will still be over soon and (failing a sale on my terms) the M will shine through and the romance will begin again