Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

Brand-new e34 m5 anyone?

wow. who would buy one & not drive it tho?

Wow crazy... just left there for 23 years. What kind of deteriation could you expect to see, suspension bushes gone hard? Rubber seals in parts gone hard / damaged with fluid? Otherwise it must be mint as mint gets.

These are my favorite BMW model atm... If I return with a BMW project it would be an E34, I dont think theres any BMW that captures that quality, BMW-ness and class like a well sorted E34 does, other than the E30.

• Like 2

These are my favorite BMW model atm... If I return with a BMW project it would be an E34, I dont think theres any BMW that captures that quality, BMW-ness and class like a well sorted E34 does, other than the E30.

+1.

Love E34's

Wow crazy... just left there for 23 years. What kind of deteriation could you expect to see, suspension bushes gone hard? Rubber seals in parts gone hard / damaged with fluid? Otherwise it must be mint as mint gets.

Come join the Turbo E34's in the BMW Race series. 600BHP should put a smile on your face.

• Like 1

Probably not much deterioration at all, contrary to what many people would say. Just a decent check over and freshen up I reckon.

• Like 1

I don't understand the fascination with buying a survivor or time capsule car like this. You could never drive it or it would instantly lose all its value. Personally, I'd much rather buy a fully restored version. That way you could drive it and enjoy it without feeling guilty. Worst comes to worst you could just restore it again, whereas a survivor car is only original once.

Edited by Cheyne

Couldn`t agree more. Drive it for a year and then see what it`s worth. These `Time Capsule` cars are a bit of an oddity and there are a couple popping up now in the UK.

Restoration would be a lot more fun..

At the 65K sterling asking price I doubt the new owner would have a problem not using it. He/She could just park it up 2 rows back behind the Ferrari's, Aston Martin's, Porsche's and a dozen or so other rarities. Who else but an auto museum, BMW or a franchise, or someone so wealthy they have at least 8 spare bedrooms in their mansion would have any interest in something like this.

Personally, I'd go an unrestored but mostly tidy one with healthy mechanicals. Park it in the rain and drive the s#@t out of it to work everyday.

im amazed its not in a BMW museum or something. cant be too many 0KM M5s around.

If i won powerball i'd totally buy it, and put the hardest KM on it that any E34 M5 has seen (although well maintained and cared for). Track day, drags, skids, everything. just to piss off the purists.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

Would be kinda cool to be the first owner of a 91 M5, but kiss your money goodbye as soon as you put some kms on the clock! You would have to keep it forever.( not that it would be a bad thing)!

Hmm. I've never seen a new car with 0 kms. By the time they turn up at the dealership there's normally a couple of hundred on them.

Gfs parents own a car factory and dealership in korea and said that some customers dont want any kms on the car so pick up straight out of the factory rather than from the dealership.

Interesting point about the 0kms. Being hand built at the M factory I would've thought each new M5 would get put through a test involving driving it or the rear wheels at least. Maybe it's done a few hundred metres?

All our new cars at work, even the AMG Mercs, all have a few KM on them at delivery. Be interesting to see what the cluster on the M5 actually says

Any cars I've had from new had kms on them.

Lowest was a VW transporter last year, that had 8 from memory.

Just getting from the factory onto the boat will put some on, and they probably run them up at the factory on rollers... surely? VW used to with Beetles.

In reality, I don't think a buyer would care if it's 0 or 8. Either way, it's nothing, really.

I have not seen it but a reliable source has told me that there is a sub-20,000 k e34 m5 living somewhere in nz! Not bad considering nearly all of the e34 m5 these days in Nz have 200k plus on their engines.

yeah i think it had done a bit over 15k