Sign in to follow this  
smudger

My new E36 M3 convertible

I recently took the plunge and bought a low mileage (25k miles) E36 convertible. I know plenty of members here don't like the verts but its great here in Marlborough and the kids love it (as do i of course). It's kind of a replacement for my old Mk2 Jag that had to go a few years ago but uses a bit less oil and hopefully has lower running costs ! Its in excellent condition having only had 3 private owners before me and been very well looked after. Posting a few pics from the dealer i sourced it from as the weather hasn't been too kind to get new ones lately.

post-51305-0-48965400-1402453005.jpg

post-51305-0-89589600-1402453005.jpg

post-51305-0-88121700-1402453111.jpg

post-51305-0-24346500-1402453443.jpg

Edited by smudger
  • Like 1

Its a pretty famous car seen these exact photos on this forun before too

Hopefully that's famous rather than infamous ..... and why ? It was at an Auckland dealer off and on for the past 6 months or so.

Nice, congrats on the purchase. Love the colour!

Looks awesome!!

What do you mean dont like verts? Only reason I got an e36 touring is cause it came up for sale before a decent vert.

And it is awesome and i love the colour too.....i have two mates with M3s, an E30 and an E46 and only one of them has made the hairdressers car comment so far. When i posted a little while back for feedback on this vs an E46 there was some suggestion to go with a hardtop instead. But for us ( and me even more so ) this is perfect !

Have had to clear the garage out though as the birds seemed to find it irresistible for target practice in the carport ! Not fans of violet i guess.

nice buy , are sure those are not the brouchure photo's :)

Stunning example, i remember this on trademe, very clean, great score....i prefer hard-top but definetly admire a well kept ver!!

Stunning example, i remember this on trademe, very clean, great score....i prefer hard-top but definetly admire a well kept ver!!

Yes, i was surprised it didnt sell when it was on TradeMe. Assume it was a combo of maybe the initial price, the colour and a vert.

Looks awesome man! Seems like e36 m3s are more common than 318's on here now!

That was just along the beach from me, very nice colour!

Went for a drive down to Kaikoura last week, here's a couple of IPhone pics

post-51305-0-86864600-1404092460_thumb.j

post-51305-0-28708800-1404092462_thumb.j

• Like 1

Never been a big fan of E36s but they do look great as verts. Nice score!

• Like 1

Beaut. The e36's square angles on the raked body form will make for a modern classic in colour/engine combos as yours

Not much a fan of the breakaway more 'modern' shapes but that looks bloody good!

E36s are 'modern'?

• Like 1

More modern than a commodore at least!

Never been a big fan of E36s but they do look great as verts. Nice score!

As me, the 4 doors do nothing for me. Coupes & better - the vert look great IMO. That colour too is one of the best :) Well done!

• Like 1

Yes its a great car, love the colour and it had to be a convertible. As for a great score, it was for sale by the dealer for around 6 months, listed on TRadeMe repeatedly, looked at by several members of this board but just didnt sell. I bought it as soon as the money became available, and the price dropped a bit, so lucky really, which made a very nice change !

E36s are 'modern'?

Just the way the headlights merged, or moved away from the individual two spots. Probably the same as e21/e24/e28 'ers say about chopping the slant/shark nose off etc.

That colour would look good on any car though. Quite unique in that it's a rare shade from any brand to see on the road.