Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Bargain V12 S600 Merc

Shame its not the Twin Turbo facelift S600.... Looks like a good price if thats what youre into though.

• Like 1

Tanks empty, add $210 to purchase price.

Cheap, cool car though.

Those wheels :o

Wheels are nothing, Getting wheels to suit ones liking is easy to get. But a 600 Benz for 9k. Nice. Too bad i have to many projects. id be keen to take that project on. LOL

Nice car. Almost like the 7 series, people are too scared to touch them, so you end up with a lot of car for insane low dollars

Spent the first 5-6 years of it's life in Singapore, which will likely have contributed to the low mileage.

Pity there is no mention of service history.

Whatever, that is a helluva lot of car for the money. If you crave ultimate involvement from your driving it's less likely to completely satisfy, but anyone who expects it to perform like a whale on rollerskates is going to be very, very surprised. I drove a W220 320CDi and while there is no getting away from it being a big car, it felt nimble and handles like something much smaller.

• Like 1

Spent the first 5-6 years of it's life in Singapore, which will likely have contributed to the low mileage.

Pity there is no mention of service history.

Whatever, that is a helluva lot of car for the money. If you crave ultimate involvement from your driving it's less likely to completely satisfy, but anyone who expects it to perform like a whale on rollerskates is going to be very, very surprised. I drove a W220 320CDi and while there is no getting away from it being a big car, it felt nimble and handles like something much smaller.

haha , yea all the engine wiring looms will be crumbling to bits

but anyone who expects it to perform like a whale on rollerskates

Call of the day :D

I couldnt think of a worse car to buy IMO Overcomplicated, boring and built in Mercedes' infamous corner cutting days.

• Like 1

I just wouldn't buy it coz then I'd have to look at it. Plenty of car for the money though!

EDIT- Michael should buy it for the engine :P

Edited by Kopua Cowboy

It was the early to mid-90s MBs that had loom issues. After that and through to ~2002, the accountants insisted on the use of sub-standard finishing processes, including paint, anti-corrosion and the like.

The W220 suffered much less from this than other models; the W210 E-class was worst affected.

It was the early to mid-90s MBs that had loom issues. After that and through to ~2002, the accountants insisted on the use of sub-standard finishing processes, including paint, anti-corrosion and the like.

The W220 suffered much less from this than other models; the W210 E-class was worst affected.

Do beg to differ, I've seen mid 2000's Benz's (several) with disindegrated wiring, & not just the the engine loom but right through the car. Ex Singapore/Japan worst.This when the cars were 5 yrs old too

details from a merc guy i know.

Hmmmm with their flakey airbag suspension and oil leaks that need the heads removed and expensive coil packs...maybe not a great idea

• Like 1

I think it's priced about right as it's wholesale really from turners. Let's not forget also that it's a 14 year old imported S class with a 5.8 V12 that can potentially have more issues than a red headed step child. Not something that will tick many boxes for some people.

• Like 1

haha , yea all the engine wiring looms will be crumbling to bits

Of course they do that regardless... Stupid german recycling laws! Like the shitty undertrays etc on BMW's.

Of course they do that regardless... Stupid german recycling laws! Like the shitty undertrays etc on BMW's.

& radiators, water pumps, hose couplings, thermostat housings, fan blades, fan shrouds...............

^^^ Yes but at least BMW don't use recycled in their wiring too.

• Like 1

& radiators, water pumps, hose couplings, thermostat housings, fan blades, fan shrouds...............

Hence why you should pop a Toyota engine in :P hehe

Hence why you should pop a Toyota engine in :P hehe

Nah......

;)