Sign in to follow this  
E34-535ti

E34 M5 3.6L

Hi Guys, having recently purchased Davids anthracite E39 M5 I now need to let my E34 go....

Trademe linky:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=725938651

Haven't given that much detail in the ad but it's the kinda car only an enthusiast will buy and will most likely know all about already! If anyones interested give me a call and I'll happily answer any questions!

Sam

• Like 1

Beautiful example!

Did I spot a lower side skirt from an E36 M3 in byzanz metallic in one shot?

what front kit is that? is that standard M5???

• Like 1

Looks std to me. Was someone on this forums that wanted one iirc.

Looks tough as, GLWS.

Holy sh*t, this would be in my ownership had this been around a month ago!

Is it just me or does $16k seem awfully cheap for an M5? Sure, there are probably lower km examples to be had, but since when did M cars become affordable??!! Tis a beauty, am jealous of it's new owner already :(

i cant imagine it will be on there for more than a few days at that price. When was the last time you saw a genuine E34 M5 on TM?

Edited by KwS

Really nice man, hope I can afford to own one one day : ) don't think I could ever let it go though if I did

I was wondering if this car was still around.

I used to ride around in it all the time with the original owner who bought it over with him. He had the Turbines on it.

Sweet, sweet, sweet car.

Dream car right there! Such a deal. GLWS

I know the family who brought this car in from SA. I saw it in 2000 when it had around 100,000ks on the clock. It was immaculate. Not too many examples with the original turbine wheels. It was then sold to an accountant called Graham Peddler in Hawkes bay who drove it heavily and within a few years brought it up to 200 plus k's. Then another guy bought it in Hb and didn't drive it much and now sold to you- correct? Great car! Good luck with the sale.

By the way if you go to the M registry pretty sure it's on there - depicted with its turbines.

By the way if you go to the M registry pretty sure it's on there - depicted with its turbines.

It is indeed. http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=903

Very, very tempting. I'll probably end up thinking about it too long and it'll be gone tomorrow. Or today. Wouldn't be surprising.

Purchased an E39 to replace the E34. That just doesn't compute.

Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

Beautiful example!

Good spotting! yes that’s my old M3, used to also belong to Cam here as well.

I know the family who brought this car in from SA. I saw it in 2000 when it had around 100,000ks on the clock. It was immaculate. Not too many examples with the original turbine wheels. It was then sold to an accountant called Graham Peddler in Hawkes bay who drove it heavily and within a few years brought it up to 200 plus k's. Then another guy bought it in Hb and didn't drive it much and now sold to you- correct? Great car! Good luck with the sale.

Yip that’s the one, though I think it went through another pair of hands after Graham Peddler sold it. It has a thick folder of receipts and paper work with it that go right back to at least it's early days in NZ, I think the original owner also had an M3 at the same time as owning the M5?

It had the turbines on it when I bought it, but the tyres weren't that great and I had the M Parras in the garage from my previous E34 (and to be honest the M Parra is the best wheel ever made... ;) )

At the risk of sounding totally over the top I also have a set of T Stars (M System IIs) with the 9inch rears that I had planned to put the Turbine covers on, will let them go to with the car at the right price....

Purchased an E39 to replace the E34. That just doesn't compute.

Good luck with the sale.

Heh yeah..... I wish I could keep them both but I have waaay to many cars so the fleet must reduce.

what front kit is that? is that standard M5???

Yip standard M5, car is standard other than the wheels on it.

• Like 1

Yip that’s the one, though I think it went through another pair of hands after Graham Peddler sold it. It has a thick folder of receipts and paper work with it that go right back to at least it's early days in NZ, I think the original owner also had an M3 at the same time as owning the M5?

The M3 was Blue IIRC.

Beautiful example!

P.S I put a 1UZ into an E34 a few years ago, don't tell the purists but it improved it no end! That was before the days when you could pick up a 540i for next to nothing, doubt you'd do it now...

• Like 2

sorry to hijack you for sale thread...I no own the byzanz e36 m3. any info from past owners must appreciated.

P.S I put a 1UZ into an E34 a few years ago, don't tell the purists but it improved it no end! That was before the days when you could pick up a 540i for next to nothing, doubt you'd do it now...

I think I remember, silver or grey one in manual right?

It would make for a good setup, but yeah with the costs of a cheap 540i it's not really worth it these days, unless you were really keen.

I only put the 1UZ in the E36 as it wasnt a factory option & changed the whole character of the car.